Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland's "Peaceful Protestors" - Pest Control?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Fr. Ned

You are in for some shock.

You'll end up paying for your water and you'll probably end up paying IWs legal fees as well.

The horse has bolted and your kind have already lost because they weren't paying attention a few years ago when all of this was put in motion. Too busy protesting about the cause de jour at the time.

LOL, you, like the government, seriously underestimate the anger there is about this super quango charging people for water.
    This isn't a tax like the one on people who provide their own housing, it's a tax/charge on a basic human right.
    BTW, what is 'my kind'? You guys sure do love your generalisations.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Fr. Ned wrote: »
    LOL, you, like the government, seriously underestimate the anger there is about this super quango charging people for water.
    BTW, what is 'my kind'?

Oooooh, you're angry.

So what?

Will you or 100,000 people being angry close the budget deficit?

Continue being selfish and expecting anyone but you to pay your share to fix things. I'm sure that will work out fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

BTW, what is 'my kind'?
    Disgruntled cranks.

Oooooh, you're angry.

So what?

Will you or 100,000 people being angry close the budget deficit?

Continue being selfish and expecting anyone but you to pay your share to fix things. I'm sure that will work out fine.

Seriously, if things were that bad and the deficit was such a problem, do you think the government would be throwing goodies around like they're reportedly going to do tomorrow?

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    Disgruntled cranks.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D: Classic.

• Advertisement

"I love that scobies with no jobs find it odd that someone might have a phone provided to them from their employer.

Guess the dole office doesn't provide mobiles so that might be where the confusion arises.

JOAN RHYMES WITH PHONE AND SHE HAS ONE, HERP DERP I AM A GENIUS!!!!!!!11111111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

You see, this is where the ones in favour of water charges really let themselves down.
    And then, they have the utter cheek to call the rest of us 'cranks'.
    I'll let you guess who posted that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Seriously, if things were that bad and the deficit was such a problem, do you think the government would be throwing goodies around like they're reportedly going to do tomorrow?

"Goodies"?

They are merely shifting things around a bit. People on average wage or slightly about will be lucky to come out with a tenner more a week.

"De vulnerable" will do ok as usual because apparently they don't belong to society for anything other than what they can get from it. And yet most average people will love this because they are fools who don't realise that these "goodies" don't apply to them because they aren't "disadvantaged" despite what they think.

Those "Goodies" will have been well costed in the past weeks/months. This Government aren't going to lse the run of themselves after all the good hard work they've done.
    Noe, for your penance, say one Our Father and three Hail Marys and pray for absolution.

Those "Goodies" will have been well costed in the past weeks/months. This Government aren't going to lse the run of themselves after all the good hard work they've done.

You're serious, aren't you?
    Do you think FG learned nothing from sitting in opposition for 14 years straight?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

Kippure wrote: »
    And it comes from Labour FF FG SF, etc none of which represent the Irish people.

So the people elected to represent the Irish people (the vast, vast majority of whom come from the aforementioned parties)... don't actually represent the Irish people, who elected them to represent them? :confused:

Who does then? That pack of unelected thugs in the videos going from estate to estate wasting garda time, intimidating locals and abusing workers? Fcuk that

• Advertisement

You're serious, aren't you?
    Do you think FG learned nothing from sitting in opposition for 14 years straight?

Yep. They learned a hard lesson and we have reaped the rewards of that lesson. We are on the way back to god times thanks to them. God Bless them.
    Oops, Freudian slip - should be good times.

Yep. They learned a hard lesson and we have reaped the rewards of that lesson. We are on the way back to god times thanks to them. God Bless them.

You ok there?
    I know you country folk are mad into your religion and all that, but you're bringing it into a thread about water charges and protesters.
    I'm sure there's threads on religion somewhere on boards.ie.;)

You ok there?
    I know you country folk are mad into your religion and all that, but you're bringing it into a thread about water charges and protesters.
    I'm sure there's threads on religion somewhere on boards.ie.;)

I'm on my knees as I type, praying you see the light.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

Do you consider the "celtic tiger" years good times?

I'm on my knees as I type, praying you see the light.

Fair play.
    I'm a lost cause though......:p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Do you consider the "celtic tiger" years good times?

A very pertinent question,given the progress of this thread....;)

(Reckon it's gone way over the heads though )

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Sergeant making a fool of a clueless "protestor".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSn-9zzMxIU

• Registered Users Posts: 25,507 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Brilliant,

Feckin eejit behind the camera was shown up for the uneducated fool that he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Brilliant,

Fair play to that guard. Utmost professionalism with a gang who are there to provoke and record the reaction.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Beaner1

Brilliant,

He's so dumb and ignorant that he thought the video showed him in a positive light.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 826 ✭✭✭geeksauce

Fair play to the Garda keeping his cool with a bunch of clowns like that, can't understand why your man posted this on Youtube after the Garda made him look like a right fcuking idiot, (granted by the sounds of him and his carry on I don't think it would be too hard to make him look like an idiot)

geeksauce wrote: »
    Fair play to the Garda keeping his cool with a bunch of clowns like that, can't understand why your man posted this on Youtube after the Garda made him look like a right fcuking idiot, (granted by the sounds of him and his carry on I don't think it would be too hard to make him look like an idiot)

Reading the comments, Jesus there are some right gullible thick ****ers following them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

Reading the comments, Jesus there are some right gullible thick ****ers following them.

If they had brains they'd be dangerous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 826 ✭✭✭geeksauce

I had a read of some of them too, can't believe some stuff people put up don't know why I am amazed by the sheer stupidity of some people out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,283 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Beaner1 wrote: »
    You've mentioned my page well over ten times now. Let it go.

Just to clarify, I'm not really a princess.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Well colour me SHOCKED! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

We seem to be in agreement, then? I was arguing against foggy, who said that the march was mostly toruble-making career protesters.

Whatever about previous incidents which I'm not denying - in fact I agree with most people here that they should be prosecuted.

If you can't protest against a tax peacefully, then don't protest at all.

I agree and my earlier posts related more to the small individual estate protests where the same faces showed up despite them not living in the estate or even the area. These are the organised thugs and most likely career criminals judging from the way some of them treat the Gardai. They appear to be well known to the police. The march was very peaceful and not hijacked by any militant or leftie element thankfully.

Just the usual suspects on this thread now slagging off the protesters.
    The ones who can afford another bill attacking poorly educated people who know no other way of protest.
    That's quite sad but par for the course on this and other threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,283 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Just the usual suspects on this thread now slagging off the protesters.
    The ones who can afford another bill attacking poorly educated people who know no other way of protest.
    That's quite sad but par for the course on this and other threads.

First they came with the water-meters, but i did not stand up...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement

Well slap me with a wet chamois!

Advertisement