Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prix de l'Arc Triomphe weekend 4/5 Oct 2014

• 30-09-2014 7:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭

Only interested in the main event for my bet but a full 2 days with a host of group ones and intend on watching most of them. The arc lineup looks a cracker. Ectot and avenir certin are the two I'm most interested in. Fillies with weight and age allowances have a big advantage and there are a few this yr who will put it up to the boys. I don't know much at all about the Japanese horses.

Fancies?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Draw plays such a big part in this race it's better to wait.
    Ground too obviously.

I'd be interested in Ruler of the World. Can play a part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Thinking of backing Sole Power now. I think he will half in price if Tiggy Wiggy doesn't run and after a long season i don't think they will send him to France.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Any one know what the current ground conditions are, just out of interest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Just seen Tiggy Wiggy not declared not a huge surprise. Does anybody know where i can get a look at the full card and the prices. Looking to do a bit of study but can't find much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭droidman123

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Just seen Tiggy Wiggy not declared not a huge surprise. Does anybody know where i can get a look at the full card and the prices. Looking to do a bit of study but can't find much.

Its not much, but it gives the runners and links to the latest odds etc
    www.arc-de-triomphe.net/runners.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Slattsy wrote: »
    Any one know what the current ground conditions are, just out of interest.

Good to soft

Not sure what to make of the supplementing of Tapestry. Did o brien do the same in the arc last yr or the yr before with another? Have it in my head he did and the horse was well beaten

A quick google search, he did with leading light in 2013. Meandre and treve also supplemented

Some cracking work on the tips & fancies threads guys. Great work. I havn't backed one. Keep it up.

My thoughts.

Flintshire - beaten 12L last yrs arc,zero chance lumbered with extra weight given form.
    Ruler of the World. See above
    Al Kazeem. 9th at best. No better.
    Spiritjim - Noble mission form is rubbish. Thats not up to much. Scratch
    Gold Ship - Dark horse. Form sound.
    Just a Way - Will not stay - Scratch
    Chiquita - AOB pace setter - scratch
    Siljans Saga - rubbish
    Ectot - a bull with key prix neil cd form but I do not like the way he finishes his races, he will be caught. Grp 1 form suspect.
    Montirvon - donkey, scratch
    Prince Gibraltar - underestimated @ 33/1
    Kingston Hill - probably lacks the tactical turn of foot for this trip
    Free Port Lux - yawn
    Avenir Certin - watch the prix longines. She wont be far away but her frame is small so hopefully won't be bullied by the colts
    Dolniya - A aga khan trophy runner. Last.
    Taghrooda - I will oppose. Heading wrong direction. I dont buy into the comeback run after the defeat.
    Harp Star - ground & trip concerns but form looks sound to me. Place claims.
    Tapestry - if this wins, I'll give up backing horses.

3yr olds hold a big advantage given the weight for age allowances here. Throw in above average crop & fillies , they have it between them imo. If ruler of the world et al could not win last yr, they have no chance this year lumbered with extra weight. I do not recall a winner coming back from defeat in the arc. Treve was on a serious upward curve last yr & had those allowances. Not this yr. No chance imo. You can draw a line through 3/4 of the field.

Avenir Certin & Ectot hold the best chance imo, with an outside chance on Prince Gibraltar. Roll on Sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Don't think I'll be backing anything in it, looks very open.

• Advertisement

Heads up for those backing ew.

Hills pp, spoils and 365 go 4 places, the rest 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

BumperD wrote: »
    Heads up for those backing ew.

Hills pp, spoils and 365 go 4 places, the rest 3.

And corals from this morning

7/1 the field. That's a damn open race.

Advertisement