Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 14/15 Banter thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭fmlarnapairce

Fattes wrote: »
    Back in business!!!

fairplay, I see you've taken up boarding......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭a148pro

Hopefully fattes your remobilization will leave you more time to enjoy and less time to post pictures of the conditions that the rest of us can't get out to; )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭masseyno9

Good to hear Fattes.

Gearing up for Revelstoke next weekend. Monday booked off work - weather watching can begin! Last year's trip was cut short because the road closed due to too much snow! This year I'd like an adequate amount of snow. It was 16 degrees in Calgary last weekend and has got steadily colder all week...due to culminate in -14 Sunday I hear. a 30 degree swing over the course of a week sounds drastic, but I've seen it happen over 2 days before. Crazy weather patterns out here! Here's hoping that out in BC it's equally cold this week!

Had to pass on a cat-skiing trip in Fernie the weekend after due to cost, unfortunately.

EDIT: A148pro, if Fattes is dropping the ball on pics, I can stick a few up if you like!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

masseyno9 wrote: »
    Good to hear Fattes.

Gearing up for Revelstoke next weekend. Monday booked off work - weather watching can begin! Last year's trip was cut short because the road closed due to too much snow! This year I'd like an adequate amount of snow. It was 16 degrees in Calgary last weekend and has got steadily colder all week...due to culminate in -14 Sunday I hear. a 30 degree swing over the course of a week sounds drastic, but I've seen it happen over 2 days before. Crazy weather patterns out here! Here's hoping that out in BC it's equally cold this week!

Had to pass on a cat-skiing trip in Fernie the weekend after due to cost, unfortunately.

EDIT: A148pro, if Fattes is dropping the ball on pics, I can stick a few up if you like!
    The only difference between cat skiing and Revelstoke is the price! Terrain in Revie is amazing the sketelrick trees!! Oh my getting excited just thinking about the

• Advertisement

Also whoever thought of this thread it was a great idea, rejuvenated things on this forum. Junkies like us have a place to repeatedly express our desire for all things ski related.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

a148pro wrote: »
    Also whoever thought of this thread it was a great idea, rejuvenated things on this forum. Junkies like us have a place to repeatedly express our desire for all things ski related.

I hate snow. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,405 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Just to let you all know you sicken me, no skiing this year wasn't looking likely money wise with a baby on the way for the wife and then done my ACL before christmas. Wasn't too bothered as I avoided looking up anything about it this year but just had a quick look through this thread and am sick as a dog now.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭fmlarnapairce

i'm in same boat, not hitting the mountains this year (unless I get a new job sharpish), my regular crowd are arriving in ischgl as we speak, bstrds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

Burton European Open is on this weekend. Cormee will be please. Horgmo got third in the slopestyle. Awesome course too.

You can watch the mens finals here on redbull.tv

http://www.redbull.tv/videos/event-stream-481/final-slopestyle-men

1st: Stale Sandbech
    2nd: Mark McMorris
    3rd: Torstein Horgmo

Womens final
    1st: Christy Prior
    2nd: Jamie Anderson
    3rd: Enni Rukajärvi

Halfpipe finals tomorrow.

FWT is also on and was postponed today after the last of the women's skiers had to be airlifted. I think there were 14 women and more than half were caught out by conditions. As they still had womens snowboard, mens snowboard and mens ski still to run it was decided to finish for the day. I don't suppose you've heard Fattes if they are running tomorrow?

• Advertisement

salmocab wrote: »
    Just to let you all know you sicken me, no skiing this year wasn't looking likely money wise with a baby on the way for the wife and then done my ACL before christmas. Wasn't too bothered as I avoided looking up anything about it this year but just had a quick look through this thread and am sick as a dog now.

dude you have this all arseways, the child is like a double ACL, beg borrow and steal and get out there while you can

Is it easier to ski with one screwed acl or two? think about it

salmocab wrote: »
    Just to let you all know you sicken me, no skiing this year wasn't looking likely money wise with a baby on the way for the wife and then done my ACL before /quote]

If it helps I have been out of action for 4 weeks looking out my window at one of the best freeride faces in Europe!

