Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Salary ballpark?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Does the survey say how many of these sql developer roles there are? Willing to bet there's not that many.

Its like working on legacy systems for banks which use cobol - the wage is high but good luck trying to find a job there.

A 3 second search of Irish Jobs is almost enough for me to offer odds on your bet.

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

paulpd wrote: »
    The new employer will need your P45, which shows what pay you received from January this year to your leaving date from your previous employer

I don't foresee it being an issue. A bonus here and there and it all makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

FYI, some companies tend to ask for a copy of your last couple of payslips from your current job to verify that salary you told them. Adding on a few quid might not be advisable.
    It's none of their business what salary you're currently on, they're paying you for the job you applied for, not the job you're leaving. You should ask for what is a fair wage for the position applied for, and that is not based on your current salary.

I was recently asked for my P60 as part of a job application, I moved along sharpish.

Advertisement