Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 US Presidential Race - Mod Warning in OP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭JPNelsforearm

Kasich and Cruz unite to try and stump Trump

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/724568416338759680
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/724445148910915584

Just further feeds into Trumps status as the iconoclastic candidate up against vested interests.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,474 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

"We’ve been ramping up our efforts for months — from the ‘We Are Better Than This’ ad we helped organize in The New York Times in December, to our collective advocacy for refugees under attack from the GOP, to the support we provided students in Chicago last night by printing signs and a banner and recruiting MoveOn.org members to join their peaceful protest. We need to double-down in the face of direct attacks on our community.”
    “So here’s the plan: We’ll support MoveOn.org members to call out and nonviolently protest Trump’s racist, bigoted, misogynistic, xenophobic, and violent behavior — and show the world that America rejects Trump’s hate,” the email read. “And to keep it going, we’re counting on you to donate whatever you can to cover the costs of everything involved — the organizers, signs, online recruitment ads, training, and more
    .”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/mar/13/moveonorg-raising-funds-from-trump-protests-warns-/
    Nowhere in there does it say that move on or George Soros are paying for people to attend protests.

Is it because they used the word 'recruiting'?
    You can recruit volunteers without paying them a penny.

They're looking for donations to cover the costs of organising the protests.

That's pretty much like every single grassroots protest. You're claiming that George Soros is using his personal wealth to pay people to protest against Trump (and this somehow involves Sanders)

Akrasia wrote: »
    Nowhere in there does it say that move on or George Soros are paying for people to attend protests.

Is it because they used the word 'recruiting'?
    You can recruit volunteers without paying them a penny.

They're looking for donations to cover the costs of organising the protests.

That's pretty much like every single grassroots protest. You're claiming that George Soros is using his personal wealth to pay people to protest against Trump (and this somehow involves Sanders)

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/265526-moveon-endorses-bernie-sanders Move on Endorses Sanders, thats how it involves him, or rather, relates to him.

Well, they say "cover the cost" "recruit" etc, implies that people are being paid at minimum at an organisational level. The entire thing is artificial. Professional protesters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/265526-moveon-endorses-bernie-sanders Move on Endorses Sanders, thats how it involves him, or rather, relates to him.

Well, they say "cover the cost" "recruit" etc, implies that people are being paid at minimum at an organisational level. The entire thing is artificial. Professional protesters.
    I had coffee yesterday morning, and pizza last night, the cost of which came from my own wallet.

Does this imply that I bought the ingredients and made my own coffee and pizza, or that I paid someone to make the coffee and pizza for me? Or does it imply that I made the coffee and paid for the pizza? Or that I paid for the coffee and made the pizza?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

There may be many variations of this theme to "cover the cost" that "implies that people are being paid" for support by presidential candidates? For example: "Donald J. Trump said on Sunday that he would look into paying the legal fees of a man who was accused of sucker-punching a protester at one of Mr. Trump’s rallies last week, directly contradicting his claim that he does not condone violence by his backers."

• Advertisement

Billy86 wrote: »
    I had coffee yesterday morning, and pizza last night, the cost of which came from my own wallet.

Does this imply that I bought the ingredients and made my own coffee and pizza, or that I paid someone to make the coffee and pizza for me? Or does it imply that I made the coffee and paid for the pizza? Or that I paid for the coffee and made the pizza?
    None of the above.

"cover the costs of everything involved — the organizers, signs, online recruitment ads, training, and more.

"Move on" paid organizers who recruited and possibly paid(not enough evidence either way, though they have a history of it http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/may/19/hired-black-lives-matter-protesters-start-cutthech/) and trained protesters and armed them with signs to target Trump.

Paid leftist agitators are nothing new. Look at Europe, Soros funded open border leftists are ensconced at every level, grassroots agitation, academic and NGO level, even political, all sucking from the Open Society teat.

Black Swan wrote: »
    There may be many variations of this theme to "cover the cost" that "implies that people are being paid" for support by presidential candidates? For example: "Donald J. Trump said on Sunday that he would look into paying the legal fees of a man who was accused of sucker-punching a protester at one of Mr. Trump’s rallies last week, directly contradicting his claim that he does not condone violence by his backers."

I'd say it was an example of his honest opinion related to that one instance, the withdrawal/denial of said remark was due to his political advisers collectively ****ting themselves. I dont see what that has to do with the original topic though?

None of the above.

"cover the costs of everything involved — the organizers, signs, online recruitment ads, training, and more.

"Move on" paid organizers who recruited and possibly paid(not enough evidence either way, though they have a history of it http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/may/19/hired-black-lives-matter-protesters-start-cutthech/) and trained protesters and armed them with signs to target Trump.
    Paying recruiters is not paying protesters. Making that equation is like saying paying canvassers and campaign staff is the same as bribing people for their votes.

