Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Italian

Options
  • 30-09-2014 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Which schools teach Italian?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

if you contact the department they will send you a list. Do you mind me asking are you looking for a job?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Miri

Yes , I am . I am at present teaching Italian in community colleges in California. I will be moving to Ireland in January ( my husband has a job) and yes I am looking for a job
    Miriam

http://atiireland.com/2012/
    The Italian teachers association is a good place to get advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Oruam

Hi Miri! Did you find a teaching position, eventually?

Oruam wrote: »
    Hi Miri! Did you find a teaching position, eventually?

Yes and no. I teach in evening schools. Not yet completely satisfied. Why?

• Advertisement

I see. I asked because I was looking for an Erasmus+ traineeship as a teaching assistant (in Italian and History) for the next year. 

In which county do you live? I've searched a lot of schools websites, and found some schools with Italian, I might have found some in your area too.

I see. I asked because I was looking for an Erasmus+ traineeship as a teaching assistant (in Italian and History) for the next year. 

In which county do you live? I've searched a lot of schools websites, and found some schools with Italian, I might have found some in your area too.

You too are looking to teach?

Miri wrote: »

You too are looking to teach?
    I'm still at university, so not for now. Plus, I'd need a teaching qualification to be eligible to teach (not just as an assistant) in Ireland, as well as in Italy, and either I get it in Italy or abroad, but it requires time and money, as you well know.

I'm still at university, so not for now. Plus, I'd need a teaching qualification to be eligible to teach (not just as an assistant) in Ireland, as well as in Italy, and either I get it in Italy or abroad, but it requires time and money, as you well know.

Good luck then.! History may offer more chances...

Check out the cdetb website for Italian jobs. Second level schools

• Advertisement
Advertisement