Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland's "Peaceful Protestors" - Pest Control?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,212 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Nodin wrote: »
    You mean the kind of place where cops beat people half to death and there's running riots in the streets on a fairly regular basis? Wow, we really should go down that road.

No think I think he was actually talking about a normal country where the police don't have such a lenient attitude towards thugs. I can only guess that the reason they aren't arresting more people is because it would only turn them into martyrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,212 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Clutching at straws?

I'm not the one lying. Where did I ever say Irish Water workers were intimidated enough by protesters to actually remove meters?

Stop with the lies

Well you sort of said it here to be fair:
    Getting this thread back on topic,

It appears the protests maybe working, a Video claims to be showing Irish water removing meters after demands from the residents.

Maybe some posters need a tissue to wipe away the tears?:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

SweetChaos wrote: »
    Absolute disgusting behaviour show today by these "peaceful protesters" why they were allowed to get so close to the car is beyond me, the guards should have arrested them the fella behind the camera calling the guards pricks and calling Joan Burton names should spend a few nights banged up . People might no agree with the government but she didnt deserve that

Utter garbage.

The Gardai should have just waded in with batons there. They more than likely all had warrants out for something or other. Tracksuits and a complete inability to speak the English language correctly are not attributes that grown men and women should have if they want to be treated like actual humans.

Suppose they are just annoyed that some of their dole/disability payments will have to spent paying for an essential resource rather than on Dutchy, fags and takeaways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Utter garbage.

The Gardai should have just waded in with batons there. They more than likely all had warrants out for something or other. Tracksuits and a complete inability to speak the English language correctly are not attributes that grown men and women should have if they want to be treated like actual humans.

Suppose they are just annoyed that some of their dole/disability payments will have to spent paying for an essential resource rather than on Dutchy, fags and takeaways.

Oh god micky, give it a rest.
    Yes we are all well aware that anyone who isn't from an acceptable(preferably southside well off)address, in your opinion is scum and on the dole and should be taken out and shot. And dont forget the accents. That must be your greatest bugbear in life.
    You do realise that you have become so predictable in your appearance in these threads, spouting the same old generalisations, that it has made your posts a dangerous mix of comedic and pathetic.

Smidge wrote: »
    Oh god micky, give it a rest.
    Yes we are all well aware that anyone who isn't from an acceptable(preferably southside well off)address, in your opinion is scum and on the dole and should be taken out and shot. And dont forget the accents. That must be your greatest bugbear in life.
    You do realise that you have become so predictable in your appearance in these threads, spouting the same old generalisations, that it has made your posts a dangerous mix of comedic and pathetic.

Yes, i'm the problem here.

Also, who in the **** are you?

These people acted like the entitled rubbish that they are and tried the same thing that they do with everyone, they made a lot of noise, acted the bollix and tried to intimidate someone. And if the Gardai laid a hand on them they'd all spontaneously develop a myriad of medical conditions.

It usually works because society has been conditioned to treat them like special little misunderstood flowers who are so hard pressed that the only way they can express themselves is to act like animals to get what they want because they are "disadvantaged :("

I'm done with people making excuse for these types of "people". If they disappeared tomorrow our financial problems would disappear. Of course they are opposed to water charges, they oppose anything the government does that isn't giving them more money to do nothing.

• Advertisement

Also, who in the **** are you?

These people acted like the entitled rubbish that they are and tried the same thing that they do with everyone, they made a lot of noise, acted the bollix and tried to intimidate someone. And if the Gardai laid a hand on them they'd all spontaneously develop a myriad of medical conditions.

It usually works because society has been conditioned to treat them like special little misunderstood flowers who are so hard pressed that the only way they can express themselves is to act like animals to get what they want because they are "disadvantaged :("

I'm done with people making excuse for these types of "people". If they disappeared tomorrow our financial problems would disappear. Of course they are opposed to water charges, they oppose anything the government does that isn't giving them more money to do nothing.

Not sure why you ask tbh, do you ask that of every single poster who responds to your posts on boards?

Anyway, like I said, another fine example of comedic laced with pathetic.
    I've highlighted the really good parts ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭DarkyHughes

MadYaker wrote: »
    No think I think he was actually talking about a normal country where the police don't have such a lenient attitude towards thugs. I can only guess that the reason they aren't arresting more people is because it would only turn them into martyrs.

So a police force that kills people once they arrest them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Good jaysus, for the first time there's light at the end of your tunnel.
    I'm done with people making excuse for these types of "people".

