Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland's "Peaceful Protestors" - Pest Control?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Fr. Ned

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    IW neither looks for evidence or persecutes people.

It will however issue summons to those who don't pay their bills.

Hmmm.

Can't wait for mine to come, it'll be just after my lotto numbers come up too....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Fr. Ned wrote: »
    Hmmm.

Can't wait for mine to come, it'll be just after my lotto numbers come up too....

If you don't pay your bill you will be issued a summons.

I imagine like most rebels your courage will be sapped when you're standing in front of a judge.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

So, not 30% of €54 billion as you stated earlier then.

It appears not.

You just want a €12bn cut instead, which considering the hit public servants have already taken seems a tad over zealous.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

It appears not.

You just want a €12bn cut instead, which considering the hit public servants have already taken seems a tad over zealous.
    Ned's 'zealous' knob goes all the way to 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

wprathead wrote: »
    On their FB page they have the following:

That sounds good, but then they upload this kind of drivel:

cringe worthy stuff altogether

The voice of the nation there :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 826 ✭✭✭geeksauce

wprathead wrote: »
    On their FB page they have the following:

That sounds good, but then they upload this kind of drivel:

cringe worthy stuff altogether

Cringe worthy is right, good god that was awful. Who would pay any attention to this lot, the fooking state of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,300 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Cormac... wrote: »
    The voice of the nation there :pac:

That has to be a spoof!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

That has to be a spoof!

It probably isn't.

That's pretty much the level of discourse i've seen from the anti-side since the beginning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

So just heard that a bunch of protestors protecting us or-din-ary wurkers have blocked a bus continuing on its route, presumably a bus full of ordinary wurkers and school kids coming home from work and school.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,516 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

ThisRegard wrote: »
    So just heard that a bunch of protestors protecting us or-din-ary wurkers have blocked a bus continuing on its route, presumably a bus full of ordinary wurkers and school kids coming home from work and school.

There might be IW workers on that bus trying to sneak past the barricades :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,300 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Well i haven't seen the invoice yet so i can't really give you a name on that can i?

So, correct me if I am wrong (possible) - but wasn't one of the bone of contentions that the occupants had to pay for installation?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

If you don't pay your bill you will be issued a summons.

I imagine like most rebels your courage will be sapped when you're standing in front of a judge.

LOL, a summons?
    And a judgement?
    Against who? Me? Or the person who doesn't legally exist who they sent it to?
    Been down that road before, it's like water off a ducks back to me.

It appears not.

Actually it's €12 billion including cuts to the the welfare budget.
    We're getting there, a far cry from '€17 billion from public servants' I would have thought.

LOL, a summons?
    And a judgement?
    Ha good luck, I'll be paying my bills though, like a normal person.

LOL, a summons?
    And a judgement?

How does one not "legally exist"?

Or are you the guy who thinks it's ok to work in a country for cash only and not pay any taxes?

Says the government shouldn't charge for use of the infrastructure, refuses to pay towards ANY of the countries infrastructure, and then has the gall to make racist remarks about foreigners in the other thread, oh the irony :rolleyes:

How does one not "legally exist"?

Or are you the guy who thinks it's ok to work in a country for cash only and not pay any taxes?
    Nah he's the keyboard warrior who'll **** himself when the summons comes through his door.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Beaner1

LOL, a summons?
    And a judgement?

FREEMAN ALERT

Ha good luck, I'll be paying my bills though, like a normal person.

That's your prerogative.
    You see, you people are on here telling everyone that they should pay up for the latest super quango and how everyone who protests against it is a scumbag etc etc and should be 'beaten and pepper sprayed off the street' as one of your lot put it.
    We're on here stating that we won't be paying for it. Simple.

Nah he's the keyboard warrior who'll **** himself when the summons comes through his door.

Always with the personal attacks eh....

Beaner1 wrote: »
    FREEMAN ALERT

Listen beano me auld flower, the BS you pulled here yesterday with the BS facebook page blew any credibility you may have had out of the water.
    Even the guy who started this thread wanted nothing to do with your BS.
    Have you named and shamed anyone yet on 'Workers for Water Charges'?
    Have you fleshed out the page a bit, maybe explaining why workers should support water charges etc etc?
    Or does it still just have a picture of a copper falling on his arse?

