Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man City vs Roma ITV/TV3

• 30-09-2014 8:35pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

No thread for this ? Decent match, Roma looking most likely to go on to win.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Yeah roma lookin good as usual, if city lose here there in big trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Glock Lesnar

Yaya is playing like I do when I show up for Sunday league matches hungover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

A lot of empty seats, would any other English CL side fail to sell out a match like this? (and yes the official site was still selling tickets this morning)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

City's European woes continue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Glock Lesnar

A lot of empty seats, would any other English CL side fail to sell out a match like this? (and yes the official site was still selling tickets this morning)

The fact that this match thread has 5 posts is more alarming

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Kompany up to his usual tricks for the Roma goal. A good, but yet vastly overrated player.

The fact that this match thread has 5 posts is more alarming

Ah come on both of City's fans could be busy tonight.

Did Lee Dixon just say that City could go on and still win the group?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

presenter on tv3 looks like a simpson character

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Ranchu

In a few years they'll have more Irish support. No different to Chelsea, Liverpool or Utd after their periods of success.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'm enjoying Paul Scholes undercutting of the Toby Jugs ra-ra cheerleader nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

I can't get my head around this with City. They're a club who could get 30,000+ when they were in the third tier of English football, yet somehow can't get 40,000+ at some home games in the Champions League. :confused:

#omgwtflike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Totti once again showing why he is arguably the greatest player of his generation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

I can't get my head around this with City. They're a club who could get 30,000+ when they were in the third tier of English football, yet somehow can't get 40,000+ at some home games in the Champions League. :confused:

#omgwtflike

I was going to say ticket prices must be a major issue but tickets for the upcoming CSKA CL game via the clubs site are very reasonable £15-£25 most of the stadium with discounts for kids/OAP's and some more expensive tickets but all general sale ones being below £35.

Possibly with the recession a lot of "old school" fans cant afford to go all the time when the games are covered on TV anyway and they haven't been challenging at the top long enough to bring in enough tourist fans for whom the ticket price is less of an issue to compensate yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

#omgwtflike

Reminds me of a certain chant :pac:

Lampard made a big difference when he came on, imo Pelligrini got it wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

nuxxx wrote: »
    Reminds me of a certain chant :pac:

Lampard made a big difference when he came on, imo Pelligrini got it wrong

More to do with Totti coming off than Lampard coming on I would have thought?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Totti is a joy to watch.

Roma were impressive without De Sanctis, Castan, Astori and De Rossi.

I can't see that City team getting anything in Rome. They have a trip to Moscow as well and still have to play Bayern again. They could easily not qualify.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

I was going to say ticket prices must be a major issue but tickets for the upcoming CSKA CL game via the clubs site are very reasonable £15-£25 most of the stadium with discounts for kids/OAP's and some more expensive tickets but all general sale ones being below £35.

Possibly with the recession a lot of "old school" fans cant afford to go all the time when the games are covered on TV anyway and they haven't been challenging at the top long enough to bring in enough tourist fans for whom the ticket price is less of an issue to compensate yet.

Ticket prices would have been my guess too. Thought since the new owners came in and splashed the cash they might have jacked up the ticket prices but £15-£25 is exceptionally reasonable. Especially considering a lot of LoI games are €15 for a ticket.

They have 30-40 thousand fans who'll watch them play Macclesfield in Division 2 or against Roma in the CL. So they have a very large solid fanbase but that's it then. In contrast to when Arsenal moved their CL games to Wembley to double up their home crowd capacity.

Would like to see what Man United would get if they got relegated a couple of divisions, not out curiosity, I'd just like it.

• Totti is a joy to watch.

Roma were impressive without De Sanctis, Castan, Astori and De Rossi.

I can't see that City team getting anything in Rome. They have a trip to Moscow as well and still have to play Bayern again. They could easily not qualify.

I would say on the same level as Pirlo. Class player even still @ 38

Advertisement