By your same logic, the fact that I have paid to eat pizza out before, and have paid to get coffee out as well, would mean that it would be reasonable to assume I went to a cafe for my coffee and a restaurant for my pizza yesterday. Unless you want to believe the opposite, in which case the fact that I have made my own coffee and made my own pizza before means that it would be reasonable to assume I made both at home, rather than eating out.
    Paid leftist agitators are nothing new. Look at Europe, Soros funded open border leftists are ensconced at every level, grassroots agitation, academic and NGO level, even political, all sucking from the Open Society teat.
    Same question as before - do you have reputable and verifiable links proving this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Seems like Kasich and Cruz are teaming up. Don't foresee it having a massive impact. Will be interesting to see how Tuesday goes.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-36132723

Same question as before - do you have reputable and verifiable links proving this?

Its too broad an issue to cover in a single post, it really deserves its own thread. Just taking Ireland as an example. The majority of sociology/anti racism/mass immigration quangos/research bodies/lobby groups are funded by George Soros Open societies(or affiliated body) to promote open borders, end free speech and mass immigration in Ireland. Google open society+ *refugee quango name*/sociology project/immigration/anti racism Ireland.

Here are the three big ones.

NASC
    http://www.nascireland.org/about/our-funders/

ENAR
    http://enarireland.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/ENAR-Ireland-Shadow-Report-2011-12.pdf

Immigrant council of Ireland
    http://immigrantcouncil.ie/files/publications/e9837-islamfinal.pdf

Community Foundation for Ireland is also part funded by Soros.

There are tonnes of their own press releases/websites verifying the link between foreign benefactor and local self hating leftists advocating for open borders.
    Im not going to derail the thread on this, its off topic and if you care its not hard to find the info, its not exactly a secret.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,045 ✭✭✭Christy42

Seems like Kasich and Cruz are teaming up. Don't foresee it having a massive impact. Will be interesting to see how Tuesday goes.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-36132723

It could have a massive impact. Kasich and Cruz have taken most of the votes from others dropping out. Trump has stayed relatively static right throughout inspite of decreasing numbers of competitors. It really looks like he would seriously struggle against a single candidate.

Plus it turns Indiana into an anti -Trump referendum of sorts. If Trump loses it then the party leaders can easily say that the voters want anyone but Trump and put forward whoever they want in November.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Anyone predicting anything other than 5/5 for the Donald tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Paleface

If Cruz and Kasich are teaming up now surely this has major implications for how the convention will play out.

Will one instruct their delegates to pledge for the other and if so who pledges for who in order to beat Trump?

If one of them were to win the nomination are they obliged to take the other along as VP?

Where do Rubio's delegates come into all this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

I imagine Rubio's delegates will pledge to the new Tea Party Cruz/Kasich nexus.

ABT is in effect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Anyone predicting anything other than 5/5 for the Donald tonight?

It looks like it.

There were some polls done over the weekend and yesterday, Trump is 20+pts ahead in all 5 states.

So.... I think we can call that a lock.
    But who knows, perhaps the Cruz/Kasich alliance will work, though perhaps it's too early to tell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Christy42 wrote: »
    It could have a massive impact. Kasich and Cruz have taken most of the votes from others dropping out. Trump has stayed relatively static right throughout inspite of decreasing numbers of competitors. It really looks like he would seriously struggle against a single candidate.

Plus it turns Indiana into an anti -Trump referendum of sorts. If Trump loses it then the party leaders can easily say that the voters want anyone but Trump and put forward whoever they want in November.

Trump has a lot of support among Independents but as we know they are not allowed vote in Republican primaries as they are not registered. Even so like what happened with Gore V Bush in Florida the popular candidate did not win the est candidate had the entire party to rally behind him. A lot of Republicans will be alienated if it seen that Trump is cheated out of the nomination.

KingBrian2 wrote: »
    Trump has a lot of support among Independents but as we know they are not allowed vote in Republican primaries as they are not registered. Even so like what happened with Gore V Bush in Florida the popular candidate did not win the est candidate had the entire party to rally behind him. A lot of Republicans will be alienated if it seen that Trump is cheated out of the nomination.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/donald-trump-is-really-unpopular-with-general-election-voters/

He really, really isn't popular amongst independents. I mean he is a walking disaster amongst them.

I do love his victim act though. How many delegates did he win in New York? What percentage of the votes did he get? The rules favour him.
    http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/trumps-right-that-the-gop-primary-is-unfair-it-favors-him/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Rjd2 wrote: »

It is incredible how in American emigrants who leave are dismissed or belittled whereas over here emigrants who leave are respected and cherished. Goes to show the mindsets that separates Americans from Irish people. Not trying to be insulting but saying how I see it. Trumps comments there are juvenile. Fox is full of juvenile delinquents.

It is incredible how in American emigrants who leave are dismissed or belittled whereas over here emigrants who leave are respected and cherished. Goes to show the mindsets that separates Americans from Irish people. Not trying to be insulting but saying how I see it. Trumps comments there are juvenile. Fox is full of juvenile delinquents.

Well, its true, you are talking about talentless hacks who have become millionaires due to the American system and they talk of leaving, "because the US is sooo awful":o, generally people emigrate due to being hampered or held back by the system in their native country....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I can see your point, but the likes of Durham, Goldberg and other celebs have slaughtered Trump in interviews, can you say anything more insulting to someone running for president that you'd emigrate if they win?

Its a childish response from Trump I suppose, but I don't really blame him for it tbh.

I am biased though, Durham is someone I don't like though:pac:

Well, its true, you are talking about talentless hacks who have become millionaires due to the American system and they talk of leaving, "because the US is sooo awful":o, generally people emigrate due to being hampered or held back by the system in their native country....

America has a rich celebrity culture always will. Those people Fox News waffles about are immensely talented and popular among millions of Americans whereas politicians are very unlikely to be loved by the public.

Its too broad an issue to cover in a single post, it really deserves its own thread. Just taking Ireland as an example. The majority of sociology/anti racism/mass immigration quangos/research bodies/lobby groups are funded by George Soros Open societies(or affiliated body) to promote open borders, end free speech and mass immigration in Ireland. Google open society+ *refugee quango name*/sociology project/immigration/anti racism Ireland.

Here are the three big ones.

NASC
    http://www.nascireland.org/about/our-funders/

ENAR
    http://enarireland.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/ENAR-Ireland-Shadow-Report-2011-12.pdf

Immigrant council of Ireland
    http://immigrantcouncil.ie/files/publications/e9837-islamfinal.pdf

Community Foundation for Ireland is also part funded by Soros.

There are tonnes of their own press releases/websites verifying the link between foreign benefactor and local self hating leftists advocating for open borders.
    Im not going to derail the thread on this, its off topic and if you care its not hard to find the info, its not exactly a secret.

I don't see your point here, to be honest. These are links to NASC who help with human rights and integration, an article speaking out against Islamophobia, and a report against racism. All I can take from that is that you're not a fan of not being allowed to be a racist as publicly as people could in the past. There is nothing there to show them paying protesters, or anything of the sort. Soros clearly believes in the issues he believes in, and hates things like racism, and does not seem to be making any effort to hide his donations to the likes of the above to raise awareness.

Quite how you have jumped to the conclusion that he is clearly "paying for protesters and leftist rent a mobs to appear in person at various protests" is beyond being beyond me. I read this today actually, which kind of sums up what I'm saying about how you can view whatever evidence to mean whatever you want, so long as you try hard enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

This Cruz-Kasich team up seems to be blowing up in their faces nicely, havent heard a good word said about it, just condemnation and ridicule across the board.

Thargor wrote: »
    This Cruz-Kasich team up seems to be blowing up in their faces nicely, havent heard a good word said about it, just condemnation and ridicule across the board.

I think it's a strong statement that if Trump does not hit 1,237 he will not be given the nomination, full stop, no matter what. And funny enough, I think if anything, that is likely to mobilise would-be Trump voters quite a bit more.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Mod note:

Celebrities and Trump exchanging insults is just about politicial debate.

Going on to discuss those celebrities careers is not really on topic.

I don't see your point here, to be honest. These are links to NASC who help with human rights and integration, an article speaking out against Islamophobia, and a report against racism. All I can take from that is that you're not a fan of not being allowed to be a racist as publicly as people could in the past. There is nothing there to show them paying protesters, or anything of the sort. Soros clearly believes in the issues he believes in, and hates things like racism, and does not seem to be making any effort to hide his donations to the likes of the above to raise awareness.

Quite how you have jumped to the conclusion that he is clearly "paying for protesters and leftist rent a mobs to appear in person at various protests" is beyond being beyond me. I read this today actually, which kind of sums up what I'm saying about how you can view whatever evidence to mean whatever you want, so long as you try hard enough.
    If you go into the links you will see they are funded by George Soros. That was why I linked them, the three biggest open borders/refugee groups in Ireland are funded by Open societies.

Im not a fan of rights being eroded in the name of multiculturalism and the implementation of a victim hierarchy and two tier justice system. Not to mention all these groups are actively engaged in lobbying for open borders, in essence they are a fifth column within society, but yeah, what I really want is to go around being racist for no reason and shouting racist insults, just because...:rolleyes:

I didnt say in Ireland, I said George Soros open society organisation move-on.org has paid and organised protests against Trump. I posted why a few pages back. That you dont think an email from said organisation admitting to making payments in good enough, fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Clean sweep for Trump in all 5 States!!!!!!! Cruz in the low teens, placing 3rd :) A beautiful day!

Looks like Bernie won Delaware, that makes this round a win for him.

• Advertisement

Looks like Bernie won Delaware, that makes this round a win for him.

You mean the evening that saw him admit he has no hope at this point? I mean I know he was in this for more than the nomination but I still hardly feel he will look back on today as a good day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement