Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is this Ken Hom recipe called? Also, wok tips.

Options
  • 30-09-2014 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭

Hi

We caught part of a Ken Homme show a year or so ago on TV but we have not made the dish (or attempted to make it) for awhile and we have no idea what it is actually called. If we knew we could Google for the exact recipe, different variants, and cooking tips etc. Googling for the ingredients below brings up a lot of different results.

Chicken breasts are diced and put in a bowl with corn flour, sesame oil, soy sauce, crushed garlic, and diced chilli. I think it also is supposed to go in the fridge for 30 minutes where time where allow. We then fry it on the wok at maximum heat separately from the stir fry and serve is a separate bowl that is shared. We are a small family so we usually buy prepacked stir fry from Marks and Spencers or Tesco and add some things like ginger and pak choi.

Is there a name for this chicken mixture and do we have all the ingredients and method correct?

Whether or not the cornflour sticks all over the wok varies a lot and we have tried with two different woks. We use rapeseed oil but are open to changing. I have started to conclude we either did not treat these woks properly before first use or they are just not up to par despite not skimping on price. We have what looks like a black teflon wok and another that is at least the colour of stainless steel. I am happy to buy a new wok if it means the corn flour will stop sticking and coming off the chicken! Please advise where you can.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭runswithascript

One egg white may go in the bowl also...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Is this the recipe OP? If so you're basically deep frying the chicken and need to put lots (300mls of oil into the wok)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭runswithascript

Is this the recipe OP? If so you're basically deep frying the chicken and need to put lots (300mls of oil into the wok)

Thanks, that is similar but not it. 300mls seems a lot of oil we try to use as little as possible though I myself do try to put enough in as to stop food sticking and burning etc.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Don't worry, you just deep fry with the oil, then strain it and store it for the next time. You won't eat /all/ of it

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Roxirose

Kung po?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement