Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 US Presidential Race - Mod Warning in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭walshyn93

Akrasia wrote: »
    Trump is to blame for the tone of the campaign he has been running.

When you call for war crimes, and torture and mass deportations, and racial profiling, you can not go off and play victim when people protest your rallies.

Can you find a single instance where Sanders tells his supporters to go to Trump rallies and prevent him from speaking?

You can't because there isn't one. But that doesn't stop Trump from Lying about it, and then inciting his own supporters to shut down Sanders rallies.

Oh noes it's the tone police.

Anyone who has been paying attention knows that Black Lives Matter have incited people to assassinate police officers. This has nothing to do with Donald Trump. This pre-dates his campaign and is just an attempt to get publicity. It's also funded and condoned by George Soros who is known to pull funding from his groups when they do things he doesn't like, like protest in Israel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

His wall policy is what swung the island in his favour.

Bullsh1t. Trump is claiming that the protesters who disrupt his rallies are being directed by Sanders. It's standard Trumpism, to attack his opponents and make claims that aren't supported by any evidence.

He is now calling protesters 'Bernies people' and 'These are not good people folks' and 'they need to get a job'. He's deliberately riling up his supporters to hate these protesters. It's incredibly irresponsible.

Trump caused the protests himself by the incendiary things he says, and rather than try to calm down his supporters, he is now encouraging them to invade Sanders rallies to further heighten tensions and inflame things.

A few days ago, Trump made the blatantly false claim that Bernie is directing his supporters, to invade Trump events, and directly implied that his own supporters should go and invade Sanders' events.

What kinds of things would we see that would be 'unbelievable?' The guy's a nutcase, a dangerous one.

The words and actions of Donald Trump is on a trajectory that almost guarantees someone gets killed, and then all hell breaks loose.

Based on that quote he wasn't accusing Bernie directly. He was only saying that Bernie's people are being told to go, not necessarily by Bernie himself. There's no question that Bernie has the monopoly on radical left wing student activists. He should do more to persuade them to stop the violence. But it's more politically expedient for him to blame the "tone" of Trump's campaign.

He hasn't encouraged anyone, he has threatened to send them. Difference. You lie so freely about Donald Trump's statements all while calling him a liar.

Talking about his incendiary tone and claiming that Chicagoans stormed his event and assaulted police, fired guns in the air is because of the way he talks or because of his supporters is just utterly pathetic at this stage. Desperate times call for desperate lies.

"We want Trump to be responsible when his supporters commit violence. We also want Trump to be responsible when his opponents commit violence. We'll say his tone has made everyone violent." < Your argument in a nutshell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

walshyn93 wrote: »
    Based on that quote he wasn't accusing Bernie directly. He was only saying that Bernie's people are being told to go, not necessarily by Bernie himself. There's no question that Bernie has the monopoly on radical left wing student activists. He should do more to persuade them to stop the violence. But it's more politically expedient for him to blame the "tone" of Trump's campaign.
    The length of the logical loopholes that you are willing to jump through (seemingly unaware just how transparent it is to the rest of us) is nothing short of astounding. I wonder what the real reason you are willing to defend Trump to the hilt is?
    He hasn't encouraged anyone, he has threatened to send them. Difference. You lie so freely about Donald Trump's statements all while calling him a liar.
    Good thing his followers don't have a tendency to take his lead and go with it. You seem to have missed my earlier post, so I'll add this in here again.

Talking about his incendiary tone and claiming that Chicagoans stormed his event and assaulted police, fired guns in the air is because of the way he talks or because of his supporters is just utterly pathetic at this stage. Desperate times call for desperate lies.
    So now you're saying the riot never happened? Not surprising, next you'll be claiming it DID happen but only on the anti-Trump side with vampires and zombies amongst them, while the Trumpites held a candle lit vigil praying for their souls.
    "We want Trump to be responsible when his supporters commit violence. We also want Trump to be responsible when his opponents commit violence. We'll say his tone has made everyone violent." < Your argument in a nutshell.
    Weird isn't it, that telling people they can commit violence and you will cover their legal fees... leads to them committing violence? How very, very weird!!

• Advertisement

Billy86 wrote: »
    The length of the logical loopholes that you are willing to jump through (seemingly unaware just how transparent it is to the rest of us) is nothing short of astounding. I wonder what the real reason you are willing to defend Trump to the hilt is?

Good thing his followers don't have a tendency to take his lead and go with it. You seem to have missed my earlier post, so I'll add this in here again.

So now you're saying the riot never happened? Not surprising, next you'll be claiming it DID happen but only on the anti-Trump side with vampires and zombies amongst them, while the Trumpites held a candle lit vigil praying for their souls.

Weird isn't it, that telling people they can commit violence and you will cover their legal fees... leads to them committing violence? How very, very weird!!

Hang on. I said he hasn't yet encouraged anyone to go to Bernie's rallies, he has only threatened to. The video you posted to refute that doesn't even address this matter and predates the Chicago rally. What mental gymnastics are you using to connect the two. I won't address the rest of your post until you clarify this.

So now you're saying the riot never happened?

Where did I say that? Is it even worth responding to you when you lie so openly?

Hang on. I said he hasn't yet encouraged anyone to go to Bernie's rallies, he has only threatened to. The video you posted to refute that doesn't even address this matter and predates the Chicago rally. What mental gymnastics are you using to connect the two. I won't address the rest of your post until you clarify this.
    Because he wants people to do so, like he wanted people to attack protesters. But you were willing to lie about that outright claiming "He only talks about harming the ones who are throwing digs" when that isn't the case, just like other Trumpites have been lying by saying he never mentioned it, was misquoted, etc.

You've been caught out lying time and again on this thread, believe or not though when you ignore someone calling your lies and try to move on to another post... the rest of us can still see the post you ignored.

Here you go again.

Where did I say that? Is it even worth responding to you when you lie so openly?

So why were Trump fans violent in Chicago, along with the protesters?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,080 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I have considered asking you the same damn thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,080 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

"I didn't encourage anybody to kill her I just threatened to send hit men to her house"

So why were Trump fans violent in Chicago, along with the protesters?

Were they? Proof? You haven't addressed my original question. Are you willing to admit you deliberately lied by accusing me of denying there was a riot? Or did you innocently misread my post?

Because he wants people to do so, like he wanted people to attack protesters. But you were willing to lie about that outright claiming "He only talks about harming the ones who are throwing digs" when that isn't the case, just like other Trumpites have been lying by saying he never mentioned it, was misquoted, etc.

You've been caught out lying time and again on this thread, believe or not though when you ignore someone calling your lies and try to move on to another post... the rest of us can still see the post you ignored.

Here you go again.

If you replace "digs" with "tomatoes" it remains a true statement. If someone throws tomatoes at a person they deserve a few digs. we're not pacifists here.

Were they? Proof? You haven't addressed my original question. Are you willing to admit you deliberately lied by accusing me of denying there was a riot? Or did you innocently misread my post?
    So you acknowledge there was a riot? Excellent, that's a start at least. Now are willing to accept that the Trump supporters played a part in this riot and may have started it?

How come you have not answered this post, this post, or this post addressing your lies yet?

I will ask this of you for every post you make in this thread until you address them, since you like that tactic so much.

Trump never promised to pay the legal bills of BLM protesters. The violence was clearly not started by Trump supporters. There is ample video evidence from CNN. It was played on a loop and showed BLM and Moveon.org people throwing digs at Trump supporters. Not a single bit of video evidence exists of Trump supporters throwing punches at the Chicago rally. The idea that they were, so far, looks like a total media fabrication gleefully repeated by the anti-Trump brigade for political propaganda purposes. Whenever you demand evidence that Trump supporters were initiating violence in Chicago the response is always to point to Trump's tone. Never any hard evidence.

If you replace "digs" with "tomatoes" it remains a true statement. If someone throws tomatoes at a person they deserve a few digs. we're not pacifists here.
    This is the weakest yet. Because a tomato in the face is the exact same as a punch in the face. You're beyond self-parody at this stage, and amazingly you seem to be the only one unaware of it.

If you want me to respond to all of your posts put them in paragraph form so I don't have to respond sentence by sentence.

In the above paragraph you're accusing me of logical loopholes when I say:

"Based on that quote he wasn't accusing Bernie directly. He was only saying that Bernie's people are being told to go, not necessarily by Bernie himself."

What I meant by that is that they were sent by George Soros' funded groups. That's not a logical loophole, I referred to Soros sending them before. Someone sent them anyway. I never said Bernie was responsible, in fact I already said earlier that I don't think he's responsible for the violence. He wouldn't risk crashing his campaign. But he has failed to disavow these groups in much the same way has Trump failed to disavow the KKK on CNN. Bernie could take away some of their legitimacy and support if he fully disavowed the specific groups, but he won't because he won't alienate his base.

This is the weakest yet. Because a tomato in the face is the exact same as a punch in the face. You're beyond self-parody at this stage, and amazingly you seem to be the only one unaware of it.

I never said it was the "exact same" as a punch. The strawmen just pour out of you don't they. I'm saying that I didn't speak with a legalistic level of accuracy and could have easily said that Trump has only encouraged supporters to rough up protesters who use violence or intimidation against him or other supporters. Your video supports that argument.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭B_Wayne

Oh man, the George Soros conspiracies of him funding it all have begun? Wow!

B_Wayne wrote: »
    Oh man, the George Soros conspiracies of him funding it all have begun? Wow!

Yeah. It's pretty well known that George Soros funds Black Lives Matter and Moveon.org. He also supports Hillary which may explain why some of them carried Bernie signs.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/11/major-donors-consider-funding-black-lives-matter-215814

Let's dispel this fiction that George Soros doesn't know what he's doing. He knows exactly what he's doing...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

Has there been a single American flag burnt by any of the anti trump protesters?

In the metaphorical sense, yes. Their behaviour is reprehensible; completely at odds with what the country stands for. They're only succeeding in polarising opinions.

Trump never promised to pay the legal bills of BLM protesters.
    He promised to pay the legal fees of his own supporters who attacked protesters, end of discussion.
    The violence was clearly not started by Trump supporters. There is ample video evidence from CNN.
    Post it, then.
    It was played on a loop and showed BLM and Moveon.org people throwing digs at Trump supporters.
    So you don't have any video of protesters starting the violence, only videos of when the violence was well underway. Or do you?
    Not a single bit of video evidence exists of Trump supporters throwing punches at the Chicago rally.
    31 were arrested, are you suggesting these were all protesters?

I put 'Trump Chicago fight' into youtube... this is the very first video that came up. I assume both must be protesters, especially the white guy with the American flag wrapped around him who has the black guy in a headlock from the very start of the video?

And hey, it's not like there are priors or anything...

This is the problem with the internet, it's way too easy to call people on their lies.
    The idea that they were, so far, looks like a total media fabrication gleefully repeated by the anti-Trump brigade for political propaganda purposes.
    Yep, everyone else in the room is crazy. Only the Trump fans are sane. There's a saying about that, actually...
    Whenever you demand evidence that Trump supporters were initiating violence in Chicago the response is always to point to Trump's tone. Never any hard evidence.
    Apart from all the evidence you willfully ignore.

How come you have not answered this post, this post, or this post addressing your lies yet?

Has there been a single American flag burnt by any of the anti trump protesters?

I have seen them drag it along the ground and stand on top of it as a form of protest. Burning it isn't beyond them but some states will arrest you for some arson related crime.

If you want me to respond to all of your posts put them in paragraph form so I don't have to respond sentence by sentence.

In the above paragraph you're accusing me of logical loopholes when I say:

"Based on that quote he wasn't accusing Bernie directly. He was only saying that Bernie's people are being told to go, not necessarily by Bernie himself."
    When every single sentence of some of your posts are lies, they deserve to be broken down as such.
    What I meant by that is that they were sent by George Soros' funded groups. That's not a logical loophole, I referred to Soros sending them before. Someone sent them anyway.
    That is the very definition of a logical loophole. They are activist groups... had it ever occurred to you that minority activist groups might partake in activities related to minorities?

