Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Not Working After 1.7 Update

Options
  • 30-09-2014 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi,

I just turned on my PS4 to play FIFA15, connected to the WiFi and was asked to update my system. It downloaded the file successfully, restarted then did not come back on. Did this happen to anyone else? If so how did you fix it. All I'm getting now is 1 beep, and the blue light flashes. It will not allow me to enter safe mode either! This is due 100% to the update,

Any help much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 David429

Anyone???

I've read online people having similar experiences but can't find any fixes?

This is unaccecptable from PlayStation

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It could be a bad firmware flash. I don't think there's a way to reset the console back to stock but worth checking if there is a way. If not your PS4 will need a repair from Sony.

This was a problem with a PS3 and a bit silly if Sony went with the same firmware flashing system as that with no safety net.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 David429

WTF is this S*** seriously!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Just calm down and ring Sony,you're probably not going to fix it yourself and it should still be under warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Any chance you've got a free hard drive (internal), if you put a new HDD in the PS4 will install the firmware from USB (as long as it's the same or newer than the old version).

Had an issue with a power cut and this sorted it.

You only need it to start, you can put the old one back in after.

If you've not got one or don't want to buy/get a lend you can format your current one in a PC/enclosure and then put that in but you'll have lost any data on it.

• Advertisement

Good to know there's a way to recover from a bad flash. On PS3 you are pretty much boned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Did you get this fixed OP?

Advertisement