Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre IP is incorrectly static

Options
  • 01-10-2014 1:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭

Hi -- I have eFibre, my router is a Zyxel F1000 with default settings, and is set-up to obtain its IP address automatically.

The problem is, the IP is always the same, even when an IP is "released" and "renewed" via the router's admin portal.

Restarting the modem, or turning it off for an hour does not help. I have definitely had the same IP for weeks, and it's possibly been the same since I got eFibre.

If I configure the router to use a static IP (as a test), the only IP that works with the static configuration is the same IP that I am always automatically assigned; no other IP on the same subnet would work.

Before eFibre, I always had dynamic IPs -- a router restart would result in a new IP. 

I never requested a static IP.

Can an Eircom tech employee please explain this strange behaviour, and what can be done to fix it?

I need dynamic IPs in relation to my line of work. Without it, I shall go back to my old broadband provider.

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

rat_race wrote: »
    Hi -- I have eFibre, my router is a Zyxel F1000 with default settings, and is set-up to obtain its IP address automatically.

The problem is, the IP is always the same, even when an IP is "released" and "renewed" via the router's admin portal.

Restarting the modem, or turning it off for an hour does not help. I have definitely had the same IP for weeks, and it's possibly been the same since I got eFibre.

If I configure the router to use a static IP (as a test), the only IP that works with the static configuration is the same IP that I am always automatically assigned; no other IP on the same subnet would work.

Before eFibre, I always had dynamic IPs -- a router restart would result in a new IP. 

I never requested a static IP.

Can an Eircom tech employee please explain this strange behaviour, and what can be done to fix it?

I need dynamic IPs in relation to my line of work. Without it, I shall go back to my old broadband provider.

Thanks for the help.
    HI rat_race

I have not come across this before - I've requested clarification from the technical support team and as soon as they get back to me I will let you know straight away

Al

Advertisement