Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 US Presidential Race - Mod Warning in OP

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭Amerika

They at least managed to gather the necessary tools to kill Obama. They were already one step ahead of this guy. Common sense around guns may be in short supply in America but at least they have prepared for the inevitable event of a person trying to grab a cops gun.

The trump supporters will go back to their dank maymays nobody will care in a week.
    I would be interested in reading about them from the underground bunker of my dank maymay. :) Do you have links?

Well, right on cue Politico comes out with their character hit piece on former agent Gary Byrne.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/hillary-bill-clinton-secret-service-224578

“The author of a new tell-all book about Hillary Clinton could never have seen any of what he claims — he was too low-ranking — say several high-level members of Secret Service presidential details, including the president of the Association of Former Agents of the United States Secret Service.”

Politico: *** Names? We don’t need no stinkin' names! ***

Funny, isn’t it, that no mention at all in the piece from others (with actual names) who have written of similar experiences with the Clintons' while they were in the White House. And even more interesting is no mention in the piece that it was primarily agent Gary Byrne who raised concerns in the Secret Service about Monica Lewinsky visiting the Oval Office area at times she was not authorized to be there and her visiting the West Wing after business hours, which led to her transfer to the Pentagon? Hmmm… I guess he was wrong about what he saw and what was happening then, also? LOL.

I wonder if Politico now gets extra special access to the Clinton campaign for their reporting?

But no media bias here... Nothing to see, please more along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Here's a name - the AFAUSSS.

The AFAUSS is an official body - The Association of Former Agents US Secret Service.

Here is their website - https://www.oldstar.org/

Here is their comment:
    On Tuesday, AFAUSSS, which is strictly nonpartisan, is set to release a statement blasting Gary Byrne author of “Crisis in Character,” saying members “strongly denounce” the book, which they add has made security harder by eroding the trust between agents and the people they protect.
    Story Continued Below

“There is no place for any self-moralizing narratives, particularly those with an underlying motive,” reads the statement from the group’s board of directors, which says Byrne has politics and profit on his mind.

Here's another name - Jan Gilhooly, the AFAUSSS president.
    “Operationally, one who has the working knowledge of how things are done there would realize that certain of those [Gary Byrne's] statements do not coincide with the operational plan,” said Jan Gilhooly, AFAUSSS president and a 29-year Secret Service veteran.

“One must question the veracity and content of any book which implies that its author played such an integral part of so many [claimed] incidents. Any critique of management by one who has never managed personnel or programs resounds hollow. Additionally, why would an employee wait in excess of ten years after terminating his employment with the Service to make his allegations public?”

“There could be a circumstance where a uniformed officer might be in the proximity. It’s not as if it never happens,” Gilhooly said. “It is possible, but not on a continuum.”

“Did Gary Byrne hear an anecdotal story being told by a couple of agents? Maybe. But did Gary Byrne see it the way he’s purporting to have seen it? No way. That’s a lifetime worth of events this individual saw in a very short amount of time,” the former supervisor said. “If any of the things he says happened did happen, it was told to him by a third party.”

“Did Gary Byrne hear an anecdotal story being told by a couple of agents? Maybe. But did Gary Byrne see it the way he’s purporting to have seen it? No way. That’s a lifetime worth of events this individual saw in a very short amount of time,” the former supervisor said. “If any of the things he says happened did happen, it was told to him by a third party.”

It should be pre-emptively mentioned at this point that Gilhooly rose to prominence under Reagan and later Bush Sr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

They at least managed to gather the necessary tools to kill Obama. They were already one step ahead of this guy. Common sense around guns may be in short supply in America but at least they have prepared for the inevitable event of a person trying to grab a cops gun.

The trump supporters will go back to their dank maymays nobody will care in a week.

The anti Trump protestors have not distinguished themselves very well either. They resort to their own name calling and insinuations.

Billy86 wrote: »
    Here's a name - the AFAUSSS.

Here's another name - Jan Gilhooly, the AFAUSSS president.

"Another name?" Where was the first?

Methinks Jan Gilhooly (was he in the Clinton White House at the time or not, and if not how can he comment on the matter?) is protecting a group of agents who apparently made lax security a practice. And his comments in the hit piece are negated by Huma Abedin herself in emails recovered on Hillary's private server, in which she discussed their trained Secret Service agent who let them slip out without security, and how hard it would be to train another agent.

