Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Feet a bit gross - reassurance and tips welcomed

• 30-09-2014 11:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

In the past week or two the skin on my feet, especially in and around my toes has decided that it no longer wants to be part of my feet and is peeling of! No pain or itching, just dead skin everywhere, unsightly toes and funny looks from people in the pool - they look pretty gross!

I'll admit I am not the kindest to my feet, they are walked to work a few times a week (45 min); out running 3 times a week and in pool about 2 - 3 times a week. Second half of August was also pretty hectic for them with walking the Wicklow Way, during which the waterproof claims of the trail shoes were well and truly put to the the test and sadly failed abysmally, resulting in a day and a half of walking in sodden socks. I even force them into evil heels occasionally - like I said I am not kind to my feet!

As the title suggests I am partly looking for reassurance that this is my feet reacting to the damage they possibly suffered when waterlogged in August and is perfectly normal. :confused:

I am also wondering if anyone has any lowish maintenance tips for making my feet just a little less unsightly, I mean runners feet are put through a lot so some of you must have some ideas! :D:D

Thanks!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

Trench foot!! Foot & Mouth!!

Only joking. it sounds like athlete's foot. If it is, an anti-fungal will cure it. Make sure to dry properly, but not too roughly, between your toes.

ETA: I'm sure your feet look fine. Mine are like hooves, as they have so much hard skin, and I have loads of old, dead blisters. I have to admit I am pretty self conscious about them in yoga class as everyone else seems to have lovely soft, supple yoga feet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭ronn

Try let your feet dry out as much as possible,
    Wear flip flops while going around the house or while sitting at work,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭spaceylou

Thanks guys,

My feet are dried out, I think, I mean the sodden sock experience was end of August but they are obviously getting wet every day in the shower. My preference is bare feet around the house anyway so already doing that.

Is athletes foot not itchy? Shall inquire in the pharmacy about possibility of it being that and potential creams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

I wrecked my feet in a similar way. Feet were in wet socks and shoes for over 24 hours. When they eventually dried out, it took a few weeks for the feet to go back to normal. Lots of peeling and dead skin. Felt like they would never recover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭gerard_65

E45 cream.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Emer911

Assuming there isn't any infection (defo talk to the pharmacist!), I'd suggest washing/ soaking your feet daily in salt and warm water, dry thoroughly and moisturise. Any moisturiser would do, but the E45 previously mentioned would be a great (and gentle) one to go for. Do that for 2 or 3 weeks and you'll have beautiful new feet :D(might work for you too HelenAnne)

But get them checked out first...

And though bare feet are great, if there is an infection the flip flops will prevent you spreading it to other family members/ housemates.

Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

Emer911 wrote: »
    Assuming there isn't any infection (defo talk to the pharmacist!), I'd suggest washing/ soaking your feet daily in salt and warm water, dry thoroughly and moisturise. Any moisturiser would do, but the E45 previously mentioned would be a great (and gentle) one to go for. Do that for 2 or 3 weeks and you'll have beautiful new feet :D(might work for you too HelenAnne)

But get them checked out first...

And though bare feet are great, if there is an infection the flip flops will prevent you spreading it to other family members/ housemates.

Best of luck!

I need more than moisturiser - it can't penetrate my rhino-hide feet! I need someone with a big electric sander.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Emer911

HelenAnne wrote: »
    I need more than moisturiser - it can't penetrate my rhino-hide feet! I need someone with a big electric sander.

If it can help my brothers gross hobnail boot & welly wearing wrecks, then it surely is worth a try... can't hurt anyway!
    Might even feel nice :-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭gerard_65

You need one of those fish tanks where the fish eat the dead shin of your feet:P

Advertisement