Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camcorder HD HDD

• 30-09-2014 8:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

This could be the wrong forum, I am not sure so apologies if so.

I had a JVC GZ-HD520BEUM High Definition Camcorder and the electronic seems to have died a death and I need to replace same.

Thing is that this was HD HDD meaning I could literally leave a years footage on the camera and only then back it up (circa 14 hours). I have been trying to get a similar camera but the options are very limited.

Have these type of cameras been removed?

If so, how long can you retain the footage on a removable SD card on a camera which isn't HDD?... e.g. a grand Sony one like this?

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5636352/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CPhotography%7C14419436/c_2/3%7Ccat_19780865%7CCamcorders+and+accessories%7C14419485.htm

Help appreciated as I every day I go without a camera is a priceless days footage of my lovely (well some of the time!) offspring!

Advertisement