Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland's "Peaceful Protestors" - Pest Control?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,507 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Fr. Ned wrote: »
    Just the usual suspects on this thread now slagging off the protesters.
    The ones who can afford another bill attacking poorly educated people who know no other way of protest.
    That's quite sad but par for the course on this and other threads.

Oh lol :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Fr. Ned

Driving through Balbriggan just now and I see protesters out in the Westbrook estate.
    A private estate, ordinary people who've taken enough and not fooled by yesterday's smoke and mirrors. Not a tracksuit among them.
    It's spreading all around the country now and every car going by there was beeping in support.
    Cue the usual derogatory comments from people who really should know better, but there's an obvious reason, the reason that can't be mentioned on boards.ie......

Driving through Balbriggan just now and I see protesters out in the Westbrook estate.
    A private estate, ordinary people who've taken enough. Not a tracksuit among them.
    It's spreading all around the country now and every car going by there was beeping in support.
    Cue the usual derogatory comments from people who really should know better.

Texting while driving, Is there no end to the laws that the no side will break?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,027 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Seig Heil? Couldn't believe I was hearing that couple even doing the march and salute too, what a bunch of brain dead morons.

A peaceful protest if the Garda asked you to move, you do that, then they won't have to physically move you and you don't end up screaming into their faces.
    Certain elements of society just like to clash with the Garda that is all I see here. Same people at all these videos above.

Shame on them, this isn't the way to do it. I will be out in Cork next weekend but I don't want to see any of that ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

A private estate, ordinary people who've taken enough and not fooled by yesterday's smoke and mirrors. Not a tracksuit among them.
    Cue the usual derogatory comments from people who really should know better, but there's an obvious reason, the reason that can't be mentioned on boards.ie......

Go Balbriggan :rolleyes:...However there is one perhaps trifling little point worth making....prior to the realization that everybody could emulate Andy Warhol,the IW contractors already had installed meters all round the country with little interest,let alone protest,from anybody.

I'm also a little fazed by this remark....
    Originally Posted by Fr. Ned
    Just the usual suspects on this thread now slagging off the protesters.
    The ones who can afford another bill attacking poorly educated people who know no other way of protest.

I hope Fr,that the many experts on Health & Safety,Law,Policing,Public Administration,Social Activism and much else who feature throughout U-Tube will not take offence at being labeled "poorly educated".

There is NO excuse for anybody in modern Ireland to be labelled poorly educated,other than if they deliberately avoided the many strands of mainstream high-quality tuition available to them.

I'm afraid that label does no favours to whatever case it is being used to bolster ! :(

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Badger2009

I have just seen this video on Facebook and am completely shocked.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10203151698210186

Where do these thugs get off blocking lads trying to do an honest days work and then they have the cheek to berate them for trying to walk around them.

All this in front of what appears to be a pretty useless gang of guards.

I'm sickened by this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Beaner1

Great, some new names for my hitlist.

Beaner1 wrote: »
    Great, some new names for my hitlist.

Is this the hitlist you're putting up on the laughingly named 'Workers for Water Charges' Facebook page?
    The one with one like from yourself and no comments or contact details?
    A joke page......:D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Badger2009 wrote: »

Where do these thugs get off blocking lads trying to do an honest days work and then they have the cheek to berate them for trying to walk around them.

I'm sickened by this.

If I was one of the workers I'd have dumped the cement over that mouth piece .
    All these videos are purely staged .

I've noticed since the Gardai started wearing video cameras most of the idiots have had to change tactics

I'm sickened by this.

The comments say it all
    Nicola Kelleher
    You's always cause trouble when I leave nothing happens all morning ha ah

The sooner the guards are given to go ahead to forcibly (if necessary) remove these low lifes the better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,521 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

No money is worth having to listen to that stupid bitch and have her blocking the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Have to be careful with my comments. More people with plenty of time on their hands. Let me guess....shift work? Days off? Bet that yoke with the dyed hair hasn't worked a day in her life. This is what's sucking the country dry - not water meters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭SweetChaos

The one in the navy jacket was drinking tea from a babies bottle wtf is she special needs

What gives mouthy the right to talk to a worker like that "if i take baby steps you are taking baby steps" They ran up and blocked his way, just pure childish behaviour

Why are the guards allowing this to happen she should have been dragged out of his way

SweetChaos wrote: »
    The one in the navy jacket was drinking tea from a babies bottle wtf is she special needs

What gives mouthy the right to talk to a worker like that "if i take baby steps you are taking baby steps" They ran up and blocked his way, just pure childish behaviour

Why are the guards allowing this to happen she should have been dragged out of his way

The Gardai are doing their job in a professional manner like they were trained to do.
    Are you another one who wants protesters 'beaten and pepper sprayed' off our streets?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

The Gardai are doing their job in a professional manner like they were trained to do.
    Are you another one who wants protesters 'beaten and pepper sprayed' off our streets?

Personally I'd settle for them being spayed with cow ****e.

Bunch of fcuking knackers.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Personally I'd settle for them being spayed with cow ****e.

Bunch of fcuking knackers.

