Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 14/15 Banter thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭hawkwind23

Fattes wrote: »
    The fly over Patrolle Suisse 2 F18's and a Swiss air Airbus formed up over our resort watched the from the top form up and head to Wengen! We can see the Jangfrau, Munch and Eiger from here

class :)

that crash just shows how steep it is , madmen!
    you wonder how they dont break a leg when the ski is stuck and twisting , i presume they have completely different din settings.

Great downhill this one and switching between this and Zakopane WC Ski jump , be great to see Kamil Stoch win it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

Is that from yesterday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

hawkwind23 wrote: »
    class :)

that crash just shows how steep it is , madmen!
    you wonder how they dont break a leg when the ski is stuck and twisting , i presume they have completely different din settings.

Great downhill this one and switching between this and Zakopane WC Ski jump , be great to see Kamil Stoch win it.

So you average rental skid on goes from 4-10 or 6-12 your average ski bought will be maxing out at 16. I have seen some of the World Cup guys with Dins as high as 22-26!!

If you watch them crash the tri to get the skis way from the ground and then downhill as the start to slow, this is to stop them catching and turning their legs into corkscrews

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

I have seen some of the World Cup guys with Dins as high as 22-26!!

I just can't get my head around that. Just madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭fmlarnapairce

working now, can't wait to get home to watch recorded downhnill! better have feckin recorded or i'm going to be on the phone to upc (for 2 hours)

• Advertisement

CardinalJ wrote: »
    I just can't get my head around that. Just madness.

Think of a guy who weighs 95-110Kg travelling at upwards of 140KPH on a bumpy rutted sheet of ice and think of the force he exerts on the ski and the pressure created from G force and the ground!

It should help, my freeride skis go from 14-20 and race skis were always 18 :) But I am fat

Congratulations to Kamil Stoch , that was exciting!
    Getting into the ski jumping :)

Congratulations to Kamil Stoch , that was exciting!
    Getting into the ski jumping :)

18-20th of December it is in town here if you fancy seeing it!

Lars showing just how deep it was today!

http://instagram.com/p/yAHuw9F2j0/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Looking good in Les Arcs today

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Looking good in Les Arcs today

10940578_10153130669828474_4163812068972978598_n.jpg?oh=9675cf383310cecc3de8b8f95afa9477&oe=552E1BA1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭a148pro

50cm of fresh and a bluebird! And managed to find a good enough friend to bring my dad skiing in it as I can't aggghhhhhhhh

Aw man I'm sick reading some of the updates today

Fattes, on career guidance day will you be sure to text me your desk number so I can benefit from future offspring's chosen (or guided) career path

Also absolutely fcuk the swiss they are purporting to charge me 30 euro for sending 4 whats app text messages. The more I think about it the more I consider the entire Swiss project to be parasitic.

100% whatsapp and not mms? Sending pictures from an iPhone?

a148pro wrote: »
    Aw man I'm sick reading some of the updates today

Fattes, on career guidance day will you be sure to text me your desk number so I can benefit from future offspring's chosen (or guided) career path

Of course, anything I can help with! You know the old joke though, what's the difference between a ski instructor and a pizza? A pizza can feed a family of 4 ;)

Try having the Swiss pull the rug from under their currency and me having my rent for the season on a Euro Bank account and currently unable to earn CHF due to injury!!!

how did you get charged for what's App roaming charges on 3G?

18-20th of December it is in town here if you fancy seeing it!

Yeah i would but its Switzerland!
    id have enough for about 4 pints over the weekend but suppose you never know

Yeah i would but its Switzerland!
    id have enough for about 4 pints over the weekend but suppose you never know

CHF 9- 10 francs for a 3 pint pitcher! It's not so bad ;)

currency rate change this week is a killer, will see how the businesses react long term but right now they are going with the current exchange rate!

I skied into Switzerland for about two hours, sent about four text only messages on what's app, swiss network charged me 30 euro. Total roaming bill for four days was about 90. Farce.

I skied into Switzerland for about two hours, sent about four text only messages on what's app, swiss network charged me 30 euro. Total roaming bill for four days was about 90. Farce.

Contact your provider.

New prizm lens just arrived from the good folks at Oakley. Just need to get back to the mountains now.

• Advertisement

Contact your provider.

A pay as you go Swiss mobile, with 10 francs credit and a month free data is about 30 francs :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

New prizm lens just arrived from the good folks at Oakley. Just need to get back to the mountains now.

Nice one, let us know how you get on with this one! 13 days and I'll be testing out the Prizm Rose too :D

stevire wrote: »
    Nice one, let us know how you get on with this one! 13 days and I'll be testing out the Prizm Rose too :D

I'm afraid it's 25 days 23 hours and 44 mins for me. Fattes will be back on the snow before me. All going well of course.

I'm afraid it's 25 days 23 hours and 44 mins for me. Fattes will be back on the snow before me. All going well of course.

This is this am a friend (well he was once)of mine wanted to let me know how it was.

Week of Feb 2 looks like my first ski day on return from injury

This is this am a friend (well he was once)of mine wanted to let me know how it was.

Week of Feb 2 looks like my first ski day on return from injury

Looks ****

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

http://m.tt.com/panorama/unfall/9508640-91/offenbar-mehrere-versch%C3%BCttete-bei-lawinenabgang-in-st.-anton.csp

Awful news from St Anton, 2 dead from a group of 6 skiers. Sounds like it was very close to the Valluga lift (is that the lift that you need a guide to be allowed up?)

Conflicting reports all over the place. I've seen mention of a guide but that doesn't mean he's at fault.

Yeah its that lift. Bit closer to home when its a resort you know, I'd always wanted to ski that. A reminder that even when you do everything right (i.e. engage a guide) you're still at risk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭fannymagee

Awful. And the fact that the guide was there at all means that he's now up sh1t creek. Nightmare stuff.

• Advertisement

Yeah its that lift. Bit closer to home when its a resort you know, I'd always wanted to ski that. A reminder that even when you do everything right (i.e. engage a guide) you're still at risk.

As with last season a lot of guides, taking risks for financial gain due to a slow season.

There are accidents and preventable incidents that occur due to Human error! This seems like the latter

Advertisement