Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 US Presidential Race - Mod Warning in OP

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,815 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

The only thing more astonishing than the fact that a presidential candidate's primary mode of discourse is name-calling is that there are apparently grown adults who think that it's one of his more admirable qualities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Pocahontas Warren, dont know whether to laugh or cry feels like the twilight zone. Although I am of the impression that to become president is an ego thing for him, (if not for most) and that he just knows what to do to get there. I dont think he'll be a maniac if elected (any more than most)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Brian? wrote: »
    I tried to let it go, but I couldn't. You're getting information from a source that can't even spell thieves properly.

It's on purpose, but I will pass on your inability to let it go , so know you've been heard ;)

Ps: It's a Livestream channel covering real time events. An excellent riot/protest watch resource.

And congratulations to Donald Trump! He is over the required 1237 delegates with the multi-State June 7th contests still to come, can't wait to see what the final tally will be!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭JPNelsforearm

Trump sticks the boot into Huffpo again. How can you not love the guy, telling liberal journos to their face that they are a joke.

Here is the Pochahontas reference from earlier, it refers to Elizabeth Warren pretending to be a Native American to avail of special scholarships reserved for Americas true downtrodden and neglected minority.

Full press confrence for anyone who wants is.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icYJ1PC-DKg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,336 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

He's dead right to go after Warren like that.

She falsely claimed native American heritage to get a high ranking university position.

She is lucky to be in a liberal state like MA, nationally she would and should be eaten alive.

• Advertisement

oscarBravo wrote: »
    The only thing more astonishing than the fact that a presidential candidate's primary mode of discourse is name-calling is that there are apparently grown adults who think that it's one of his more admirable qualities.

If only for the reaction it elicits from the earnest luvvies that abound in modern society.

"Thats offensive, thats offensive, thats very offensive, sorr-eeeee"

:rolleyes:

Trump is right not to pander to these people.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

If only for the reaction it elicits from the earnest luvvies that abound in modern society.

"Thats offensive, thats offensive, thats very offensive, sorr-eeeee"

:rolleyes:

Trump is right not to pander to these people.

Instead he panders to people who enjoy name calling and school yard bully tactics. You think that's OK?

He has absolutely every right to go after Warren if she lied. But the name calling is disgraceful.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭ebbsy

A debate with Sanders would be interesting but may not happen.

I could see Trump holding back a bit, giving Sanders some more ammo to fire at Hillary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

ebbsy wrote: »
    A debate with Sanders would be interesting but may not happen.

I could see Trump holding back a bit, giving Sanders some more ammo to fire at Hillary.

Jeff Weaver (Sanders' campaign manager) has been watching Back to the future, and has essentially double dared Trump to have the debate 'unless he's chicken' (paraphrase)
    http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/videos/2016-05-26/jeff-weaver-on-debate-we-hope-trump-doesn-t-chicken-out

If Trump was half as clever as he thinks he is, he would have immediately responded with the quote "Nobody calls me chicken"

Instead he panders to people who enjoy name calling and school yard bully tactics. You think that's OK?

He has absolutely every right to go after Warren if she lied. But the name calling is disgraceful.

Mockery of failed lying politicians like Warren is neither name calling nor "school yard bully tactics", its been going on in politics longer than Trump has been on this planet.
    Why should he have to pretend to be nice? So as to not offend the easily offended? What he said was innocuous, its an indictment of society that you'd consider it "disgraceful".

• Advertisement

Hardly disgraceful, it's just accurate (and entertaining, lol). And she is a liar:

Elizabeth Warren’s Cherokee Problem is back

http://legalinsurrection.com/2016/03/elizabeth-warrens-cherokee-problem-is-back/

Mockery of failed lying politicians like Warren is neither name calling nor "school yard bully tactics", its been going on in politics longer than Trump has been on this planet.
    Why should he have to pretend to be nice? So as to not offend the easily offended? What he said was innocuous, its an indictment of society that you'd consider it "disgraceful".

It's disgraceful because he's not a 6 year old school bully, he's running for President of the United States. Fine, call her a liar but this nonsense is disgraceful

they/them/theirs

Amazingfun wrote: »
    Hardly disgraceful, it's just accurate (and entertaining, lol). And she is a liar:

Elizabeth Warren’s Cherokee Problem is back

http://legalinsurrection.com/2016/03/elizabeth-warrens-cherokee-problem-is-back/

I'm happy for you if you're entertained by purile name calling. This mentality made Rush Limbaugh, Anne Coulter et al millions and now it's going to give us president Trump.

Let's mock and jeer everyone we disagree with. Mature discourse is for wimps. Loads of rolleye faces

they/them/theirs

It's disgraceful because he's not a 6 year old school bully, he's running for President of the United States. Fine, call her a liar but this nonsense is disgraceful

dis·grace·ful
    disˈɡrāsfəl/
    adjective
    shockingly unacceptable.
    "a disgraceful waste of money"

synonyms: shameful, shocking, scandalous, deplorable, despicable, contemptible, beyond contempt, beyond the pale, dishonorable, discreditable, reprehensible, base, mean, low, blameworthy, unworthy, ignoble, shabby, inglorious, outrageous, abominable, atrocious, appalling, dreadful, terrible, disgusting, shameless, vile, odious, monstrous, heinous, iniquitous, unspeakable, loathsome, sordid, nefarious;
    "they caught Warren's disgraceful behavior on videotape"

I google the definition of disgraceful, and it has the name Warren IN the actual definition as an example, LOL.

Seriously, what she has done is the very essence of "pandering" and is in fact outright fraud since she listed herself as a "minority" at various institutions. THAT is "disgraceful", not someone finally holding her to account for it.

I google the definition of disgraceful, and it has the name Warren IN the actual definition as an example, LOL.

Seriously, what she has done is the very essence of "pandering" and is in fact outright fraud since she listed herself as a "minority" at various institutions. THAT is "disgraceful", not someone finally holding her to account for it.

Am I standing up for Warren? No, I am not. Quit the whatabouterry and actually read my posts.

Trump is a disgrace for his constant name calling. I'm happy for you if you find it entertaining.

they/them/theirs

Am I standing up for Warren? No, I am not. Quit the whatabouterry and actually read my posts.

Trump is a disgrace for his constant name calling. I'm happy for you if you find it entertaining.

I read your posts and am clear on your continued "outrage".

I am conveying to you my impression that your outage is very misplaced.

Fraud is a far more "outrage worthy" issue than someone being called Pochahantas,( I prefer Fauxcahantas) lol, which in this instance is hilarious, since it fits her and her ridiculous carry on so perfectly.

I read your posts and am clear on your continued "outrage".

I am conveying to you my impression that your outage is very misplaced.

Fraud is a far more "outrage worthy" issue than someone being called Pochahantas,( I prefer Fauxcahantas) lol, which in this instance is hilarious, since it fits her and her ridiculous carry on so perfectly.

Whatabouterry again. I'm not defending Warren.

I'm not "outraged". I'm disappointed that this childish name calling is actually increasing Trumps popularity.

You think calling her names is hilarious? How about having a mature debate on issues instead? Or are you as incapable of that as your hero?

they/them/theirs

Whatabouterry again. I'm not defending Warren.

I'm not "outraged". I'm disappointed that this childish name calling is actually increasing Trumps popularity.

You think calling her names is hilarious? How about having a mature debate on issues instead? Or are you as incapable of that as your hero?

I already posted the definition of the word disgraceful, a word you have repeatedly used in relation to this trivial incident. This implies you are outraged, imo.

And there is nothing to debate on this.
    It's clear you don't like Trump, and you don't like how he goes after his opponents and attackers. I love Trump, find his style effective and refreshing. End of, really.

I already posted the definition of the word disgraceful, a word you have repeatedly used in relation to this trivial incident. This implies you are outraged, imo.

My level of outrage is pretty irrelevant. School yard bully tactics from a man running for POTUS are disgraceful.

And there is nothing to debate on this.
    It's clear you don't like Trump, and you don't like how he goes after his opponents and attackers. I love Trump, find his style effective and refreshing. End of, really.

I'm not asking you to debate Trumps style. We've both made our minds up on it and you're wrong.

I want a mature debate on the issues. Here, in this thread. Can you do that instead of posting sycophantic videos of Trump?

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

The debates should be fun, Hillary will start throwing a few insults as well, great craic. Might as well just go full spitting image and just put 2 dummies up.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement

My level of outrage is pretty irrelevant. School yard bully tactics from a man running for POTUS are disgraceful.

I'm not asking you to debate Trumps style. We've both made our minds up on it and you're wrong.
    I want a mature debate on the issues. Here, in this thread. Can you do that instead of posting sycophantic videos of Trump?

"you're wrong" :D

And I didn't post "sycophantic" videos of Trump. I posted a video of actual Cherokee's smashing Warren's pathetic narrative to smithereens.

K-9 wrote: »
    The debates should be fun, Hillary will start throwing a few insults as well, great craic. Might as well just go full spitting image and just put 2 dummies up.

That has always been the case, Trump has just shown the system up for what it is. I hope he insults his way to the presidency, end the delusions people have about politics and democracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

@ 25/1 I'm thinking Joe Biden for the Democratic nominee is worth a look.

I realise he hasnt been a lifelong Democrat I find it interesting that the DNC havent politely asked Bernie Sanders to step aside so that Hillary can have a clear run to November - do they want it to go to the convention?

Trump doesn't care whether she was lying or not. He just found an angle of attack. Remember Trump was a proud leader of the Birther movement.

Anyway, the real news this week is that Trump's energy policy would be an absolute catastrophe for the environment and is a form of intergenerational tyranny. He is happy to screw our children, and our species for a short term profit. The man is a monster

What's confusing me, is that you felt the need to look up the definition of disgraceful 😕

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭eire4

@ 25/1 I'm thinking Joe Biden for the Democratic nominee is worth a look.

I realise he hasnt been a lifelong Democrat I find it interesting that the DNC havent politely asked Bernie Sanders to step aside so that Hillary can have a clear run to November - do they want it to go to the convention?

I would be shocked if they have not done just that more then once and been told where to go with that by the Sanders campaign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Akrasia wrote: »
    Trump doesn't care whether she was lying or not. He just found an angle of attack. Remember Trump was a proud leader of the Birther movement.

Anyway, the real news this week is that Trump's energy policy would be an absolute catastrophe for the environment and is a form of intergenerational tyranny. He is happy to screw our children, and our species for a short term profit. The man is a monster

A lot of big business is against any and all attempts as conservation. The previous GOP was as bad in practice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Indeed, it's the Government intervention that puts them off really, that's the basis of the GOP/Conservative belief on climate change so they start from there.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

K-9 wrote: »
    Indeed, it's the Government intervention that puts them off really, that's the basis of the GOP/Conservative belief on climate change so they start from there.

Not just climate change. Despite dire warnings from the Centre For Disease Control (CDC) republicans in Congress just went on break without any decision on funding for the coming Zika epidemic .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭B_Wayne

She's a pretty accomplished politician, so far from failed. Trump on the other hand hasn't had any political career up until now and has primarily courted controversy via making racist and existing remarks, not had one position that remains semi consistent. Praising name calling, alas I have grown beyond that....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement