Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland's "Peaceful Protestors" - Pest Control?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Fukuyama

micosoft wrote: »
    Pretty awful article actually. I left a response but of course, he/she has to approve my freedom of speech :rolleyes:. In any case I'll stick it here:

I lost you when you compared the undemocratic system of Hong Kong where the chief executive must be cleared by the Government in Beijing versus the democratically elected Government in Ireland. Your entire thesis falls apart at that hurdle. The protesters in Hong Kong are protesting BECAUSE they do not have this avenue. That is the point of their protest. Aside from the obvious lessens in civility totally lost on our "protesters".

In any case, there are limits to everything in this life. Free speech does not mean you can shout "fire" in a crowded theatre. Similarly the right to protest does not give you the right to impede on the freedom to do your lawful work or your freedom to receive a service. Put it another way, would you be happy with protesters outside an abortion clinic jostling women as they went in?

Anyone who takes that blog seriously needs their head examined.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

One of the main bugbears of IW is the 'paying twice' argument.

Had the gov just issued a tax credit covering this from day1 it would have smoothed things over for them no end.

€100 will be helpful.
    Leaving €178 for the year.

Now if they would just abolish the TV lisence we'd be doing great.

No chance a working family will end up paying 178 or anything like it. Triple that at the least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

Are Ireland's hero's back out this morning bullying, intimidating and preventing taxpayers from going about their work day or are they all taking a day off? They must be wrecked after all the exercise they got on Saturday.

I'm off work Thursday will be going out then. Care to join the effort?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Fukuyama

You are aware that these protests haven't stopped any water meters going in, right?

As far as I can tell, water meter installation is disrupted for a few hours. Then IW come back a few days later and put them in no bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

No chance a working family will end up paying 178 or anything like it. Triple that at the least.

Depends on the size of the family.

http://www.water.ie/customer-applications/charges/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Lucy and Harry

Looks like the protesters won as some people will be getting 100 euro off their water bill. http://www.sundayworld.com/top-stories/news/water-relief-for-low-income-families

I own 3 large dogs and they drink loads of water wonder could I claim for them.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Looks like the protesters won as some people will be getting 100 euro off their water bill. http://www.sundayworld.com/top-stories/news/water-relief-for-low-income-families

I own 3 large dogs and they drink loads of water wonder could I claim for them.:p

Ask your local CWO

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

The tax relief and expanding of the welfare IW exceptions were decided on before the protest actually happened they just got leaked this morning in preparation for tomorrow, although of course the protestor's will tout this as some kind of victory even though it was likely decided weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Lucy and Harry

It would have been better if they just taxed people a little more somewhere else and no one would have paid as much attention instead of spending cash to put in meters in as they are charging a flat rate and not interested in conserving water.Even if you use less water they will have to meet their target and charge you extra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 826 ✭✭✭geeksauce

It would have been better if they just taxed people a little more somewhere else and no one would have paid as much attention instead of spending cash to put in meters in as they are charging a flat rate and not interested in conserving water.Even if you use less water they ill have to meet their target and charge you extra.

That would be a good idea if everyone paid taxes though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,049 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Dean0088 wrote: »
    You are aware that these protests haven't stopped any water meters going in, right?

As far as I can tell, water meter installation is disrupted for a few hours. Then IW come back a few days later and put them in no bother.
    that happened in a couple of places, the meeters were removed or disabled

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,516 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

No thanks i will be working and have no issue with the water meters being installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,300 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

that would be vandalism
    No thanks i will be working and have no issue with the water meters being installed.

so who paid for the installation?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,516 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

that would be vandalism

so who paid for the installation?

Well i haven't seen the invoice yet so i can't really give you a name on that can i?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

That's illegal. So much for peaceful protesters.

