Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gravey in Chippers

Options
  • 30-09-2014 12:26pm

This was something that i came across in the UK or if i go up north. Gravy chips is really popular. I tried it and i have to say, i loved it. I said it in my local chipper as a tip and they looked at me as if i had 2 heads.

The only place i know that actually does gravy is KFC, but i hate their chicken. Why is it, it has not picked up in Ireland ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Lucy and Harry

Used to eat chicken gravy on chips.Lovely and full of calories

• Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I went to university in Manchester and, as a student, pie, chips, mushy peas and gravy was one of my staples :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Beshoff does gravey as does my local.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Greenduck

Hillbillys does the nicest gravy! it never really took off in chippers however! More of a curry culture in Ireland :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I have not seen it in italian chippers in dublin that I can recall. I have heard of it outside of dublin though.
    Used to eat chicken gravy on chips.
    +1, I would have beef gravy too. I love gravy on roast potatoes and italian chipper chips are fairly similar to them. I have got some strange looks but when you say the similarity to roasties they usaully come around. Just like getting strange looks eating pizza in the morning, until you compare it to toast, tomatoes, ketchup & sausages.

You can use the google site: command search to find stuff like this on just eat which has menus of takeaways all around the country. I do see several dublin chippers with it.

https://www.google.ie/#safe=off&q=gravy+site:www.just-eat.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

rubadub wrote: »
    You can use the google site: command search to find stuff like this on just eat which has menus of takeaways all around the country. I do see several dublin chippers with it.

https://www.google.ie/#safe=off&q=gravy+site:www.just-eat.ie

The first one in that search 'Tennesse Fried Chicken' in Crumlin is where I used to get Chicken with a fantastic gravy. Consistantly good was a problem there and with other chippers though. Sometimes you'd get half-oil other times a type of thick mushroom soup :eek:

I occasinally experiment at home making my own by boiling chicken and useing that water as a base for a gravy. Currently I'm useing flour, veg oil, glarlic clove and a heavy dose of soy sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Lucy and Harry

I remember that place beside Abrekababra.Used to eat there on my lunch break.Chicken gravy yum slurp.

Advertisement