• Advertisement

KingBrian2 wrote: »
    The anti Trump protestors have not distinguished themselves very well either. They resort to their own name calling and insinuations.

Not to mention that anti-Trump groups often descend into violence, mayhem and physical altercations at his rallies.

Amerika wrote: »
    "Another name?" Where was the first?
    The AFAUSSS, and Jan Gilhooly. Two names for two things.
    Methinks Jan Gilhooly (was he in the Clinton White House at the time or not, and if not how can he comment on the matter?) is protecting a group of agents, who apparently made lax security a practice.
    Methinks you are scrambling for any reason to not change your mind, and any reason to ignore the evidence put in front of you (as you did with the coverage of the Trump assassination story, and as you did with Trump claiming Obama may have had a role in the Orlando shooting). Methinks you are also treating this very immaturely, kind of like a teenager does with a football rivalry. Which would explain why you linked to an article that cited the official body of the AFAUSSS, and that also cited it's president, with quotes from both.

Methinks you are going out of your way to be disingenuous and dishonest, basically. And methinks you know it but don't care. Which is why you ask if he was in the White House during the Clinton's time, when the article you linked to explicitly says he was.

Methinks it's quite apparent you didn't even read the article that you brought up.
    And his comments in the hit piece arae negated by Huma Abedin herself in emails recovered on Hillary's private server, in which she discussed their trained Secret Service agent who let them slip out without security, and how hard it would be to train another agent.
    I would be interested to see these, and which comments they negate.

The AFAUSSS, and Jan Gilhooly. Two names for two things.
    Billy, Billy, Billy... AFAUSSS is an organization, not a name.

Methinks you are scrambling for any reason to not change your mind, and any reason to ignore the evidence put in front of you (as you did with the coverage of the Trump assassination story, and as you did with Trump claiming Obama may have had a role in the Orlando shooting). Methinks you are also treating this very immaturely, kind of like a teenager does with a football rivalry. Which would explain why you linked to an article that cited the official body of the AFAUSSS, and that also cited it's president, with quotes from both.

Methinks you are going out of your way to be disingenuous and dishonest, basically. And methinks you know it but don't care. Which is why you ask if he was in the White House during the Clinton's time, when the article you linked to explicitly says he was.

Methinks it's quite apparent you didn't even read the article that you brought up.
    I honestly must have missed that... Where in the article was it noted that Gilhooly served in the Clinton White House with the Secret Service?

(But I am a staunch New York Jets fan. :))
    I would be interested to see these, and which comments they negate.
    http://www.politico.com/story/2015/10/hillary-clinton-huma-abedin-cheryl-mills-email-215404

Apparently things were not what they seem from what Gilhooly and unnamed other people would have us believe.

Billy, Billy, Billy... AFAUSSS is an organization, not a name.
    Complete this sentence: The Association of Former Agents US Secret Service is the ____ of the body for former secret service agents.
    I honestly must have missed that, where in the article was it noted that Gilhooly served in the Clinton White House in the Secret Service?
    Click on the link that you claim to have read. And read it.
    http://www.politico.com/story/2015/10/hillary-clinton-huma-abedin-cheryl-mills-email-215404

Apparently things were not what they seem from what Gilhooly and unnamed other people would have us believe.
    Actually no, apparently your link does not seem to say what you think it does. At not point in that exchange does anyone even hint at any "Secret Service agent who let them slip out without security"

Sounds like something that got picked up at the back end of the Fox News --> Breitbart --> Drudge Report --> etc Chinese Whispers cycle, to be honest.

I'll ask again, do you have any trustworthy sources that actually say what you are claiming?

But hey, at least you know who killed the USFL! :p

Complete this sentence: The Association of Former Agents US Secret Service is the ____ of the body for former secret service agents.
    It's okay... we'll let your "a little birdie told me" argument stand on it's own for what it is worth.
    Click on the link that you claim to have read. And read it.
    I read the link I provided several times. Alas, nowhere did I see where it was noted that Gilhooly served in the Clinton White House in the Secret Service

Actually no, apparently your link does not seem to say what you think it does. At not point in that exchange does anyone even hint at any "Secret Service agent who let them slip out without security"

Sounds like something that got picked up at the back end of the Fox News --> Breitbart --> Drudge Report --> etc Chinese Whispers cycle, to be honest.

