Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mitubishi Carisma/Colt engine swap

Options
  • 30-09-2014 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

I have a mitsubishi carisma 1.8 gdi at home. Was just used for a bit of fun round the field and 2nd gear gave up on me :P The engine was fit though and it was a quick yoke. Anyway i know where i can get a cheap 1.3 colt. I was thinking merging the 1.8 engine and the 1.3 box and putting that in the colt maybe for stock car or something :rolleyes: Just wondering if that would be at all possible and would mounts have to be changed etc. :) Any knowledge on either of the cars would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Fto engines go into colts handy enough, and the 1834cc GDI is basically the same block as the 1.8 fto so I'd say it'd be relatively straightforward.

Seems a lot of work for not much of an end result though.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Emmet Manning 99

Yeah but we have the 1.8 at home so I was thinking I might aswell just go for it if it will work :) bit of experience with the petrols. What would the story be with the gearbox though? need to change over any bits?

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭ShaunieVW

Poor engine really! Gsr engines go in without a huge amount of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

the carisma was made in the Netherlands so the wiring is more than likely all different. The carisma's engine is also mated to a reno gearbox. Don't know if the 1.3 box will fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Emmet Manning 99

Yeah i didn't know that it being made in the netherlands would make a difference. I don't know what to do now because i don't want to leave it sitting there and i don;t really want to scrap it either :p ideas for it anyone?

• Advertisement
Advertisement