Edit: Still just the one like on that page and a picture of some furniture on the side of a road somewhere. Enthralling stuff.

• Advertisement

Listen beano me auld flower, the BS you pulled here yesterday with the BS facebook page blew any credibility you may have had out of the water.
    Even the guy who started this thread wanted nothing to do with your BS.
    Have you named and shamed anyone yet on 'Workers for Water Charges'?
    Have you fleshed out the page a bit, maybe explaining why workers should support water charges etc etc?
    Or does it still just have a picture of a copper falling on his arse?

Ah, Nedser. Take a chill pill. Or how about a decade of the rosery? Maybe The Transfiguration? Offer it up for all those Souls who have lost their way.

Ah, Nedser. Take a chill pill. Or how about a decade of the rosery? Maybe The Transfiguration? Offer it up for all those Souls who have lost their way.

You actually think I'm a priest?:rolleyes::o
    Have a look at beano's FB page, it'll give you a laugh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Beaner1

You actually think I'm a priest?:rolleyes::o
    Have a look at beano's FB page, it'll give you a laugh.

You've mentioned my page well over ten times now. Let it go.

Beaner1 wrote: »
    You've mentioned my page well over ten times now. Let it go.

Na.
    What was it you said on the 'about' section?

"Our progressive taxes are galling enough for any PAYE worker when we see the money ending up in the hands of the welfare class."

This just shows the attitude and contempt you have for your fellow citizens. One day my friend, you may not be part of the PAYE class and be part of the 'welfare class' you so despise.
    Remember that.
    There's an old saying 'Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down'.

That's your prerogative.
    You see, you people are on here telling everyone that they should pay up for the latest super quango and how everyone who protests against it is a scumbag etc etc and should be 'beaten and pepper sprayed off the street' as one of your lot put it.
    We're on here stating that we won't be paying for it. Simple.

You will pay. You may think you won't at the moment but you will pay like everyone else.

You will pay. You may think you won't at the moment but you will pay like everyone else.

Yea, if you say so.
    I absolutely know 100% that I won't.
    There's several reasons for this, all have been put up here by me already.
    Now, if you want to get into a 'you will pay'/'I won't pay' game of verbal tennis, you'll be playing with yourself, ok.

Ned rents, only works for cash, doesn't pay taxes but has a problem with the way the gov spends tax money :rolleyes:

Yea, if you say so.
    I absolutely know 100% that I won't.
    There's several reasons for this, all have been put up here by me already.
    Now, if you want to get into a 'you will pay'/'I won't pay' game of verbal tennis, you'll be playing with yourself, ok.

I have no intention of playing any kind of tennis, verbal or otherwise I just know a lot of "hard men" who have said they're not going to pay their bills then go weak at the knees when the court summons goes through the door. They soon change their tune then.

It's easy to be tough on the internet. Not so easy in front of a judge. Eventually everyone will pay. Just like the housing charges.

[QUOTE=Iwasfrozen;92596496
    It's easy to be tough on the internet. Not so easy in front of a judge. Eventually everyone will pay. Just like the housing charges.[/QUOTE]

There's a lot of 'tough' lads on the auld internet saying that ok.

'Housing charges'? Yea, I paid that ok on all my properties.
    This one is different though, being chased through the courts for a couple of hundred quid will be a doddle for most people, no revenue boot boys to back them up you see, and there won't be as the quango is a semi-state commercial company and revenue cannot get involved in disputes between commercial companies and people they believe owe them money.
    No political party will ever force revenue to go down that route as it would vaporise their support base instantly.

Next.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

There's a lot of 'tough' lads on the auld internet saying that ok.

'Housing charges'? Yea, I paid that ok on all my properties.
    This one is different though, being chased through the courts for a couple of hundred quid will be a doddle for most people, no revenue boot boys to back them up you see, and there won't be as the quango is a semi-state commercial company and revenue cannot get involved in disputes between commercial companies and people they believe owe them money.
    No political party will ever force revenue to go down that route as it would vaporise their support base instantly.

Next.

You are in for some shock.

You'll end up paying for your water and you'll probably end up paying IWs legal fees as well.

The horse has bolted and your kind have already lost because they weren't paying attention a few years ago when all of this was put in motion. Too busy protesting about the cause de jour at the time.

Advertisement