I'm genuinely sorry to hear that. You've been such an example of restraint and empathy thus far, you set an example to others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭gerard_65

The police force in this country is very restraint and trained to defuse situations. Very few police forces in other European countries would put up with the crap from these so called 'peaceful protesters'. Just as well I'm not a cop as I wouldn't have the patience to take the abuse from these 'peaceful protestors'.

gerard_65 wrote: »
    The police force in this country is very restraint and trained to defuse situations. Very few police forces in other European countries would put up with the crap from these so called 'peaceful protesters'. Just as well I'm not a cop as I wouldn't have the patience to take the abuse from these 'peaceful protestors'.

I know a few Gardai personally and that restraint isn't training.

It's the knowledge that arresting most of these types will lead to nothing because the judiciary in this country treats repeat offenders and people from certain addresses as poor little lambs who have all had ferocious tough lives that will turn around any day now once that have been given their 37th chance after having a nice sit down and cup of tea with a social worker.

The officer is the dickhead for wasting the judges time with Anto and his shenanigans. The judge will actually deal with Anto when he finally stoves someones head in with a brick and then he'll give him maybe 5 years for manslaughter because someone looked at Anto funny when he was growing up in his rough housing estate that his kind ruined in the first place.

He's the victim in all this.

• Advertisement

Good jaysus, for the first time there's light at the end of your tunnel.

I'm genuinely sorry to hear that. You've been such an example of restraint and empathy thus far, you set an example to others.

Some might even say micky has set the bar as a pillar of restraint. I honestly dont know how he has managed to go so long having had to deal with scum who live in Dublin CC who, by rights should really be thrown out on their ears in order to make room for "decent people" who really should be first preference for have homes in the very heart of the capital.
    But even if we did carral these "animals" out to the burbs, it would be sad to say but I still think Dutch gold, tracksuits and gold hoopy earrings would still be available there. And given the close proximity these "people" would now have in their slums, chances are that given the fact that they ALL claim SW and have nothing to do all day long only smoke and watch Jeremy Kyle, well only one sure outcome of that.
    Horse, huskey, throathy accents:eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Some might even say micky has set the bar as a pillar of restraint. I honestly dont know how he has managed to go so long having had to deal with scum who live in Dublin CC who, by rights should really be thrown out on their ears in order to make room for "decent people" who really should be first preference for have homes in the very heart of the capital.
    But even if we did carral these "animals" out to the burbs, it would be sad to say but I still think Dutch gold, tracksuits and gold hoopy earrings would still be available there. And given the close proximity these "people" would now have in their slums, chances are that given the fact that they ALL claim SW and have nothing to do all day long only smoke and watch Jeremy Kyle, well only one sure outcome of that.
    Horse, huskey, throathy accents:eek::eek:

He must come up with a solution. A Final Solution.

He must come up with a solution. A Final Solution.

I'm genuinely curious as to why some people feel so disenfranchised when they appear to present themselves as the "better off class".
    I watched a lot of the videos(on here and elsewhere) and some people were just part of the protests. And were absolutely manhandled, knocked to the ground, amongst a lot of other very dubious actions on the part of AGS. For no other reason than being within their constitutional rights to form part of a peaceful protest.
    That and for having an accent and the wrong postcode.
    And of course, not being part of a protest by the PS.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,587 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Those protesters are lucky they are in Ireland, the cops in some other countries would not have been so patient.

Imagine an adult calling the Tanaiste a 'hag', Jesus how embarrassing is that?

NIMAN wrote: »
    Those protesters are lucky they are in Ireland, the cops in some other countries would not have been so patient.

Imagine an adult calling the Tanaiste a 'hag', Jesus how embarrassing is that?

Why is that embarrassing? Its a persons opinion of her.
    Are people not entitled to express an opinion of a person anymore, regardless of her job. I mean, does her job title make her sacrosanct?
    Do we all have to worship at the alter of St Joan?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,587 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Of course she can be criticised but its like something an 11yr old would shout at her.

We live in a democracy, I am sure she will be voted out of power at the next election if there is this much hatred against the Labour party.

NIMAN wrote: »
    Of course she can be criticised but its like something an 11yr old would shout at her.

We live in a democracy, I am sure she will be voted out of power at the next election if there is this much hatred against the Labour party.

I don't doubt for a minute they will be gone. I'm ashamed to say I voted for them. On their party "principals". We all know how that went ;)
    I'd say hag is one of the tamer things she has been called :D

I'd only love to get my hands on that filthy ape that's doing the beheading.

I'd make his last few days on this earth memorable for his victims families.

Whose beheading who now?? :eek:

Wrong thread, methinks:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

I'd only love to get my hands on that filthy ape that's doing the beheading.

