Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movember Mo Run - Nov 15th - 5k & 10k

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

smashiner wrote: »
    Great stuff, delighted to hear that u smashed it out of the ball park today, congrats well done !!

I did the 10k with 2 of my friends with mad wigs, shirts and mo's , we had a great laff too, the weather was great and it was good just to see people enjoying themselves....

We decided to race against a crew of pirates, two Mexicans and Super hero's Captain America and Superman!

Well run event and good crack too, would do it again
    :-)

Thank you! :D Glad you had fun! It was a great day!

I got some pics of Captain America and Superman! Did you win?!

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭smashiner

Thank you! :D Glad you had fun! It was a great day!

I got some pics of Captain America and Superman! Did you win?!

Yeah, we had a secret stash of Kryptonite (lucozade), at about 7k and we kicked Supermans ass! Poor Captain America was shattered by his muscular suit and mask suffocating the oxygen out of him and he was toast at 6k.

Captain Jack Sparrow fell away at 8k, too much rum I think, the damn Mexicans were harder to shake off but their heavy ponchos were their undoing in the end!

We the silk shirted afro wearing hippies ruled the day:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

Where are the results? I wanna go staiking :D

Well done TFGR and Hannibal, you guys have just reminded me whats so great about running!!

Results are here: https://dublin.mo-running.com/results-2014/

I finished in 27th. Getting caught behind the crowd at the start of the race and that massive hill on the 3rd km resulted in me getting a slightly slower time that usual but only by about 1 minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

smashiner wrote: »
    Yeah, we had a secret stash of Kryptonite (lucozade), at about 7k and we kicked Supermans ass! Poor Captain America was shattered by his muscular suit and mask suffocating the oxygen out of him and he was toast at 6k.

Captain Jack Sparrow fell away at 8k, too much rum I think, the damn Mexicans were harder to shake off but their heavy ponchos were their undoing in the end!

We the silk shirted afro wearing hippies ruled the day:-)

Haahaa I passed superman... I told my son and he thinks im a legend now!

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Twigster

This was my first 5k yesterday, had a great time, good atmosphere, everyone up for a laugh. Got fairly stuck behind people at the start and at a couple of other points like the sharp turn at the top of the hill, but was comfortable the whole way round and finished strong, looking for my next one now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭smashiner

Picture attached.......enuff said :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

My wife and I ran the 5k on saturday - her first ever run, my first in about 18 years.
    I was glad to be able to finish it and she is naturally over the moon at actually doing some running, even talking about doing more races.
    Great atmosphere at the event, havent experienced that type of vibe before.

PS, @ This Fat Girl Runs, we saw you there alright and noticed your sign, pity we didnt know you were a fellow boardsie we would certainly have said hello!

Advertisement