Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland's "Peaceful Protestors" - Pest Control?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Shocked you haven't found a way to throw the racist card in!

Explain your comment. How is she an animal?

jank wrote: »
    Explain your comment. How is she an animal?

Why should I explain my comment to you?

Are you the morality police?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

So what did she do on you ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Gatling wrote: »
    Apparently the majority are that or they work for the best companies in the world that allow the same people to take weeks off to protest about iw

Or maybe we don't all work mon-fri, 9-5 jobs?

I certainly don't. I work most weekends, and days off for me are generally mid-week days.

So what did she do on you ??

she harangued me.

• Advertisement

she harangued me.

About what

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Why are you refusing to answer a simple question. You called her a animal. Why? It is you that made the comment, so you now have the chance to clarify what you mean. Otherwise people can make up their own minds regards you.

Why are you refusing to answer a simple question. You called her a animal. Why? It is you that made the comment, so you now have the chance to clarify what you mean. Otherwise people can make up their own minds regards you.

I have no problems explaining my position, my problem are posters such as your self looking to try and score points in a post I make.

Anyway, to help you rest at night ill explain.

In the video you see Garda surround Joans car, but instead of moving the protesters out of the way they seem to stand there and allow the public to look and see the Joan in her car.

My point was,

The Garda seem to be enjoying the protesters shouting and surrounding Joans car, they were doing very little to stop it.

I found it similar to how zoo keepers or Circus acts would behave,

Roll up roll up, take a look at the caged animal.

That is why I said Joan was like the animal, she appeared to be put on display like an animal would be.

If anything I was shocked at why the Gardai hadn't moved the protesters out of the way.

I have no problems explaining my position, my problem are posters such as your self looking to try and score points in a post I make.

Anyway, to help you rest at night ill explain.

Roll up roll up, take a look at the caged animal.

That is why I said Joan was like the animal, she appeared to be put on display like an animal would be.

If anything I was shocked at why the Gardai hadn't moved the protesters out of the way.

That's not what you meant at all is it.

You didn't say she was like a caged animal

You called her an animal .

Who harranged you

That's not what you meant at all is it.

You didn't say she was like a caged animal

You called her an animal .

Who harranged you

And that is why I couldn't be bothered to give you a response earlier, No matter what I said you would still twist my words.

Pathetic.

But guess what

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

How is she an animal? Please explain that sexist comment.

Sexist? :confused:

Not very nice, no, but you're going to have to explain how it's sexist.

And that is why I couldn't be bothered to give you a response earlier, No matter what I said you would still twist my words]

I'm not twisting anything .

You called her an animal you actually did.

I asked what she done on you .

You replied she harranged me

I asked over what .

Then your longwinded explanation came to why you called her an animal

I'm not twisting anything .

You called her an animal you actually did.

I asked what she done on you .

You replied she harranged me

I asked over what .

Then your longwinded explanation came to why you called her an animal

There is a saying that comes to mind when reading or responding to your posts.

Dont feed the .....?

she harangued me.

Your words yes .

If you can't stand by what you say .

I'm no troll

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I dont get the whole "scab" things as depicted in the OPs first video.

If you want to withhold labour by way of an industrial protest, that is your right. But why harass and intimidate you colleagues who clearly cannot afford the unpaid leisure time that you can?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Im actually surprised that Joan didnt even attempt to engage with one of the protesters. I know its tough to answer 10 different people screaming abuse and accusations at her as they surrounded her car, and some of their complaints to be fair had nothing to do with her or her office, but she could have at least rolled down the window and either:

1. Invited the head protester, or the loudest, to a private meeting in her office at a mutually agreeable date in the near future so she could hear their concerns and explain her position in regards to them. Civilized and reasonable. Even if she couldnt provide any support she was at least willing to reach out to the people she claims to represent. Obviously if they cursed her out of it at this suggestion, its on them.

2.Demanded that they step back and address any concerns to her office (I know people will hang me for that and I do accept that some of the protesters have done that with no joy).

