Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

insuremyvan.ie

Options
  • 30-09-2014 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Insuremyvan.ie are so bad its unreal. Once the get you sign up thet don't care. Do they make money from all the phone call you have to make to get your disk? I'm coming and going all the time so I need my van when I'm here. For two year out of the last 2 and a half I've had insurance with this company. And im nearly finish this years insurance and still no disk, the last time it was only the last 3 months I got the disk. I ring and they say to "oh ye you must sign a paper" so I do, then the say "oh ye you have to send some paped in" and I say I have already but I do it again I even asked for the rest of my policy (reminding money) back and they say that there is no refunds, and if anybody from insuremyvan.ie disputed this my name is rory connolly and I'm still waiting for my bloody paper work

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Holy crap! I was going to check them out for my transit connect. Insurance is up in a month.

Thanks for the heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Have you lodged a formal complaint with the insurer? If so and you're still having difficulty with the insurer you can contact the Financial Services Ombudsman https://www.financialombudsman.ie/
    The legal obligation is on you to ensure your insurance and documentation is in order and displayed so I' suggest you escalate the issue pronto.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 rory1234 55kg

Hello again. rang the insurance company again and told them about that I've posted a tread on boards.ie and the reaction was quick. The sent me the paper work out(the disk) and it arrived the next day with some paper to sign and to send back again grrrrrr, but at least I have my disk. insuremyvan.ie gave my a great deal but its the phone calls trying to follow up on it, but this post seem to work so thanks to scousemouse for taking the time to post, it looks like it help. The lady I was talking to said that they are putting together a team to follow up on paper work so that things like this don't happen???????????? anyways! great post slimjimmc, I will be saving that address. thank you. if anyone else has had a problem like this post and will see if i was just very unlucky, thanks again ScouseMouse and slimjimmc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

I have been doing my business with this company for years and really could not fault them.

I remember back when my finances weren't the best, they allowed me to pay in installments even though that option wasn't available....the joys of having your insurance due for renewal in January.

Never had an issue with discs being delayed, AFAIK the discs come from the actual insurance company, they are just brokers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Hello again. rang the insurance company again and told them about that I've posted a tread on boards.ie and the reaction was quick. The sent me the paper work out(the disk) and it arrived the next day with some paper to sign and to send back again grrrrrr, but at least I have my disk. insuremyvan.ie gave my a great deal but its the phone calls trying to follow up on it, but this post seem to work so thanks to scousemouse for taking the time to post, it looks like it help. The lady I was talking to said that they are putting together a team to follow up on paper work so that things like this don't happen???????????? anyways! great post slimjimmc, I will be saving that address. thank you. if anyone else has had a problem like this post and will see if i was just very unlucky, thanks again ScouseMouse and slimjimmc.

I am glad to hear you got sorted.

I have a company van with insurance up for renewal and WAS considering them. When I read your post, I dropped them an email pointing out I was concerned if this was correct. I got a reply next day saying it had been sorted that morning.

Good stuff !

• Advertisement

padd b1975 wrote: »
    I have been doing my business with this company for years and really could not fault them.

I remember back when my finances weren't the best, they allowed me to pay in installments even though that option wasn't available....the joys of having your insurance due for renewal in January.

Never had an issue with discs being delayed, AFAIK the discs come from the actual insurance company, they are just brokers.

Hey how are you, good to hear you have had good experiences with this company, if anybody else has any good to say about them, let us know the good feedback to. but no thats not what insuremyvan.ie told me about the disc, they said "we have received the disc off the insurance company but were holding on to the disc till we receive the paperwork we want, but you are insured" -not word for word but you get what I'm saying. Plus they said now they are putting together a team to follow up on things like this???

ScousMouse wrote: »
    I am glad to hear you got sorted.

I have a company van with insurance up for renewal and WAS considering them. When I read your post, I dropped them an email pointing out I was concerned if this was correct. I got a reply next day saying it had been sorted that morning.

Good stuff !

Thanks again ScousMouse, it would have definitely made a difference. When its money being lost then they take action and they did so thanks again for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭s_gr

Have to say ive been using them last 3 years and cant fault them. Once all your paperwork and payment in order had disc in 2/3 days everytime. Also were the cheapest by a mile every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭doctorchopper

I've been with them for 3 years for both my commercial vehicles and never had a problem with them

Advertisement