What's wrong with meters anyway? It's better than being issued with a block charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Fr. Ned

Fair play to Paul Murphy the newly elected TD.
    On the radio at lunchtime he said the he or members of the AAA will go to houses where the super quango has restricted supply and reverse the procedure.
    I'm beginning to like this guy.
    The water tax/charge is the straw that will break the camel's back, concessions already from the blueshirts extending the €100 allowance to everyone on the dole and tax rebates for those working.
    It's a total f*ck up and the junta know that now. This is before one single bill has dropped through the letterbox.
    It's no wonder that an 'unnamed government TD' was in the paper yesterday saying that this budget will be full of sweeteners as he 'doesn't see this government getting to the next budget day'.
    A joke and a scam that people have had enough of.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Beaner1

Fr. Ned wrote: »
    Fair play to Paul Murphy the newly elected TD.
    On the radio at lunchtime he said the he or members of the AAA will go to houses where the super quango has restricted supply and reverse the procedure.
    I'm beginning to like this guy.
    The water tax/charge is the straw that will break the camel's back, concessions already from the blueshirts extending the €100 allowance to everyone on the dole and tax rebates for those working.
    It's a total f*ck up and the junta know that now. This is before one single bill has dropped through the letterbox.
    It's no wonder that an 'unnamed government TD' was in the paper yesterday saying that this budget will be full of sweeteners as he 'doesn't see this government getting to the next budget day'.
    A joke and a scam that people have had enough of.
    The junta? Do you have a any idea how stupid you sound with that remark? It's up there with Herr Kenny.

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    That's illegal. So much for peaceful protesters.

Good luck to the super quango finding any proof or prosecuting anyone.

The water tax/charge is the straw that will break the camel's back,

Perhaps, though compared to your idea of an €17 billion cut in expenditure, IW is much more appealing.

I'm sure those who post there look at me I'm a rebel video on YouTube will be easy enough to punish if the authories choose to

• Advertisement

Beaner1 wrote: »
    The junta? Do you have a any idea how stupid you sound with that remark? It's up there with Herr Kenny.

Do you know what a junta is?

jun·ta (hnt, jn-)
    n.

1. A council or small legislative body in a government.

Ok you can call it the gang of 4 or maybe the 'Economic Management Council' as FG call it.

BTW, talking of stupid, how's the FB page going? What was it again? Workers for Water Charges or some tosh like that??

Perhaps, though compared to your idea of an €17 billion cut in expenditure, IW is much more appealing.

Well, it was €9 billion cut I suggested, but don't let a few truths get in the way of a good lie.

Gatling wrote: »
    I'm sure those who post there look at me I'm a rebel video on YouTube will be easy enough to punish if the authories choose to
    ?

Well, it was €9 billion cut, but don't let a few truths get in the way of a good lie.

But Father..... You said your deficit cutting plan was a 30% in public expenditure & public pay

That was €54bn last year.
    Ipso-facto..... No one is going to buy that level of cuts.

?

Autocorrect.

Just as bad as grammar nazism

But Father..... You said your deficit cutting plan was a 30% in public expenditure & public pay

Another lie.
    What is it with you lads and telling lies?
    Lies that can be disproven by me just reposting my posts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Beaner1

Do you know what a junta is?

jun·ta (hnt, jn-)
    n.

1. A council or small legislative body in a government.

Ok you can call it the gang of 4 or maybe the 'Economic Management Council' as FG call it.

BTW, talking of stupid, how's the FB page going? What was it again? Workers for Water Charges or some tosh like that??

Try again.
    ˈdʒʌntə,ˈhʊ-/Submit
    noun
    a military or political group that rules a country after taking power by force.

No idea how the page is doing, I've been too busy making money. Got paid today. €6900 in the account was nice to wake up to.

Another lie.
    What is it with you lads and telling lies?.

Did they teach humility at the seminary?
    I'd prefer a cut in PS salary's of 30% and a corresponding 30% cut in welfare.

The people aren't buying that level of mega-thatcherism.
    The cost to the economy is too great.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

IW neither looks for evidence or persecutes people.

It will however issue summons to those who don't pay their bills.

• Advertisement

Did they teach humility at the seminary?

The people aren't buying that level of mega-thatcherism.
    The cost to the economy is too great.

So, not 30% of €54 billion as you stated earlier then.

Advertisement