Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

strange messages re customer support issue

Options
  • 30-09-2014 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭

Hi, I logged a technical issue with my broadband on the 24th. In the interim (Thurs/Fri last week) I got a couple of calls from eircom engineers who were looking into it. There was no clarification at either stage, but I was happy to see some action.

Yesterday I got a text from eircom saying:

"Dear customer, we are aware that your fault is still open. We are actively working to resolve it as quickly as possible we apologise for the inconvenience."

I actually thought this was pretty good. Issue hadn't been forgotten. Great.

Today, however, (at 14:31 hrs) I got the following message:

"You recently opened a case with us that is due to close in the next 48 hours. If the problem is still on-going then simply free text UNRESOLVED to 50123 and we will call you back within 24 hours."

So I texted the message to the number and go the following response:

"Thank you for your response. We will be in touch within the next 24 hours."

Finally at 18:16 hrs, I receive a final message:

"The engineer has advised that the fault affecting your eVision should now be resolved. However, we have been unable to contact you to confirm. If the issue is ongoing please contact 1901, option 3, option 3. Regards, eVision Support."

Now, as you can imagine this came as a surprise to me as:
    1. I don't have eVision.
    2. I hadn't received any missed calls on my phone.

Please help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

RE*AC*TOR wrote: »
    Hi, I logged a technical issue with my broadband on the 24th. In the interim (Thurs/Fri last week) I got a couple of calls from eircom engineers who were looking into it. There was no clarification at either stage, but I was happy to see some action.

Yesterday I got a text from eircom saying:

"Dear customer, we are aware that your fault is still open. We are actively working to resolve it as quickly as possible we apologise for the inconvenience."

I actually thought this was pretty good. Issue hadn't been forgotten. Great.

Today, however, (at 14:31 hrs) I got the following message:

"You recently opened a case with us that is due to close in the next 48 hours. If the problem is still on-going then simply free text UNRESOLVED to 50123 and we will call you back within 24 hours."

So I texted the message to the number and go the following response:

"Thank you for your response. We will be in touch within the next 24 hours."

Finally at 18:16 hrs, I receive a final message:

"The engineer has advised that the fault affecting your eVision should now be resolved. However, we have been unable to contact you to confirm. If the issue is ongoing please contact 1901, option 3, option 3. Regards, eVision Support."

Now, as you can imagine this came as a surprise to me as:
    1. I don't have eVision.
    2. I hadn't received any missed calls on my phone.

Please help.
    Hi RE*AC*TOR

I have re-escalated this to the technical support department and await information from them on the current status. As soon as I have more information I will let you know right away.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Hi Alan,
    Any progress?

Hi Alan,
    Any progress?
    Hi RE*AC*TOR

Technicians are currently assigned and a resolution  is targeted for completion today, as soon as I have more information I'll let you know.

Thanks
    Al

Hi RE*AC*TOR

Technicians are currently assigned and a resolution  is targeted for completion today, as soon as I have more information I'll let you know.

Thanks
    Al

Engineer suggesting it's a bad contention problem. Was scheduled to call to house today, but suggested there was no value as the issue only occurs in evenings/weekends. So he canceled appointment.

Customer support seem to be saying something else.

I have no visibility of how this will ultimately be resolved.

Hi RE*AC*TOR

Thanks
    Al

Engineer suggesting it's a bad contention problem. Was scheduled to call to house today, but suggested there was no value as the issue only occurs in evenings/weekends. So he canceled appointment.

Customer support seem to be saying something else.

I have no visibility of how this will ultimately be resolved.
    Hi RE*AC*TOR

The best advice I can offer is to make contact with technical support when the issues occur so that they can run tests in real time.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

That is what I did 1.5 weeks ago. I rang them around 8pm.
    They got me to turn off Wi-Fi and do a speed test, and then passed the info on.

Subsequent to that it seems like very little has happened, apart from mixed messages from different sections of the business.

I see little point in having that conversation again.

Is someone not in charge of resolving these types of issues? Seems like it might be being thrown over the wall from department to department then back again...

Advertisement