Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI account opinion

Options
  • 30-09-2014 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hello there, I am trying to get a mortgage in Poland. The bank over there wants me to provide a 'bank account opinion' on top of normal bank account statement, which I believe is a text saying that client pays/does not pay all the fees on time etc, there are/are not overdrafts etc. I obviously have a BOI account and need such an opinion.
    I don't have my own company, I guess such an opinion would make more sense if I had. Anyway, I need that thing to get mortgage. 
    Please advise.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi Chrisdotdot, 

Thanks for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie. 

Although Bank of Ireland do not issue letters of 'account opinion', a Character Enquiry may suit your banks requirements. We have answered a similar query here recently and this link will provide you with all the information you'll need to have this letter issued. 

We hope this helps and we wish you the best of luck with your new home in Poland. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Chrisdotdot

Hi Chrisdotdot, 

Thanks for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie. 

Although Bank of Ireland do not issue letters of 'account opinion', a Character Enquiry may suit your banks requirements. We have answered a similar query here recently and this link will provide you with all the information you'll need to have this letter issued. 

We hope this helps and we wish you the best of luck with your new home in Poland. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 
    Elaine, when the bank says they need some document they want me to provide that. It is Polish bank, so if they were to request that doc themselves they would need an official translator and some contact point in BOI. I really doubt it will work this way, I cannot imagine myself going back to them saying 'you have to request that on your own'. 
    Isn't there really any other way of obtaining such a doc?

Thanks,
    Chris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Chris,

If your BOI bank statements are not sufficient to show your account is in good order, your bank in Poland will need to request a Character Enquiry. This would need to include a written authority from you allowing us to provide this information. Their contact point is your account holding branch.

Alternatively, if you have a credit history in Ireland the other bank can check this with the Irish Credit Bureau. More info on this can be viewed on the ICB website, here.  

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Chrisdotdot

Hi Chris,

If your BOI bank statements are not sufficient to show your account is in good order, your bank in Poland will need to request a Character Enquiry. This would need to include a written authority from you allowing us to provide this information. Their contact point is your account holding branch.

Alternatively, if you have a credit history in Ireland the other bank can check this with the Irish Credit Bureau. More info on this can be viewed on the ICB website, here.  

Thanks
    Tara
    Tara, would you please tell me how I can prepare a 'written authority'? Is there any template for that? I have never done that before. 

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi Chrisdotdot,

Thanks for your reply. 

Your bank in Poland should have a template for this type of request that you can then sign and provide to Bank of Ireland.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Advertisement
Advertisement