Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mutant Pork Chops

• 30-09-2014 7:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

Have you ever noticed how when you buy a pack of pork chops from a supermarket there is almost always one "mutant" chop which just happens to be hidden under the paper wrapper while the more tasty looking ones are clearly visible through the plastic?

This isn't unique to any one supermarket so I won't single one out but I now always try to get a look at the hidden mutant before I choose a packet to buy.

It's so obvious that they want to hide the dodgy looking one since it's always under the wrapper, out of sight but I just think it's very deceptive on the supermarkets part.

They really are bad sometimes though, they look like a slice from the mutant pig they keep locked away from all the other pigs on the farm.

Same thing with steaks and other packed meats too now that I think about it.

Any other experiences of mutant food products being sold in this way?

INB4: Go to the butcher

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,462 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Got some lamb chops once that were folded up to look much smaller than they actually were.More mutton than lamb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭The Peanut

I would give any product the benefit of the doubt only once. If I buy it again and I get similar quality, I never buy it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

I haven't noticed as much with meat, but I have noticed white rocks in the fireplace the next morning after having had a coal fire on the night before.

Advertisement