And if George Soros is so strongly behind Sanders, why did he donate $7mn to Hillary Clinton's campaign? So many logical flaws...
    I never said Bernie was responsible, in fact I already said earlier that I don't think he's responsible for the violence. He wouldn't risk crashing his campaign.
    You keep referring to them as 'Bernies people' and saying those around Bernie must be behind it, with zero evidence of the sort.
    But he has failed to disavow these groups in much the same way has Trump failed to disavow the KKK on CNN. Bernie could take away some of their legitimacy and support if he fully disavowed the specific groups, but he won't because he won't alienate his base.
    Sanders isn't fueling any fires, Trump's modus operandi is fueling fires, particularly racial and religious ones. It's very, very basic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,474 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Overheal wrote: »
    "I didn't encourage anybody to kill her I just threatened to send hit men to her house"

I didn't tell my henchmen to kill him, i told them to take care of her

He promised to pay the legal fees of his own supporters who attacked protesters, end of discussion.

Post it, then.

So you don't have any video of protesters starting the violence, only videos of when the violence was well underway. Or do you?

31 were arrested, are you suggesting these were all protesters?

I put 'Trump Chicago fight' into youtube... this is the very first video that came up. I assume both must be protesters, especially the white guy with the American flag wrapped around him who has the black guy in a headlock from the very start of the video?

And hey, it's not like there are priors or anything...

This is the problem with the internet, it's way too easy to call people on their lies.

Yep, everyone else in the room is crazy. Only the Trump fans are sane. There's a saying about that, actually...

Apart from all the evidence you willfully ignore.

While you're at it, put "assassinate Trump" into Twitter and see what you get. I never saw that video of the guy in the cowbow hat. I haven't seen every single bit of footage from a Trump rally that doesn't make me a liar. That video of the headlock doesn't show who has who in the headlock or who initiated it, but it does show the black guy throwing punches.

But all of this is irrelevant since the protesters have no right to protest inside the building and if private citizens choose to use force (distinct from violence) to remove them from the building they're legally entitled to do that. That Chicago video is one of the few shown on CNN that I mentioned. The others are the footage of the cop with blood pouring down his face.
    Some which didn't get on CNN involve protesters standing in front of an ambulance giving the finger to the driver as he honks the horn and uses the siren. Another showing someone say "F--- Trump" then firing a Mac-10 in the air. Trump is not responsible for the violence in Chicago.

I've already responded to the parts of your posts I thought were worth responding to. Don't be a broken record.

And if George Soros is so strongly behind Sanders, why did he donate $7mn to Hillary Clinton's campaign? So many logical flaws...

Dirty stinking lies. I'm sick of you.
    Yeah. It's pretty well known that George Soros funds Black Lives Matter and Moveon.org. He also supports Hillary which may explain why some of them carried Bernie signs.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/11/major-donors-consider-funding-black-lives-matter-215814

Let's dispel this fiction that George Soros doesn't know what he's doing. He knows exactly what he's doing...

I never said it was the "exact same" as a punch.
    Ok, let's take a look shall we...
    He only talks about harming the ones who are throwing digs, there's been more of those lately.
    (video of Trump encouraging violence against people with tomatoes)

Of course you never said the same thing! I don't know if you think everyone else is incredibly stupid enough to actually buy such clear lies, or of it's just the level you operate at yourself. Either way, it's just sad to watch. Almost funny, but really just sad.
    The strawmen just pour out of you don't they. I'm saying that I didn't speak with a legalistic level of accuracy and could have easily said that Trump has only encouraged supporters to rough up protesters who use violence or intimidation against him or other supporters. Your video supports that argument.
    Basically, you could have said something completely different to what you actually said... except you didn't.

I didn't tell my henchmen to kill him, i told them to take care of her

If Trump's supporters wanted to protest Bernie's rallies they'd have to take time off work.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Walshyn93 banned for one month for being uncivil and continuing to post below the standard of the forum.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement