Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ironman Barcelona - Interested in shared shuttle to Calella Thurs eve.

Options
  • 30-09-2014 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,

Anyone heading to Barcelona on the 18:30 Aer Lingus flight this Thursday interested in sharing a shuttle transfer directly to Calella?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Believe it is a non-wetsuit swim now.

Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

Matt Molloy fastest non-Pro out of the water- an incredible 49:21!!!:eek:

He's started very well on the bike too.

Tracking

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Will be interesting to see how Maltha goes in this not a bad start for him with a sub 1 hour swim - expect a crazy bike time judging from his race in kenmare so if he can hold it together on the run it will be very quick

Oooooooh 4:35 bike for Sir Charles - this could be very quick :eek:

Molloy finished in 9:05. That swim time is incredible. A 45-49 AG'er leading out of the water!

• Advertisement

Maltha 9:12 and looks like no kona spot - very very tough to qualify in the male 30/40 age grades

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭trinewbie

Looks like charlie had a tough day on the run...I cant imagine trying to.run off that bike split. Impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

Kurt Godel wrote: »
    Molloy finished in 9:05. That swim time is incredible. A 45-49 AG'er leading out of the water!

Amazing swim! It was a wave start Kurt so I don't think he was first out of water.

Solobally8 wrote: »
    Amazing swim! It was a wave start Kurt so I don't think he was first out of water.

Ah that makes sense. I got confused when I saw the times, it looked like he led out a big pack (fastest Pro swimmer was a second behind him timewise).

That's even more impressive so, to swim that time solo, with there being congestion (I assume).

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭delboyfagan

The amount of people that went sub 5 on bike is incredible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

The amount of people that went sub 5 on bike is incredible

Some faster than expected bike times alright. Wonder why.......

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

BTH wrote: »
    Some faster than expected bike times alright. Wonder why.......

Everyone trained really really hard and did lots of Sufferfest on Trainerroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭RJM85

tunney wrote: »
    Everyone trained really really hard and did lots of Sufferfest on Trainerroad.

That's the way it works in my experience. Definitely. 100%. Sure there's no other way.

*curse words*

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭delboyfagan

Look at top 80 in 40-44 male age group and u will find around 10 did between 5hr and 5hrs 5, and roughly 9 did between 5hrs 5 and 5 hrs 10 and the rest were all sub 5.

Looking at same male age group this is a huge difference when compared to florida and germany.

Nothing sells an ironman event like a fast course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Even the pros were drafting judging by 6th place twitter feed, apparently there will be some shocking footage of drafting put up soon. Cannot remember drafting being that bad when it was a challenge race.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭P2C

Even the pros were drafting judging by 6th place twitter feed, apparently there will be some shocking footage of drafting put up soon. Cannot remember drafting being that bad when it was a challenge race.

It looked tame in comparison to Mallorca. I was watching the live footage all day and although plenty of drafting there wasnt to many peletons

Advertisement