But to just sit there with a smirk while reading the paper really does suggest that she just couldnt give a flying fcuk about the problems facing ordinary people in Ireland today, and here is where I agree with the protestors: Labour, FG etc, they really do just promise the world to get your vote, then turn their back on you and ramp up taxes and charges etc. Its an endless circle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Fr. Ned

NIMAN wrote: »
    Those protesters are lucky they are in Ireland, the cops in some other countries would not have been so patient.

Imagine an adult calling the Tanaiste a 'hag', Jesus how embarrassing is that?

But sure burton is a classic example of a 'hag'.
    The face like a butchers dog and that grating, squealing voice that could be used to torture people.
    Classic hag.

Im actually surprised that Joan didnt even attempt to engage with one of the protesters. I know its tough to answer 10 different people screaming abuse and accusations at her as they surrounded her car, and some of their complaints to be fair had nothing to do with her or her office, but she could have at least rolled down the window and either:

1. Invited the head protester, or the loudest, to a private meeting in her office at a mutually agreeable date in the near future so she could hear their concerns and explain her position in regards to them. Civilized and reasonable. Even if she couldnt provide any support she was at least willing to reach out to the people she claims to represent. Obviously if they cursed her out of it at this suggestion, its on them.

2.Demanded that they step back and address any concerns to her office (I know people will hang me for that and I do accept that some of the protesters have done that with no joy).

But to just sit there with a smirk while reading the paper really does suggest that she just couldnt give a flying fcuk about the problems facing ordinary people in Ireland today, and here is where I agree with the protestors: Labour, FG etc, they really do just promise the world to get your vote, then turn their back on you and ramp up taxes and charges etc. Its an endless circle.
    The people in that video had absolutely no interest whatsoever in engaing in a civilized and reasonable discussion with joan burton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

The people in that video had absolutely no interest whatsoever in engaing in a civilized and reasonable discussion with joan burton.

Didn't look like Joan did either tbf.

Didn't look like Joan did either tbf.
    Yeah she should have offered them all a lift up to leinster house for tea

• Advertisement

Can I ask how you know that?

Can I ask how you know that?

I'm basing my assumption on the way in which they acted in the video

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Yeah she should have offered them all a lift up to leinster house for tea

She should have looked a little less smug.

At this stage, and I don't necessarily blame her, Joan knows the gig is up, (don't forget Labour opposed water charges) so Joan has nothing on her mind but retirement at this stage I'd imagine.

But spare me the faux outrage at some people expressing anger at her from the road while she was insulated, nestling in the arms of her leather interior Audi, payed for by the very people the Govt have taxed to the hilt.

If she can't stand the heat she should get out of the kitchen tbh.

No outrage, faux or otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

The "Dublin Say NO" Youtube channel seems to have taken down the video of the protestors kicking the white van which led to a woman claiming she got run over (that video also showed her getting back up).. they kept the video of her rolling on the ground though and them calling an ambulance..

wprathead wrote: »
    The "Dublin Say NO" Youtube channel seems to have taken down the video of the protestors kicking the white van which led to a woman claiming she got run over (that video also showed her getting back up).. they kept the video of her rolling on the ground though and them calling an ambulance..

Lol typical idiots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭SweetChaos

These people surrounded her a few weeks ago in the same fashion at a school in the same area the "peaceful protesters" were screaming and shouting while the children were at school them in the yard and the principle had to come out and ask them to leave

They are scum and have found out that if they carry a placard they can get away with almost anything and get a lot of likes on facebook and hits on youtube

Lol typical idiots

You only have to brush of them and they fall to the ground with such injuries that needs an ambulance and a nice compo claim

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

SweetChaos wrote: »
    You only have to brush of them and they fall to the ground with such injuries that needs an ambulance and a nice compo claim

These are the type of people who go down like a tonne of bricks if a cop so much as stands near them.

"Yoo're hurr-hinn meeeeeeeee!"

• Advertisement

These are the type of people who go down like a tonne of bricks if a cop so much as stands near them.

"Yoo're hurr-hinn meeeeeeeee!"

excatly mickey they more they try and make they guards look bad the worse they look

Her son probably was out of order but of course he is the victim and this mouth used all the cameras on her to make her point and abuse the guards as she saw fit

Advertisement