FWT will make a call in the morning, Judges will inspect the face with Guides and call it. The actually moved today's event from the planned face because of conditions!

Our local participant Matilda had a bad fall today on her run

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

Burton European Open is on this weekend. Cormee will be please. Horgmo got third in the slopestyle. Awesome course too.

You can watch the mens finals here on redbull.tv

http://www.redbull.tv/videos/event-stream-481/final-slopestyle-men

1st: Stale Sandbech
    2nd: Mark McMorris
    3rd: Torstein Horgmo

Womens final
    1st: Christy Prior
    2nd: Jamie Anderson
    3rd: Enni Rukajärvi

Halfpipe finals tomorrow.

FWT is also on and was postponed today after the last of the women's skiers had to be airlifted. I think there were 14 women and more than half were caught out by conditions. As they still had womens snowboard, mens snowboard and mens ski still to run it was decided to finish for the day. I don't suppose you've heard Fattes if they are running tomorrow?

I've mixed feelings about this. Om the one hand it's a fantastic link, on the other hand I'm going to have to stay up to 5.30am watching it.

masseyno9 wrote: »

Ay Jaysus BC? Even more out of reach, stick em up anyway I'm a sucker for punishment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭hawkwind23

Ladies half pipe starting now on BBC Red Button

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,602 ✭✭✭prunudo

Just back from a week in Morzine, great week with super conditions. Knee deep powder and more in places. Still snowing there this morning I believe, anybody heading this weekend will have a great week.

jvan wrote: »
    Just back from a week in Morzine, great week with super conditions. Knee deep powder and more in places. Still snowing there this morning I believe, anybody heading this weekend will have a great week.

My sister just landed there last night , im jealous!

So it's a powder day! Struggling with the discipline and patience right now ha ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭dzer2

Hey Fattes dont push it another week to 10 days now is better that writing off the rest of the season

Looks idyllic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,602 ✭✭✭prunudo

cormee wrote: »
    Looks idyllic

Best thing about that shot is that is was yesterday which was a bonus day as flight wasn't till late. An extra unplanned sunny powder day is a great way to finish a holiday :D

dzer2 wrote: »
    Hey Fattes dont push it another week to 10 days now is better that writing off the rest of the season

Still on our nursery slope and will be for the next 2 weeks :) busy teaching days.

Be careful out there folks 10 avalanche deaths this week on Switzerland alone! Another 6 in France!!!!

We are all being hauled in for a safety briefing tonight so it must be bad

Mens half pipe on ,
    the "irishman" seamus o connor had a nice first run :)

Best thing about that shot is that is was yesterday which was a bonus day as flight wasn't till late. An extra unplanned sunny powder day is a great way to finish a holiday :D

That's one of the good things about Morzine being so close to Geneva, the extra few hours you can fit in. I never did it myself though, I'm always happy to hang the boots up after 5 days.

Loved the time I spent in Morzine, it's a lovely ski area and the town is gorgeous too. I don't think I ever saw conditions like you did, in fact the first year there was no snow in Morzine at all :(

Did you visit Crepu (the bar)?

hawkwind23 wrote: »
    Mens half pipe on ,
    the "irishman" seamus o connor had a nice first run :)

Luck of the "Irish"!

How does sir like his snow flakes, Big and fluffy, big and fluffy

Not sure who was asking about FWT but today cancelled and they are running on Kappel on Tuesday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

Just arrived!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭dzer2

Right lads put your heads together for this one.

Flying into Basel wednesday 5th march back home on Sunday From Basel

Need a cheap resort and handy way to get there

Can get to Chamonix and have room for 230 euro

Appreciate all ideas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭khc

If you're looking for cheap, I'd avoid Switzerland with the current exchange rate!

Advertisement