Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap, powerful & reliable speedlights???

• 30-09-2014 11:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭

I'm spending too much money on studio time, particularly when I'm mostly shooting against a plain backdrop.

Can't manage studio strobes at home for now so thinking of getting some more speedlights.

I've a couple of YN468s which have served me well but I know Yongnuo and possibly others have come out with new stuff since then.

What's good these days? I'm happy with manual controls and optical slave settings. Just need power and a reasonably good recycle time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭candytog

Ben D Bus wrote: »
    I'm spending too much money on studio time, particularly when I'm mostly shooting against a plain backdrop.

Can't manage studio strobes at home for now so thinking of getting some more speedlights.

I've a couple of YN468s which have served me well but I know Yongnuo and possibly others have come out with new stuff since then.

What's good these days? I'm happy with manual controls and optical slave settings. Just need power and a reasonably good recycle time.

I've heard great things about the YN560 mk3 ones, hard to beat unless you go silly money on a canon 600 or sb900.

You could also go with power packs to help the recycle time (and save money on batteries)

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Logie-1

Check this out- Pixel Mago Speedlight.

http://www.flashhavoc.com/

Advertisement