Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mazda 6 Rear Fog Light

Options
  • 30-09-2014 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I have a Mazda 6 - 2006 hatchback that completed its NCT Sept. 2014. It failed because rear fog light was not working. Light on dash indicated fog light was on, but bulb was non functional. I took the car away and bought a replacement bulb, fitted, but still no joy. Went to the owners manual to see what fuse it was. But, no fuse for rear fog light shown. Checked all fuses and relays all functioning perfectly.

Anyone else have trouble with rear fogs on Madza that can answer this riddle?

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Any sign of corrosion on the connector at the back of the lamp unit/fog light or where the bulb is seated?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,209 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Not being smart here. Have you googled the issue, including the fuse?

As stated above, check the contacts in the bulb housing, plus the wiring connections to the housing. Clean the terminals/contacts, remove and reseat the outside connections, if not soldered etc.

The odds are that some fuse has blown. Chase this angle down. Look on Mazda forums.

Also, as a very last resort, I would have a look at the NCT fail list to see if removing the entire rear fog light might cause the car a pass.

I am not an expert, but I did not know that such a warning light on the dash equalled a fail.

Finally, it is always possible that the new bulb you got is faulty, or that you did not fit the new bulb properly/completely.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sodaville

I dropped the car to the garage. They had seen this issue before. On Mazda hatchbacks the wiring loom is squeezed into a tight loom for the rear lights and passed through the opening of the hatchback. Over a period of time the wires break inside the loom due to the constant opening and closing of the hatchback. They metered the loom identified the broken lead and fixed. Following day I went back to NCT and got my new disk.

Advertisement