Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tickets for the Knicks v the Bulls in October

Options
  • 30-09-2014 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭

Looking to get tickets for the Knicks v Bulls game on the 29th of October.

One of the group travelling has found them for$175 dollars a piece and they're nosebleed, so I'm just wondering if anyone knows somewhere we'd be able to get tickets for a reasonable price?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Paul_Hacket

The main problem with Knicks games at the garden (and they are numerous) is that despite the fact that the Knicks have been crap for years corporate buyers still snap up all the tickets for each game and give them to their boring ass clients. As well as jacking up the cost of the tickets this leads to a less than stellar atmosphere in the stadium. The Knicks are coming off a brutal 2013-14 season, are you sure you want to spend that much to see them? They're pretty much pariahs in New York these days and have been for years.

The Nets in the new Barclay Center in Brooklyn are playing much better ball these days, there's a great atmosphere in the stadium and tickets are reasonable (decent tix for $70 or so, good ones for $90+). They're also playing the Celtics October 19th, which oughta be a good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

The main problem with Knicks games at the garden (and they are numerous) is that despite the fact that the Knicks have been crap for years corporate buyers still snap up all the tickets for each game and give them to their boring ass clients. As well as jacking up the cost of the tickets this leads to a less than stellar atmosphere in the stadium. The Knicks are coming off a brutal 2013-14 season, are you sure you want to spend that much to see them? They're pretty much pariahs in New York these days and have been for years.

The Nets in the new Barclay Center in Brooklyn are playing much better ball these days, there's a great atmosphere in the stadium and tickets are reasonable (decent tix for $70 or so, good ones for $90+). They're also playing the Celtics October 19th, which oughta be a good game.

Great idea Paul!!

Would i need to preorder the tickets and if so, where would be the best place to get them?

Yeah, you definitely ought to get tix in advance. Ticketmaster's website is home for the official tix, you're probably better off getting em on stubhub though, you'll usually get a better price there. Corner sections such as 12, 13, 19, 20 etc. give the best views for the buck in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Stubhub is good. We've used them a few times.

Also Craigslist but thats more local.

Problem; we're only there from the 25th to the 30th. Well f*** it!

• Advertisement

The Nets are also playing at home on the 25th, might be a bit too much hassle for your first night if you're flying in though.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 NYC2013

I went to about 20 Knick games last year and got all my tickets off either stubhub or ticketsnow. I normally wait till close to tip off to get them because the price comes way down, last season stubhub would let me buy them right up till tip off time but ticketsnow had a cut off time of like two hours before it started. Word of warning don't get a seat in the 400's section in the garden above row 3, this is because the new chase bridge above you will give you a view of the court like your looking through a letter box, you can't even see the big screen, they're horrible seats, everywhere else in the garden in decent.

NYC2013 wrote: »
    I went to about 20 Knick games last year and got all my tickets off either stubhub or ticketsnow. I normally wait till close to tip off to get them because the price comes way down, last season stubhub would let me buy them right up till tip off time but ticketsnow had a cut off time of like two hours before it started. Word of warning don't get a seat in the 400's section in the garden above row 3, this is because the new chase bridge above you will give you a view of the court like your looking through a letter box, you can't even see the big screen, they're horrible seats, everywhere else in the garden in decent.[/quote

Good idea NYC! I'll mention it to the rest. Thanks

So the Jets are playing the Bills on the 26th in the Metlife. Think this is a runner?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

80s Child wrote: »
    So the Jets are playing the Bills on the 26th in the Metlife. Think this is a runner?

Go for it. I'm much more of an american football fan than basketball. If you throw yourself on the mercy of stubhub you should be able to get tickets.

The prob with american football is that with only 16 games in the season, it means only eight home games a year. So all games would be sell outs and tickets tend to be Expen$ive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭whitey1

80s Child wrote: »

Jets are $hite this year. Try Craig's list for tix too....most sellers take paypal

(Comment about Jets means tix may be easier to come by)

Bit the bullett: 4 seats at the MetLife for the Bills game. 60e a pop. Happy days.

I bought the tickets through ticket master; extremely easy and efficient, for future users.

Advertisement