Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK Vetting

Options
  • 30-09-2014 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭

Just wondering if you have a criminal record outside the UK, would the UK's National Security Vetting, include this information?

From what I can see there are different level of security clearances DV being the highest, and most likely the one to check international databases.

Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS)
    Enhanced Baseline Standard (EBS)
    Counter Terrorist Check (CTC)
    Security Check (SC)
    Developed Vetting (DV)

At what point do they start checking records accross the boarder?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭arctan

I had to get it done this year, the form had CTC SC and DV, I don't know if they did all three, I know SC and CTC were definitely done,
    took about 5 months to process as they went through the Irish Consulate to do whatever checks they had to do in Ireland ....

so, if I had anything in Ireland, it would have showed I'm presuming..

Just remember, having a conviction doesn't necessarily meant you won't get vetted, people make mistakes and a lot of employers with high level security clearances do know this and it's not a case of convictions mean no entry (in a lot of cases), not declaring it and them finding something looks much worse.

Advertisement