I'll ask again, do you have any trustworthy sources that actually say what you are claiming?
    I disagree with your assessment. I guess the high road here would be to agree to disagree.
    But hey, at least you know who killed the USFL! :p
    The NY Jets killed the AFL. :)

Trump didn't kill the USFL. He won the USFL court case against the NFL but the courts only awarded him $3 in damages. Is it your contention that a $3 judgement killed the USFL. Seems to me the NFL monopoly is what killed the USFL. Sheeeez... Talk about DTDS (Donald Trump Derangement Syndrome :p)

• Advertisement

It's okay... we'll let your "a little birdie told me" argument stand on it's own for what it is worth.
    Good for you, well done! A gold star is waiting for when you fill in the blank.

"A little birdie" happens to be the President of the Association of Former Agents US Secret Service. Good luck knocking that one, but I do know you will try - sure only a few posts back you were trying to make out that they didn't even exist!
    I read the link I provided several times. Alas, nowhere did I see where it was noted that Gilhooly served in the Clinton White House in the Secret Service
    You didn't read it.

Gilhooly also served as the main agent on the case of someone trying to stalk Chelsea Clinton back in 1997. You'll try to paint this as him being "definitely in cahoots with the Clintons", of that I have no doubt, but everyone else will realise that was the Presidents daughter... whole lives in the...

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/hillary-bill-clinton-secret-service-224578
    Gilhooly, who served primarily in the details of Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush, was also an inspector within the Secret Service from 1995 through 1997.

I disagree with your assessment. I guess the high road here would be to agree to disagree.
    So you made it up. Please try being just a little less often in future.

There is no assessment here - if you cannot show this "Secret Service agent who let them slip out without security" - then you lied.
    The NY Jets killed the AFL. :)
    The AFL merged with the NFL, and the sport (and both conferences) absolutely prospered. The USFL went out of business, and all their teams defunct. I'm not going to bother pointing out the difference.
    Trump didn't kill the USFL. He won the USFL court case against the NFL but the courts only awarded him $1 in damages. Is it your contention that a $1 judgement killed the USFL. Seems to me the NFL monopoly is what killed the USFL. Sheeeez... Talk about DTDS (Donald Trump Derangement Syndrome :p)
    Nice job completely ignoring the move he forced through to a fall schedule that destroyed the league, the spending of money that was never there he (typically) indulged in, all of which led to the unsustainable debts that tanked the league. Oh, and hiring the legal team that got them their $3 reward. That's on Trump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Fox News (and I ll throw in the Wall Street Journal for good measure VERSUS CBS News, NBC News, ABC News, MSNBC, CNN, CNBC, NPR, PBS, The New York Times, The Washington Post, USA Today, the LA Times, the New York Daily News, the Boston Globe, the San Francisco Chronicle, the Chicago Tribune, the Huffington Post, Slate, Rolling Stone, Mother Jones, Reuters, The Examiner, Politico, Google News, BBC America, and a whole host of others.

You've got the tin foil hat pulled on pretty tight there. You should look up the ownership of all of those media outlets you listed.

Most of its like a who's who of right wing republican corporate America. I don't see how you can group them into some bizarre left wing conspiracy against fox news?

ConorDon97 wrote: »
    Personally, I think Clinton has long been chosen to become President by the 0.00001% elite of American society. They need to wake up and stop voting for the lesser of the two evils. External candidates like Jill Stein and others are finally gaining more support, but ultimately I think Clinton has already won. She will uphold everything the elite want her to uphold.

I dont get why the establishment would pick clinton over a republican? Can you explain?

She will protect women's rights. She will protect minorities rights. She'll protect the environment and continue obamas healthcare reforms.

She also wont be building walls, banning religions, or bombing suspects families and the other gibberish trump is suggesting.

She will also get to appoint up to three supreme court justices which will finally mean changes in campaign finance and the madness of the current system. It will also.open the door to talking about realistic gun control measures. Currently Republicans are blocking even studying solutions to the problems.

Good for you, well done! A gold star is waiting for when you fill in the blank.

"A little birdie" happens to be the President of the Association of Former Agents US Secret Service. Good luck knocking that one, but I do know you will try - sure only a few posts back you were trying to make out that they didn't even exist!
    An organization is not a person's name. If you're going to quote what some person said, then what is the person's name you are quoting? It's not a difficult concept.
    You didn't read it.

Gilhooly also served as the main agent on the case of someone trying to stalk Chelsea Clinton back in 1997. You'll try to paint this as him being "definitely in cahoots with the Clintons", of that I have no doubt, but everyone else will realise that was the Presidents daughter... whole lives in the...