Wonder where a slurry tank can be borrowed from

No I dont want that but I do want to see the workers going about there work day not getting harassed they are being a nuisance costing tax payers more money Im sure the guards would prefer to be some where other than there having to witness that shambles BABY STEPS that not peaceful protests thats chancers acting the maggot for facebook likes and not getting touched by the guards

One comment under the video
    Gerry Garvey diesel ****s up the hardner in cement ,**** me im missn out ,bomb the bastards lol

This is what they have to put up with which I find disgusting These workers are paid to do a job and dont deserve this bullying in the workplace
    If you support and defend them then you most likely have that sort of mind frame and like to cause trouble too?

If you support and defend them then you most likely have that sort of mind frame and like to cause trouble too?

There's different ways to protest, that's theirs.
    I'll stick to email and face to face contact with my local TD's.

How are the guards doing their job?

If I went to your job and blocked you from getting to the door...getting to your desk....getting out in the evening....how would you feel? In those circumstances would you call the guards with an expectation that they will act and stop me harassing you?

In other videos the protestors boast about blocking the workers vehicles in for hours with their 'baby steps' nonsense. All the while the guards stand idly by.

The guards are perfectly entitled to use reasonable force to remove the protestors but they are so afraid of complaints to GSOC etc. that it is easier for them to stand by and let the workers be harassed like in this video or entrapped for hours in their vehicles like in the other videos on YouTube.

How anyone can try and defend the behaviour of the protestors or the guards (when i say guards i mean the higher ups who call the shots - the guards in the videos are obviously acting under instruction) in these situations is beyond me.

There is a difference between protest and harassment/obstruction.

The march on Saturday was a protest (a very successful one).

The video shows harassment/obstruction.

• Advertisement

Well they are not going to achieve much they still will get the water bill weather they pay it or not that up to them but this protesting is achieving nothing but producing vigilantes, people that get up and stand around the street all day in their PJ bottoms for the laugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

How anyone can try and defend the behaviour of the protestors or the guards (when i say guards i mean the higher ups who call the shots - the guards in the videos are obviously acting under instruction) in these situations is beyond me.

These 'protestors' want nothing more than to provoke a response from the Guards.
    Although nothing would give me greater pleasure than to see these mankbags hauled away, the more sensible option is to let them have their little demonstrations. They'll get bored very soon and the meters will be installed.

These 'protestors' want nothing more than to provoke a response from the Guards.
    Although nothing would give me greater pleasure than to see these mankbags hauled away, the more sensible option is to let them have their little demonstrations. They'll get bored very soon and the meters will be installed.

Yes I can understand that approach and would tend to agree to an extent. But when I see these types of videos I try to think about how I would feel if I was the worker. These lads must be stressed to the max and I can only imagine how it may be affecting them in their private lives.

The Gardai have a responsibility to protect everyone and I feel they are letting the workers down badly.

Do you know what you should do?
    You should head out to one of these protests and explain to them how their actions are that of 'mankbags':confused: and about how they're wrong in what they're doing.
    At least they have the balls to get out there and make their views known and not hide behind a keyboard sniping.....for weeks on end....

Do you know what you should do?
    You should head out to one of these protests and explain to them how their actions are that of 'mankbags':confused: and about how they're wrong in what they're doing.
    At least they have the balls to get out there and make their views known and not hide behind a keyboard sniping.....for weeks on end....

This is a forum to discuss things we are entitled to our opinion just like your and your protester friends, difference is when we voice our opinion we don't cost the tax payer money and cause obstruction to workers

Why do all the anti-water protesters want you to come and say it to their face when they have run out of things to say that sound very threatening I dont think I would be physically able to defend myself with that mob baying for blood

This is a forum to discuss things we are entitled to our opinion just like your and your protester friends, difference is when we voice our opinion we don't cost the tax payer money and cause obstruction to workers

Why do all the anti-water protesters want you to come and say it to their face when they have run out of things to say that sound very threatening I dont think I would be physically able to defend myself with that mob baying for blood

Well, they're not my 'protester friends' for a start as I don't know any of them.
    You don't 'discuss' though, you and another few just come on here to vent at the 'lower class' in order to make yourselves feel better.

Well, they're not my 'protester friends' for a start as I don't know any of them.

Well why say go and tell them my opinions to their face?

Should I seek out everyone I disagree with on the internet and tell them to their face

They put up their cringe worthy videos for the public to see how they are "warriors for Ireland" its open for speculation

So no I wont be going and telling these people with balls as you so fondly put it because I don't have to answer to them they are not the law and they dont get to decide what people can and cant do

You don't 'discuss' though, you and another few just come on here to vent at the 'lower class' in order to make yourselves feel better.

No one is venting at the "lower class" but plenty are venting at lowlife scum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

No one is venting at the "lower class" but plenty are venting at lowlife scum.

Someone who exercises their right of protest is low life scum now?

I'm a regular at the protests when I can fit it around my work life does that make me scum?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Disgraceful the amount of Garda time these knackers are wasting. By having to protect ordinary lads going about their jobs, some skangers are getting away with robbing and beating up old dears.

These (not all) protesters are like children in a playground. Grow up and accept your responsibilities FFS. If you don't like what the Government is doing, vote them out and get in people that represent your views

Advertisement