Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with laptop at home?

Options
  • 30-09-2014 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi there,

Does anyone know of a person/company who will come to my house (D.15) and help me with some glitches on my laptop. And also give me some iTunes/syncing advice. And help with Windows Outlook. So I need a little technical advice, and also some operational help.

Am happy to pay for a proper call out, but don't know if such a service exists.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭STEINBERG

What are the issues you are having with the 3 things you mentioned?

Here is a great place to get little help without having to pay anything... shoot us the problems you are having and we might be able to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 juno153

Hi Steinberg,
    Firstly, I'm getting an error message every time I turn on my laptop - Run DLL error. It's not a major nuisance, I just have to close it each time and I don't know why it appears in the first place.
    Second, I get a message saying Google hasn’t closed properly, and do I want to restore? No I don't. How can I stop this from happening?
    Thirdly, I can't open my Windows Store, so I haven't been able to update recently. Is this something to do with drivers? (hope not, because I don't know the first thing about them!)
    Finally, I have Word 2010 and Outlook 2013. When I am in e-mail, some of the editing features are inactive and I cannot use them.
    I don't know whether these problems are just minor tweaks, or is there a problem with my laptop. Any help you could offer would be much appreciated, or maybe steer me in a different direction.
    Regards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

What part of the country are in you in ?

Ken

Dublin 15

• Advertisement

Thanks Beauf.

Advertisement