Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Clicking sound from iPhone screen

• 30-09-2014 3:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭

My new iPhone 6 has started making a clicking sound when I press the screen lightly near the lower right corner. :( If it persists, would I be entitled to send it back for free repair/replacement?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

My new iPhone 6 has started making a clicking sound when I press the screen lightly near the lower right corner. :( If it persists, would I be entitled to send it back for free repair/replacement?

Yes - bring it back to where you bought it and replicate the click.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Yes - bring it back to where you bought it and replicate the click.

Thing is, I bought it from apple's uk site :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I had the same problem with my iPhone 5 last year. Screen was clicking/creaking. It was almost out of warranty too. Sent it to Apple who had a replacement back in my hands in a week. Just borrowed a phone for that time, your only option really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

AFAIK its a EU warranty if not global. Bring it to Compu B or another official Apple reseller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Just contact apple on the irish site. they will call you and will replace it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

AFAIK its a EU warranty if not global. Bring it to Compu B or another official Apple reseller.

Its not even EU wide, its country specific. A poster on here (Kceire) had to go back to Apple in Belfast recently as they wouldn't deal with it in Ireland. could try organising a repair through the Apple support site and see what it does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

CompuB have nothing to do with iPhones.

Advertisement