Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland's "Peaceful Protestors" - Pest Control?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭SweetChaos

http://s29.postimg.org/eyft8ornb/10518697_980185205341320_3538329777909011464_n.jpg

Above link was posted by Dublin Says no page and they say they dont edit anything
    Dougal: I'm no good at judging the size of crowds Ted, but I'd say there's about seventeen million of them out there.
    Haha indeed while the great soon to be great unwashed were in the city center they were installing meters left right and center today so jokes on you

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Beaner1

omega man wrote: »
    100k? Was there seriously that many?

I just dont get all this disgust over a water charge. Why arent these same people up in arms over other taxation such as the usc etc?

I don't know about the rest of you but that's where all of my bloody money is going along with income tax and prsi, not on a fecking water bill ffs. Sorry if I'm missing something here....

Because usc is an income tax. These people are protesting because it's the first but if austerity they've actually been dealt thus whole recession.

What's the point in protesting when nearly all the meters are installed, Irish Water has been set up and huge money has already been pumped into it? Seems like a stupid waste of time that is about 3 years to late.

They piggy backed on another protest and claim the numbers were all for the water kinda sad really

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭omega man

What's the point in protesting when nearly all the meters are installed, Irish Water has been set up and huge money has already been pumped into it? Seems like a stupid waste of time that is about 3 years to late.

Reluctantly I have to agree with this. Is there other motives behind many of the persons/groups behind these protests I wonder?

The vast majority of people I know are more concerned with working harder to keep their jobs, paying their mortgages/rent, the cost of health insurance, child care etc etc, not water charges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

What's the point in protesting when nearly all the meters are installed , Irish Water has been set up and huge money has already been pumped into it? Seems like a stupid waste of time that is about 3 years to late.

Some folk are just so uniformed it's laughable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

I'm coming to this thread late so I have no idea about the direction it's taken up until this point. I think we should have been paying for water for years. Its a valuable resource that due to lack of funding is being wasted due to awful infrastructure. If Irish water eventually deliver a good, clean, and efficient water supply then surely it's money worth spending.

Some folk are just so uniformed it's laughable.

Well show us the numbers back up your claim

SweetChaos wrote: »
    http://s29.postimg.org/eyft8ornb/10518697_980185205341320_3538329777909011464_n.jpg

Above link was posted by Dublin Says no page and they say they dont edit anything

Think you need a sarcasm battery recharge.
    Haha indeed while the great soon to be great unwashed were in the city center they were installing meters left right and center today so jokes on you

On a Saturday :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

Is there other motives behind many of the persons/groups behind these protests I wonder?

Hmmmmm.

Would any of these groups be political parties trying to shore up votes before the next GE I wonder?

Think you need a carcass battery recharge.

On a Saturday :confused:

carcass battery recharge ? I dont know what that even means

Yes on a saturday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭coolemon

Andy-Pandy wrote: »
    I'm coming to this thread late so I have no idea about the direction it's taken up until this point. I think we should have been paying for water for years. Its a valuable resource that due to lack of funding is being wasted due to awful infrastructure. If Irish water eventually deliver a good, clean, and efficient water supply then surely it's money worth spending.

It is already paid for. That is the point.

Well show us the numbers back up your claim

You are obviously 'out of the loop' :confused:

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/two-thirds-of-homes-have-yet-to-get-a-water-meter-1.1947192

carcass battery recharge ? I dont know what that even means

Yes on a saturday

Posted on a phone. (yep, predictive text)

Yeah, on a Saturday....

Do GMC Sierra work Saturdays? Not to my knowledge.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

coolemon wrote: »

We're not paying enough for it which is why it's leaking all over the shop and full of cryptosporidium in certain areas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

Course it has been.

That's why we have such a large budget surplus.

Ah indeed they still have 9 months in which to install them would have been sooner and cheaper if it was not for crusties and bored housewives costing the state thousands in delayed works gardai and fake ambulance and fire brigade call outs

• Registered Users Posts: 11,584 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

If it was being sufficiently funded, would the infrastructure require the massive upgrades that are needed. Yes it was being paid for , but to nowhere near the levels necessary.

Ah indeed they still have 9 months in which to install them would have been sooner and cheaper if it was not for crusties and bored housewives costing the state thousands in delayed works gardai and fake ambulance and fire brigade call outs

So.. Long story short, you didn't have a scaldy baldy notion as to how many meters have been installed:confused:

(why am I not surprised)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Andy-Pandy wrote: »
    "if" being the most important word. as its ireland, no doubt it won't happen and the lot will be about giving a job to government cronies as per usual, wait it all ready is

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

So Dublin corporation wasnt installing meters today?
    They were :confused:

Have you figures and numbers to back your claims (your rules btw)

• Advertisement

If it was being sufficiently funded, would the infrastructure require the massive upgrades that are needed. Yes it was being paid for , but to nowhere near the levels necessary.

Then they should divert funding from elsewhere rather than commodify a human right.

They can start with trimming and selling the weaponry of the defence forces. Hundreds of millions spent on Piranha armoured cars alone.

Then they should divert funding from elsewhere rather than commodify a human right.

They can start with trimming and selling the weaponry of the defence forces. Hundreds of millions spent on Piranha armoured cars alone.

Nah, let's shave €20 a week off the dole and state pension for a couple of years instead.

It's all just diverting funds and that won't infringe on anyones human rights.

We're not paying enough for it which is why it's leaking all over the shop and full of cryptosporidium in certain areas.
    no, thats due to incompetents. no matter how much we pay that would have happen

no, thats due to incompetents. no matter how much we pay that would have happen

Can I borrow your machine that let's you observe alternate timelines?

They were :confused:

Have you figures and numbers to back your claims (your rules btw)

Nope just what was was put up on the page looking to get thugs oh I mean locals to harass any workers that now come into any estate.. hysterical

Ye are just closing the door after the horse has bolted to late :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Lol sell the army 2 chances of that ever happening ,
    We could cut all over seas aid .
    And we haven't spent 100's of millions on mowags

and it would have been for free if siemens offer to do it for free had been taken up instead of giving the contract to dennis. fair play to them. hope they make it as difficult and as costly as possible so the pro gambling debt tax supporters can enjoy paying more

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭generalmental

Interesting points. As you mentioned social welfare recipients, is it not the case that many such people are protesting now because their pockets are actually being hit whereas many other tax payers are being hit much harder by a more unfair usc as I said previously and therefore aren't compelled to protest over water rates?

As I see it people being destroyed by USC should be out protesting as loud as the rest of the country.
    The only reason they are paying USC is because of a failed entity called Anglo Irish bank plus all the others. But our wonderful government can write of 100 million worth of debts so an already rich person can buy a private water company to then charge the majority of people in Ireland to get some water, maybe it`s just me but something stinks to high hell about that.

Nope just what was was put up on the page looking to get thugs oh I mean locals to harass any workers that now come into any estate.. hysterical

Ye are just closing the door after the horse has bolted to late :)

Lol. Talkin from hoop so..

• Advertisement

Gatling wrote: »
    Lol sell the army 2 chances of that ever happening ,
    We cut all over seas aid .
    And we haven't spent 100's of millions on mowags

What was the price per unit for a mowag?

There are about 100 of them.

Advertisement