Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland's "Peaceful Protestors" - Pest Control?

Options

Comments

Peppa Pig wrote: »
    The guards were across the road beside a large Garda van. Clear on the video.

Of course they were meters being taken out but I could post that video and say it shows Irish Water removing faulty meters while the gardai keep the onlookers calm.

After days of protests about putting the meters in, do you think the protesters would stand by watching them be replaced if they were faulty?

And Irish water had no issues with them being inside the barriers today which kind of makes the complaint to have the Gardai there to protect them null and void.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

After days of protests about putting the meters in, do you think the protesters would stand by watching them be replaced if they were faulty?

And Irish water had no issues with them being inside the barriers today which kind of makes the complaint to have the Gardai there to protect them null and void.

Were the main ringleaders not in court today promising to not to be illegally protesting?

Were the main ringleaders not in court today promising to not to be illegally protesting?

THe voice of the guy on the video sounds like the same guy who does a lot of the Dublin says no videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

What are you implying? - that they wouldn't be peacefully protesting?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

THe voice of the guy on the video sounds like the same guy who does a lot of the Dublin says no videos.

All these cretins sound the same so it's hard to tell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭coolemon

• Registered Users Posts: 11,375 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Why would they create an issue, seeing as the protesters (or not in this case) weren't protesting or abusing them in this case? That would be just asking for trouble, but of course you know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Fukuyama

Christ on a bike, reading posts by Irishfreeview gives an unprecedented insight into the thought process of a hard leftist.

Clutching at straws claiming that Irish Water workers were intimidated enough by protesters to actually remove meters, and in the same breath claim protesters are peaceful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Dean0088 wrote: »
    Christ on a bike, reading posts by Irishfreeview gives an unprecedented insight into the thought process of a hard leftist.

Clutching at straws claiming that Irish Water workers were intimidated enough by protesters to actually remove meters, and in the same breath claim protesters are peaceful.

Given that you're the man who started the thread based on having a raging boner for a baton charge, I'd be a bit wary of mounting your horse there.

Nodin wrote: »
    Given that you're the man who started the thread based on having a raging boner for a baton charge, I'd be a bit wary of mounting your horse there.

Why so? Do tell.

He has spouted pure rubbish, claims to be able to fix the 7 Billion deficit by reducing ministers salaries and contradicts himself repeatedly, often in the same sentence. :pac:

• Advertisement

Why so? Do tell.

He has spouted pure rubbish, claims to be able to fix the 7 Billion deficit by reducing ministers salaries and contradicts himself repeatedly, often in the same sentence. :pac:

I'm sure he does, but that's somewhere down the list of sins compared to wanting people to be hauled off in some police state style fashion.

I'm sure he does, but that's somewhere down the list of sins compared to wanting people to be hauled off in some police state style fashion.

Behave like scumbags, get arrested.

Ireland is far from a police state - anyone who thinks arresting these idiots equals a police state must be very sheltered and never visited other countries where it takes on, maybe two warning from a cop before you find yourself in cuffs.

Behave like scumbags, get arrested.

Ireland is far from a police state - anyone who thinks arresting these idiots equals a police state must be very sheltered and never visited other countries where it takes on, maybe two warning from a cop before you find yourself in cuffs.

You mean the kind of place where cops beat people half to death and there's running riots in the streets on a fairly regular basis? Wow, we really should go down that road.

Clutching at straws?

I'm not the one lying. Where did I ever say Irish Water workers were intimidated enough by protesters to actually remove meters?

Stop with the lies

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Rent-A-Mob that use any old excuse to hijack a crowd for their own agenda. Same faces in any video that have trouble with the Gardai and accuse them of 'attacking' people. This group would show up to the opening of a packet of crisps. Chanting Seig Heil and goosestepping in the last video of the OP (@2:28) says more about these people than it does about anyone else. In fact, your one with the glasses and hair tied back doing the goose step was the head cheerleader at the Free Margaretta D'Arcy protests too. Goons.

