Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Scare Factory Limerick

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

looks cool, i may pop along for the shka :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭irishproduce

How did this go?
    Did ye make it out alive?

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Munstermad

How did this go?
    Did ye make it out alive?

Not starting till 17th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

So there are two of these things going on? the scare factory on Rutland street and Horror Mania Fest in Leahmy House

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Horror mania got shut down by the fire safety officers as far as I know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

Eh? What do you mean? I have tickets to this thing. Nothing about it on their website or facebook :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Pikasso

Saw the Scare Factory tonight. Well worth it. Fantastic experience!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Mr.H wrote: »
    So there are two of these things going on? the scare factory on Rutland street and Horror Mania Fest in Leahmy House

Rutland St is a scare factory at any time of the year, not just Halloween.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

so is the other one still open or not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I was planning on heading to horror mania fest on Saturday. It doesn't say anywhere on line that it's been shut down? Just wondering if the scare factory might be better though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

panda100 wrote: »
    I was planning on heading to horror mania fest on Saturday. It doesn't say anywhere on line that it's been shut down? Just wondering if the scare factory might be better though?

They have on their Facebook that theyre open and I drove past last night and lights were on and doors open, so id say its all good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Nope its open I was wrong its open apologies for the panic a friend of mine heard it got shut clearly he was wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭Tefral

Nope its open I was wrong its open apologies for the panic a friend of mine heard it got shut clearly he was wrong

It was shut. The fire officer told them it couldn't go ahead because some of their exhibits were not up to scratch. They appear to have rectified that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Horror mania fest posted on their Facebook last night so looks like everything up and running again! They have a scare maze! Can't wait to try it out on Saturday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Pikasso

Why do all the pictures of actors from Horror Mania look kids? Are there any adults involved? Is it legal for kids to be working at night?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 leftwinger

Went to see it last night. Even though i had booked and paid for my tickets online (including service charge) I still had to queue for 1 hour and 40 minutes to get in. It lasts no more than 10-12 minutes. Might scare a few people but i found it funny . So my advice is ....dont buy online because there is a service charge per ticket and you still have to queue with those that are paying at the door., unless you want to buy the fastpass(€18.77 ripoff)and this is not Disneyland. Just be prepared to stand in line for ages and pay at the entrance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68 ✭✭peppa 1986

Was the scare factory closed down today by the city council...if so, anybody know why....

peppa 1986 wrote: »
    Was the scare factory closed down today by the city council...if so, anybody know why....

It's still open. Their facebook page has an update on it

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Looks like something had been up on the limerick post, but taken down shortly after. The link is still visible from web searches, but the story is gone. Anyone any more info?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Article on 95FM's site saying that they have been ordered to cease operations and that the power was pulled.

http://www.live95fm.ie/news/city-hall-pulls-plug-on-popular-scare-factory/20324

• Advertisement

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Article on 95FM's site saying that they have been ordered to cease operations and that the power was pulled.

http://www.live95fm.ie/news/city-hall-pulls-plug-on-popular-scare-factory/20324

Tis most definitely still open till Sunday.

cronin_j wrote: »
    Tis most definitely still open till Sunday.

Hope so, as my cousin has tickets to go!

95FM's article doesn't help with people who've heard it's been shut down.

Hope so, as my cousin has tickets to go!

95FM's article doesn't help with people who've heard it's been shut down.

My mate is the guy whose running it. It's most definitely still open.

My mate is the guy whose running it. It's most definitely still open.

No worries pal!

I'm just saying that the misinformation is a pain in the hole :D
    I thought it was cleared up last night on the FB page, then 95FM print this story today :mad:

No worries pal!

I'm just saying that the misinformation is a pain in the hole :D
    I thought it was cleared up last night on the FB page, then 95FM print this story today :mad:

Ya its not great. I told Dave about the article linked. Im sure he'll do something about it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

A more complete story in the Leader.
    The council told them to shut and cut the power. They got generators in and are staying open.

Ya its not great. I told Dave about the article linked. Im sure he'll do something about it.

Good stuff man, maybe he can get them to sort it out.
    A more complete story in the Leader.
    The council told them to shut and cut the power. They got generators in and are staying open.

That's a much better article, thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Not sure I like the sound of that. Question marks over insurance are never good.
    Was planning on bringing someone there this weekend, but that is turning me off.

vkid wrote: »
    Not sure I like the sound of that. Question marks over insurance are never good.
    Was planning on bringing someone there this weekend, but that is turning me off.

The person running it has their OWN insurance. That's where the whole mix up came from. There was an understanding that the council were providing the insurance but that's simply not the case. I've been involved in helping them set this up since the start. There was always a case of the right hand didn't know what the left hand was up to with regards the LCC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

There were hundreds Qing for this when I passed at 7.45 this evening & same again when passing in the opposite direction at 9.10

Advertisement