Gilhooly, who served primarily in the details of Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush, was also an inspector within the Secret Service from 1995 through 1997.
    Yes he was an Inspector in the Secret Service. Do you have something that proves he served INSIDE the White House during that time? If you do, I will concede the point. But I am sure he did visit the White House during that time, so that counts for something I guess. But being an inspector on a case does not represent being on the security detail of the Secret Service. The US Secret Service is located at 950 H Street, NW, Washington, DC, and the Presidential Protection unit address is 1709 New York Avenue NW, Washington, DC. Not 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, Washington, DC.
    The AFL merged with the NFL, and the sport (and both conferences) absolutely prospered. The USFL went out of business, and all their teams defunct. I'm not going to bother pointing out the difference.
    The AFL merged with the NFL after the NY Jets (AFL) beat the Colts (NFL) in Superbowl III, which was predicted that an AFL team would never beat an NFL team. So it was the Jets win that put an end to the stand alone organization called the AFL.
    Nice job completely ignoring the move he forced through to a fall schedule that destroyed the league, the spending of money that was never there he (typically) indulged in, all of which led to the unsustainable debts that tanked the league. Oh, and hiring the legal team that got them their $3 reward. That's on Trump.

Trump rightfully knew the USFL playing in Spring was only a novelty and couldn’t last long term. Here in America Fall means three things… Shorter days, pretty girls in skimpy bikinis are a fond memory, and FOOTBALL (Primarily Football). Pop Warner football is played in the Fall. Grade school, middle school and high school football is played in the Fall. College football is played in the Fall. And professional football is played in the Fall. Fall = Football. But football back then was only shown on three networks… ABC, NBC and CBS. The NFL made it so the networks couldn’t show USFL games in the Fall. The USFL teams just didn’t have to capital to last the lawsuit and take advantage of the court ruling that the NFL held an illegal monopoly.

The Washington Post ran the headline last week, "Donald Trump suggests President Obama was involved with Orlando shooting." A blatant lie and proof of media bias against Trump.]

I expect that one is personal.

Jeff besos and donald trump squabbling. Trump publically bullied their reporter and then banned them from his media briefings. The trump family is small fry compared to Amazon.

InTheTrees wrote: »
    I dont get why the establishment would pick clinton over a republican? Can you explain?

She will protect women's rights. She will protect minorities rights. She'll protect the environment and continue obamas healthcare reforms.

She also wont be building walls, banning religions, or bombing suspects families and the other gibberish trump is suggesting.

She will also get to appoint up to three supreme court justices which will finally mean changes in campaign finance and the madness of the current system. It will also.open the door to talking about realistic gun control measures. Currently Republicans are blocking even studying solutions to the problems.

Clinton's policies have not changed and the majority of Republican followers don't back the GOP est. They trust her even less than they do their own crowd.

InTheTrees wrote: »
    I expect that one is personal.

Jeff besos and donald trump squabbling. Trump publically bullied their reporter and then banned them from his media briefings. The trump family is small fry compared to Amazon.

I don’t think ownership has much control over a news organization’s method of reporting and their editorials. But knowing a little about Trump, I wouldn’t put it past him to make it personal. What he did to WP was a just reaction to what they did to him. It won’t affect the WP much, though, as everything Trump does seems to have a live news feed so the WP can get their information for reporting that way.

Here are all sorts of examples of media bias along with explanations as to why. I know how much Brian likes to read the sources I provide. I expect to see him back here in about a month after he gets through all of them. LOL ;)

https://www.studentnewsdaily.com/archive/example-of-media-bias/

KingBrian2 wrote: »
    Clinton's policies have not changed and the majority of Republican followers don't back the GOP est. They trust her even less than they do their own crowd.

I agree with your assessment on the GOP voters, but Clinton's policies do change with how the political polling wind blows.

An organization is not a person's name. If you're going to quote what some person said, then what is the person's name you are quoting? It's not a difficult concept.
    You said the article used no names. It did use names, including the name of the official body that made the statement.

No names? Really?
    Yes he was an Inspector in the Secret Service. Do you have something that proves he served INSIDE the White House during that time? If you do, I will concede the point. But I am sure he did visit the White House during that time, so that counts for something I guess. But being an inspector on a case does not represent being on the security detail of the Secret Service. The US Secret Service is located at 950 H Street, NW, Washington, DC, and the Presidential Protection unit address is 1709 New York Avenue NW, Washington, DC. Not 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, Washington, DC.
    Amazing how much burden of proof you require on one end. Yet on the other end, you are willing to outright believe every little last thing one random person you had never heard of before, and who has been called out as being full of crap, because it feeds your Hillary Hate Boner.

