Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 US Presidential Race - Mod Warning in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

I really wish the Iowa caucus would arrive already, it's becoming too much of a tense roller coaster ride for us Sanders supporters :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,923 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

He's closing Iowa, but now Hillary has whipped out Bill on the campaign trail. That will be a carylist for her: many loyal dems will follow the Clintons while republicans will take the invitation to drag Bills entire 8 years back up and through the mud.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I can never resist making graphs from tables.

372936.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Overheal wrote: »
    He's closing Iowa, but now Hillary has whipped out Bill on the campaign trail. That will be a carylist for her: many loyal dems will follow the Clintons while republicans will take the invitation to drag Bills entire 8 years back up and through the mud.

The Bill years were pretty good - if he could have run a third term he'd have won that too. If the Republicans run a campaign against Bill as well as Hillary they will lose by an even bigger margin than they will anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭Amerika

Rasmussen Report from 28, December has Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump in a virtual tie heading into 2016. 37% of likely voters would vote for Clinton, and 36% of likely voters would vote for Trump.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2016/clinton_vs_trump_still_a_dead_heat

• Advertisement

First Up wrote: »
    The Bill years were pretty good - if he could have run a third term he'd have won that too. If the Republicans run a campaign against Bill as well as Hillary they will lose by an even bigger margin than they will anyway.

If the Republicans indirectly go after Bill by targeting the hypocrisy of Hillary. When Hillary attacks Trump regarding his penchant for sexism, the answer should be “I guess Hillary should be okay with that... she always has where her husband is concerned." When Hillary plays the “Women’s Card” and her outspoken support for women who claim sexual abuse... Respond “Does that ALSO include the many women who have publicly denounced Bill’s terrible record of sexual abuse against them.”

Amerika wrote: »
    If the Republicans indirectly go after Bill by targeting the hypocrisy of Hillary. When Hillary attacks Trump regarding his penchant for sexism, the answer should be “I guess Hillary should be okay with that... she always has where her husband is concerned." When Hillary plays the “Women’s Card” and her outspoken support for women who claim sexual abuse... Respond “Does that ALSO include the many women who have publicly denounced Bill’s terrible record of sexual abuse against them.”

Exactly, let the Republicans keep beating that drum all the way to an unmerciful hiding at the poll booths.

Exactly, let the Republicans keep beating that drum all the way to an unmerciful hiding at the poll booths.

Oh, that’s the sideshow. There are far more important areas of concern for Hillary that the GOP will target her for... Her email scandal, her pay-to-play schemes regarding the Clinton Foundation, her lackluster record as Senator and Secretary of State, her numerous lies, her comment about how we are now finally where we need to be on ISIS, her comment that Republicans are her enemies... just for starters. This will be an election for the Independent voters. The question remains... will these issues resonate with the Independents?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Thought going after a politicians private life was considered off limits? Doing so could cause a backlash. The above seems very low even for American politics.

20Cent wrote: »
    Thought going after a politicians private life was considered off limits? Doing so could cause a backlash. The above seems very low even for American politics.

Hillary brought it on herself by dusting off Bill's cobwebs and putting him on the campaign trail, and with her public comments about how all rape accusers have the right to be believed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Hillary brought it on herself by dusting off Bill's cobwebs and putting him on the campaign trail, and with her public comments about how all rape accusers have the right to be believed.

Rape accusers don't have the right to be believed?

20Cent wrote: »
    Rape accusers don't have the right to be believed?

I gather she means all EXCEPT for Bill’s rape accusers... And those need to be publicly destroyed.

Oh, that’s the sideshow. There are far more important areas of concern for Hillary that the GOP will target her for... Her email scandal, her pay-to-play schemes regarding the Clinton Foundation, her lackluster record as Senator and Secretary of State, her numerous lies, her comment about how we are now finally where we need to be on ISIS, her comment that Republicans are her enemies... just for starters. This will be an election for the Independent voters. The question remains... will these issues resonate with the Independents?

Trivia. If that all the GOP has in its locker they might as well nominate the Donald and just give us all a laugh for the next ten months.

Trivia. If that all the GOP has in its locker they might as well nominate the Donald and just give us all a laugh for the next ten months.

I find it odd, or telling, that you would consider it trivial that the majority of American voters don’t trust Hillary Clinton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,923 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Do you trust.. Trump?

Overheal wrote: »
    Do you trust.. Trump?
    I trust him more that Hillary Clinton, which isn't saying much.

Amerika wrote:
    I find it odd, or telling, that you would consider it trivial that the majority of American voters don’t trust Hillary Clinton.

They will trust her to run the country more than they will trust any candidate on the GOP list. That is all that matters.

They will trust her to run the country more than they will trust any candidate on the GOP list. That is all that matters.
    Personally, I think it’s way too early in the process to plan on moving into that house of cards. The rats need to move out first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

The Donald has disapproval rating of nearly 70% (CNN)from all female voters. There is not gods chance in hell he will ever be president with those numbers. I don't know what his strategy is to actually get voted in. How can you piss off nearly half the population (including your own party) and expect to be president??? It must be just for the publicity or an ego crusade. Hillary will wipe the floor with him if he ever gets to a debate. I would LOVE to see that though, bullies hate being stood up too and he will implode

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    The Donald has disapproval rating of nearly 70% (CNN)from all female voters. There is not gods chance in hell he will ever be president with those numbers. I don't know what his strategy is to actually get voted in. How can you piss off nearly half the population (including your own party) and expect to be president??? It must be just for the publicity or an ego crusade. Hillary will wipe the floor with him if he ever gets to a debate. I would LOVE to see that though, bullies hate being stood up too and he will implode
    I tried to find that 70% disapproval rating of all female voters according to CNN, but couldn't. Could you provide a link?

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Did you forget Benghazi, or has that dead horse decomposed so far that there's nothing left to flog?

oscarBravo wrote:
    Did you forget Benghazi, or has that dead horse decomposed so far that there's nothing left to flog?

Hillary rode that horse through the Senate without a finger being laid on her.

If the GOP plans to seriously contest this election they better quickly find a credible candidate with credible policies.

But I suspect that you reflect the attitude of much of the Republican "base", as it becomes increasingly bewildered at why everyone else is going in the opposite direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

I tried to find that 70% disapproval rating of all female voters according to CNN, but couldn't. Could you provide a link?
    Add your reply here.

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/12/27/politics/donald-trump-hillary-bill-clinton-sexism/index.html

Apologies I got my numbers wrong its actually 61% of all female's disapprove. You need to listen to the video for the pole numbers.

Still that's awful lot of people who don't like you

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

Add your reply here.

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/12/27/politics/donald-trump-hillary-bill-clinton-sexism/index.html

Apologies I got my numbers wrong its actually 61% of all female's disapprove. You need to listen to the video for the pole numbers.

Still that's awful lot of people who don't like you

Thanks, 70% or 61%… I agree, still a lot. I did hear it noted in the video, but it wasn’t noted in the text. I tried to find that CNN/OCR poll to see when it was taken and how the question was framed, but no luck on my part.

Last month a NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll noted only 27% of voters give her a good rating for honesty.
    http://freebeacon.com/politics/majority-of-americans-give-hillary-clinton-poor-rating-on-honesty/

What would mean more to voters in the general election and how will it affect their vote for the leader of the country… Pick the lesser of two evils - pompous sexist or habitual liar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Almost 2016 polls still indicating Donald Trump is the most popular GOP candidate makes for an enjoyable watch for the new year. Interesting to see the insults and snide remarks that will come his way from the other candidates.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/2016_republican_presidential_nomination-3823.html

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,267 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

What would mean more to voters in the general election and how will it affect their vote for the leader of the country… Pick the lesser of two evils - pompous sexist or habitual liar?
    Trump won PolitiFact's 2015 Liar of the Year award, with the majority of what comes out of his mouth as mostly false, false, or pants on fire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Funny it reads Under the Iran deal "If Israel attacks Iran were supposed to be on Iran's side.:confused: Noticeable not pants on fire.:rolleyes:

oscarBravo wrote: »

I wasn't aware the final report was out yet... just an interim progress report. Regardless, come the general election when families of Benghazi victims blast Clinton as a 'serial liar,' it will have some impact when people weigh the honesty factor.

Black Swan wrote: »
    Trump won PolitiFact's 2015 Liar of the Year award, with the majority of what comes out of his mouth as mostly false, false, or pants on fire.
    Oh, Trump will have his problems with honesty also in the minds of voters if he is the GOP nominee. But how will the voters weigh Trump’s bombastic claims against, oh, say, Hillary’s Pontius Pilate maneuver’s regarding her involvement in getting Putin 20% of US uranium production (you know... the stuff to make nuclear bombs) in return for a $2.5 million donation to the Clinton Foundation, plus another $500,000 to Bill for a speech in Moscow? It might just be a boggy slog to Tipperary for Hillary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,774 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Pataki has dropped out. Who will be demoted to the undercard debate in January? http://www.cnbc.com/2015/12/29/george-pataki-drops-out-of-race-to-be-2016-republican-presidential-candidiate.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement