Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Tesco be affected by 3 buying o2?

Options
  • 30-09-2014 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

Hi
    I'm looking at a 24 month contract with tesco,
    Is there any danger that their service will be harmed by 3 buying o2, with tesco currently using the o2 network?
    I presume the price cannot change but can 3 tell them they can no longer use the o2 network?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Ging Ging

As far as I know the O2/3 merger was only allowed as long as they open their network(s) to other opperators. This means increased competition to make up for the fact O2 will be no more. I expect Tesco to continue and other new companies to appear. There was talk (speculation) that Setanta might enter the market using the 3 network.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭lazyman

That's great lads
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 13,165 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Ging Ging wrote: »
    As far as I know the O2/3 merger was only allowed as long as they open their network(s) to other opperators. This means increased competition to make up for the fact O2 will be no more. I expect Tesco to continue and other new companies to appear. There was talk (speculation) that Setanta might enter the market using the 3 network.

It's actually going to be the Carphone Warehouse group that are launching their own network.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Ging Ging

Well I'd assume in the long run there will be more than 1 additional piggyback network.

• Advertisement
Advertisement