You know what the term for that is?

The article explicitly says he served as an inspector, explicitly says he had multiple dealings with Hillary Clinton, and he was in charge of the case relating to a stalker and the Presidents daughter. Clearly he was in the white house, and regularly. I however have zero doubts in my mind that you would accept anything short of him videotaping his entire tenure, to the minute, in order to 'concede'.

Remind us again of the strength of the evidence from the guy who wrote the book?
    The AFL merged with the NFL after the NY Jets (AFL) beat the Colts (NFL) in Superbowl III, which was predicted that an AFL team would never beat an NFL team. So it was the Jets win that put an end to the stand alone organization called the AFL.
    Nope. The first Superbowl (1967) occurred a year after the merger was agreed (1966) - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AFL%E2%80%93NFL_merger

Trump rightfully knew the USFL playing in Spring was only a novelty and couldn’t last long term. Here in America Fall means three things… Shorter days, pretty girls in skimpy bikinis are a fond memory, and FOOTBALL (Primarily Football). Pop Warner football is played in the Fall. Grade school, middle school and high school football is played in the Fall. College football is played in the Fall. And professional football is played in the Fall. Fall = Football. But football back then was only shown on three networks… ABC, NBC and CBS. The NFL made it so the networks couldn’t show USFL games in the Fall. The USFL teams just didn’t have to capital to last the lawsuit and take advantage of the court ruling that the NFL held an illegal monopoly.
    The USFL was never going to be able to directly compete with the NFL, and attempting to do so was suicide. Your argument in favour of moving to the fall is very similar to Trumps - "if god wanted football in the spring, he wouldn't have invented baseball" (in other words, a cop out). Even look at Canada, it's in a whole different country with no NFL teams and acts as a feeder league more than being in competition - and even they schew it back a bit so as to not be in competition (the Argos just kicked off their preseason a week or two back).

The USFL tried to bull-rush right through the NFL, which is Trump's modus operandi, and the USFL ran into a brick wall. It was like when a punter tried to run through Sean Taylor. He displayed sweet feck all nuance (shocker, I know!) and fell flat on his face. It's happened to him before, it will happen to him again, and just like all those other times, others suffered the most.

Nope. The first Superbowl (1967) occurred a year after the merger was agreed (1966) - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AFL%E2%80%93NFL_merger
    You're right about the merger. But the Jets win over the Colts made the merger palatable to the fans. (see, I do admit when I'm wrong :))
    The USFL was never going to be able to directly compete with the NFL, and attempting to do so was suicide. Your argument in favour of moving to the fall is very similar to Trumps - "if god wanted football in the spring, he wouldn't have invented baseball" (in other words, a cop out). Even look at Canada, it's in a whole different country with no NFL teams and acts as a feeder league more than being in competition - and even they schew it back a bit so as to not be in competition (the Argos just kicked off their preseason a week or two back).

The USFL tried to bull-rush right through the NFL, which is Trump's modus operandi, and the USFL ran into a brick wall. It was like when a punter tried to run through Sean Taylor. He displayed sweet feck all nuance (shocker, I know!) and fell flat on his face. It's happened to him before, it will happen to him again, and just like all those other times, others suffered the most.
    Trump was right. Trump, for the most part, has a good business sense. Hopefully if he becomes president he can channel that executive experience and organization skills for the betterment of the country.

And... There's football in Canada? :confused::D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Why are Russian hackers attacking the DNC??

http://freebeacon.com/national-security/russian-hackers-behind-dnc-breach/

Seems a rather odd one....
    White House are very keen to pretend it doesn't exist, understandably.....

And Bloomberg are saying that the Bill/Hillary/Chelsea foundation has also been hacked, again from Russia
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-06-21/clinton-foundation-said-to-be-breached-by-russian-hackers

I'm guessing they are trawling for dirt for November...

I don’t think ownership has much control over a news organization’s method of reporting and their editorials.

You're suggesting wealthy newspaper owners just hope that the editorial staff at their own newspapers will be of similar politics as themselves?

Has that ever been the case?