Where did I ever say Irish Water workers were intimidated enough by protesters to actually remove meters?
    When you say this
    It appears the protests maybe working

Is it a straight lie - who knows, probably a hopeful indication as to what occurred.

But when you say
    Maybe some posters need a tissue to wipe away the tears?:D

It's fairly obvious that you are saying that the meters being removed are a direct result of the protests.

You offered no proof as to your assertion because there is no proof from what you posted.

Furthermore, when you say
    You are saying they are being removed because of the protests, otherwise the crowd would not be so calm

Do you believe these meters were removed because of the protests?

Peppa Pig wrote: »
    When you say this

Is it a straight lie - who knows, probably a hopeful indication as to what occurred.

But when you say

It's fairly obvious that you are saying that the meters being removed are a direct result of the protests.

You offered no proof as to your assertion because there is no proof from what you posted.

Furthermore, when you say
    You are saying they are being removed because of the protests, otherwise the crowd would not be so calm

Do you believe these meters were removed because of the protests?

Lol, talk about extending your lies.

If your qoing to quote me then quote me in full.
    It appears the protests maybe working, a Video claims to be
    showing Irish water removing meters after demands from the residents.

In regards to my tissue comment, its a direct joke on people like you who must shudder at the idea that meters are coming out and not going in!

Lol, talk about extending your lies.
    Now you are calling me a liar. I'd love to see you back that up.

I'll ask again - do you believe these meters were removed because of the protests? A simple yes or no will do.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

O, that. Yes, they have the right to protest.

Do they have a right to act like thugs?

jank wrote: »
    Do they have a right to act like thugs?

Are they acting like thugs? Seems to get a bit heated, but its not wigs on the green.

• Advertisement

Kicking workers cars, shouting abuse, foul language, verbally abusing a woman for going to work, making false accusations against workers and Gardai. Yes, in most level minded people that would be thuggish behavior.

Seeing as you have had ample time to condemn this type of stuff I am now of the opinion that you think the above is either no big deal or you agree with it. Then again, if you lie down with dogs you get fleas.

jank wrote: »
    Kicking workers cars, shouting abuse, foul language, verbally abusing a woman for going to work, making false accusations against workers and Gardai. Yes, in most level minded people that would be thuggish behavior.

Seeing as you have had ample time to condemn this type of stuff I am now of the opinion that you think the above is either no big deal or you agree with it. Then again, if you lie down with dogs you get fleas.

Ahh jaysus. Switch to tea now, it'll do ye good.

Well thanks for confirming my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭SweetChaos

Absolute disgusting behaviour show today by these "peaceful protesters" why they were allowed to get so close to the car is beyond me, the guards should have arrested them the fella behind the camera calling the guards pricks and calling Joan Burton names should spend a few nights banged up . People might no agree with the government but she didnt deserve that

• Registered Users Posts: 25,544 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

SweetChaos wrote: »
    Absolute disgusting behaviour show today by these "peaceful protesters" why they were allowed to get so close to the car is beyond me, the guards should have arrested them the fella behind the camera calling the guards pricks and calling Joan Burton names should spend a few nights banged up . People might no agree with the government but she didnt deserve that

Great restraint shown by the guards, personally I would have like to have seen them pepper spray the lot of them. Disgraceful behaviour and using children and pensioners as road blocs shows the levels they will stoop to.

Great to see the Garda now collecting litter from Ministers cars.

I actually think the Gardai were enjoying themselves, very much like zookeepers, Joan being the animal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Fr. Ned

Couldn't be arsed watching tbh but was she being herranged? Why didn't she just use her famous line in that grating, corse voice of hers and shout 'STOP HERRANGING ME!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,544 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I actually think the Gardai were enjoying themselves, very much like zookeepers, Joan being the animal.

The animals are easy to.spot

Tracksuit,

Ill fitting pennies rags,

Replacing the letter T with D

Basically anyone not in the car or uniform.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Davarus Walrus

Protest rarely works when you live in one of the last great social democratic states in the world. The true 5‰

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,375 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Ah come on, I know the protesters don't seem like the nicest sort, but calling them litter is a bit harsh

Advertisement