Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon and Pre-Orders

Options
  • 30-09-2014 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I'm thinking about pre-ordering a game through Amazon. From your experience, what's their delivery times like? What option should you go for to get the game on day 1?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I'm thinking about pre-ordering a game through Amazon. From your experience, what's their delivery times like? What option should you go for to get the game on day 1?

I don't think you can be 100% guaranteed the game day one since the GTA 5 debacle of them posting the game early for launch and it arriving too early.

Take the 4 day hit and get it frees is my advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TinCanMan

I pre-ordered Fifa 15 through them with standard delivery. The game was released last Friday. I received it this Monday.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,364 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

If you need it day one (there are very few occasions when one physically needs a game on release day ;)) or even if you're just that eager, set up a Parcel Motel account. You'll have free first class one-day delivery to the North then, and the PM chaps will most likely have it down to you sometime on Friday.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Hey guys,

If you day 1 choose express and have you address as parcel motel and you'll more than likely get day one, I usually go with super saver and have it a day or 2 after release and if its a Tuesday release I've always had it by Friday or if it was a Friday release I'd always get Monday or Tuesday the latest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

I've done pre-orders for Blizzard games... some came on day of release, others a day later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

TinCanMan wrote: »
    I pre-ordered Fifa 15 through them with standard delivery. The game was released last Friday. I received it this Monday.

I hate release days set on Fridays... because if your delivery didn't come that day, you got to wait the weekend for it, where as Tuesdays instead is quite ideal since if not Tuesday most likely arrive on Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

I was going to get COD Advanced Warfare which is out on a Monday I think. I don't want to opt for parcel motel so for amazon, would you recommend 2 day delivery?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I was going to get COD Advanced Warfare which is out on a Monday I think. I don't want to opt for parcel motel so for amazon, would you recommend 2 day delivery?

Very expensive but it does arrive via courier for release day.

Very expensive but it does arrive via courier for release day.

It is £42 on Amazon at the moment so even if delivery came to a tenner, I'd still save I reckon. I'd just like it by the Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

At that rate i'd be in the bricks and mortar shop tbh

• Advertisement

Cormac... wrote: »
    At that rate i'd be in the bricks and mortar shop tbh

€69.99 v 60.

I kinda see your point actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,538 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Have started buying most of my games through Amazon, with Parcel Motel for delivery. Considering most PS4 games tend to be 70-75 on release, getting it one day later for 60-65 is worth it imo.

Advertisement