I'd make his last few days on this earth memorable for his victims families.

Water protests took a turn for the worse. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭S.O

Utter garbage.

For people you more then likely never met you assume a lot about them, the guy whose voice is usually heard on these dublin says no videos, I have heard him on different radio show programmes / Niall Boylan show/ and others, people have asked him on the radio if he works, he works shift work so hes not actually on the dole, for the rest of the protesters I never met them so I won,t make assumptions about them.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Great to see the Garda now collecting litter from Ministers cars.

I actually think the Gardai were enjoying themselves, very much like zookeepers, Joan being the animal.

How is she an animal? Please explain that sexist comment.

Great restraint shown by the guards, personally I would have like to have seen them pepper spray the lot of them. Disgraceful behaviour and using children and pensioners as road blocs shows the levels they will stoop to.

I must agree. Most other countries in the world would never ever let so many people surround the car deputy PM of a deputy PM. Shows how inept these protestors are. Gardai baby sitting children. The guy with the camera shouting sexist abuse at her, then in another video wants a guard to arrest an Irish Water worker because he used foul language himself. What an utter twat.

"Oh, pleaseeeee officer... I feel for my safety because of some bad language..."
    Two hours later, the same guy is probably roaring obscenities at some woman.

I wonder what occupation this guy has? Probably on disability of some kind.

I'm genuinely curious as to why some people feel so disenfranchised when they appear to present themselves as the "better off class".
    I watched a lot of the videos(on here and elsewhere) and some people were just part of the protests. And were absolutely manhandled, knocked to the ground, amongst a lot of other very dubious actions on the part of AGS. For no other reason than being within their constitutional rights to form part of a peaceful protest.
    That and for having an accent and the wrong postcode.
    And of course, not being part of a protest by the PS.

You are mistaking the right to protest with the right to riot/thugish behaviour. Nobody has the right to stop someone from working or doing a job that is legal. These protestors are trying to have their cake and eat it. Meanwhile the AGS are in a difficult position because they need to thread softly as any force, even if legitimate will be video taped and remarked on as some sort of descent by the far left as manifestation of 'fascist' Ireland. The soft left media will of course entertain this idea. I am struggling to come up with any country in the world that would be so lenient in this case. Certainly not Australia.

Again, lack of condemnation by the hard left on this is very telling. If this type of behaviour was exhibited by say an anti immigrant group or an anti gay marriage group they would be on the highest horse in Ireland screaming how terrible these and intolerant these people are. (Nodin is a perfect example of this, he is like a fly onto **** for idealogical causes he agrees with yet when this thuggish behaviour is self evident, he refuses to say that its wrong). The left in Ireland are actually much more violent than the right, both historically and now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Funny how some people here assume that everybody protesting is a tracksuit wearing, dole claiming scumbag.

yes, there are some people taking it too far. The protests should be kept peaceful, not full of people shouting obscenities at the men who are simply doing their job.

But, the protesters aren't all scumbags. I know a few who have protested. All have full time jobs.

I'll be protesting (peacefully, not shouting rubbish at the workers), and I'm in full time employment, I'm well educated, I'm well spoken and I'm not a 'far left' enthusiast. I've also never protested before.

Just because we come from certain 'rough' areas, it doesn't mean we have nasty accents and are long term dole claimants. I don't have anything resembling a stereotypical 'northside' accent, and I've been raised in Coolock.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

That's the right way of going about protesting about the water charges in my eyes. Target the people who made the decision to set up a corrupt quango to run the water charges not the people working to install the meters.

So a politician got to experience the real anger that's out there towards the government up close and personal. Not an awful lot wrong with that in my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

while i have no sympathy for any minister or politician who is heckled by these 'protesters', having them intimidate and heckle people who are just doing the job they're employed to do is another matter.

politicians chose to be in the public eye. they chose to make a ba*ls of this country through their own greed and shortsightedness. they i will never have sympathy for.

in a democracy, people should and can protest. but the type of peotesting these people are doing just drags down the image of protesters in most peoples' eyes and discourages genuine people from standing up when needed.

Video here of a protester being arrested then the arresting Gardai gets overruled by a superior.

Wrongful arrest?

jank wrote: »
    How is she an animal? Please explain that sexist comment.

Shocked you haven't found a way to throw the racist card in!

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Jarrod

Did the guy two videos up actually say ''at this particular moment in time?'' Watching too much Apres Match, I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Funny how some people here assume that everybody protesting is a tracksuit wearing, dole claiming scumbag.

yes

Apparently the majority are that or they work for the best companies in the world that allow the same people to take weeks off to protest about iw

Advertisement