You're right about the merger. But the Jets win over the Colts made the merger palatable to the fans. (see, I do admit when I'm wrong :))

Trump was right. Trump, for the most part, has a good business sense. Hopefully if he becomes president he can channel that executive experience and organization skills for the betterment of the country.

And... There's football in Canada? :confused::D
    Ah yeah, Joe Namath might look like a leather coat wearing a fur coat drenched in whiskey today, but he a) had a huge role in the entire sport changing (along with Al Davis & Don Coryell and some others), and b) as a Packers fan, still has more class and dignity than Brett Favre. :p

If Trump were right though, the USFL would still be around today (or more likely, it would have merged which is what that's what a good few reckon Trump was after. Unfortunately in the world of business and politics 'thats not fair' doesn't tend to count for much of anything and you need to show tact and nuance to get around, break or change those perceived wrongs. Trump not only failed miserably at that, but got everyone else in behind him in doing so (because if nothing else, he is an excellent salesperson and marketer; excellent - that's not a backhanded compliment either, the man knows how to generate hype like very, very few on the earth).

The USFL 'pulled a Trump': make waves and noise, get lots of attention, capture people imagination, talk about 'shaking things up' to keep the excitement going, get bigger, grow, grow, grow, push everyone aside, steamroll the opposition, grow, grow... fall apart due to lack of planning, restraint, or running into a bigger and more powerful enemy (see: NFL) and not switching tact. It's happened to him numerous other times in his career, and looks to be the trajectory his current campaign has taken in June - https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/06/19/the-brutal-numbers-behind-a-very-bad-month-for-donald-trump/ . Still a long time to go though, to see if he learns from or repeats his earlier mistakes.

Ah yeah, Joe Namath might look like a leather coat wearing a fur coat drenched in whiskey today, but he a) had a huge role in the entire sport changing (along with Al Davis & Don Coryell and some others), and b) as a Packers fan, still has more class and dignity than Brett Favre. :p

If Trump were right though, the USFL would still be around today (or more likely, it would have merged which is what that's what a good few reckon Trump was after. Unfortunately in the world of business and politics 'thats not fair' doesn't tend to count for much of anything and you need to show tact and nuance to get around, break or change those perceived wrongs. Trump not only failed miserably at that, but got everyone else in behind him in doing so (because if nothing else, he is an excellent salesperson and marketer; excellent - that's not a backhanded compliment either, the man knows how to generate hype like very, very few on the earth).

The USFL 'pulled a Trump': make waves and noise, get lots of attention, capture people imagination, talk about 'shaking things up' to keep the excitement going, get bigger, grow, grow, grow, push everyone aside, steamroll the opposition, grow, grow... fall apart due to lack of planning, restraint, or running into a bigger and more powerful enemy (see: NFL) and not switching tact. It's happened to him numerous other times in his career, and looks to be the trajectory his current campaign has taken in June - https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/06/19/the-brutal-numbers-behind-a-very-bad-month-for-donald-trump/ . Still a long time to go though, to see if he learns from or repeats his earlier mistakes.

Yeah he is also right on the core issues and regardless of left and right he garners a lot of praise for his positions that others in the GOP were opposed to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Biggest shock for me this campaign is finding out Trump is 70. Thought he was younger that that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Only copped that myself the other day. I'm finding myself increasingly swiping past Trump articles and in my newsreader these days, he's a bit like a shock jock from the 90's, entertaining at first but the novelty wears off. It's just going to become even more of a mud throwing race than ever before.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,750 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

K-9 wrote: »
    Only copped that myself the other day. I'm finding myself increasingly swiping past Trump articles and in my newsreader these days, he's a bit like a shock jock from the 90's, entertaining at first but the novelty wears off. It's just going to become even more of a mud throwing race than ever before.

Just start reading how easily it is to buy Hillary Clinton and get favours instead.

The Clinton foundation is a disgrace in this regard. It is used to buy power and get deals done.

And Clinton will throw stuff back, wonder will it turn loads of Independent voters off, both are unlikeable characters and this crap makes it worse.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/world/bernie-sanders-to-back-hilary-clinton-741624.html

Bit over shadowed with all the Brexit talk but Sanders will support Hillary in November.

• Advertisement

K-9 wrote: »
    http://www.breakingnews.ie/world/bernie-sanders-to-back-hilary-clinton-741624.html

Bit over shadowed with all the Brexit talk but Sanders will support Hillary in November.
    Kind of ironic that it's timing is also likely heavily influenced by the Brexit vote.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement