Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 US Presidential Race - Mod Warning in OP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

RobertKK wrote: »
    Why would Trump order a nuclear strike?

Because he's an unstable, thin-skinned narcissist incapable of taking any slight against him. Why should we expect him to not order a nuclear strike if a foreign leader slights him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

I
    He has been asked a lot of questions about Putin and Russia, he said he never met or talked to Putin or being to Russia.
    He asked the question why does the US and Russia have to have bad relations, wouldn't it better to be friends and work more closely together to fight ISIS.

I actually think trump is Walter Mitty... The guy doesn't know reality from fiction. CNN just had a clip of him on FOX news (looks like off one of the debates)where he is saying that he knows Putin very well they were on 60 minutes together etc. It then cuts to today where he says he never met Putin???????

I actually don't know how to respond to this, problem is he had told so many lies he now doesn't know what the truth is. He also asked Russia to hack the presumptive POTUS email accounts!!!!!

Crazy

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 33,751 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Because he's an unstable, thin-skinned narcissist incapable of taking any slight against him. Why should we expect him to not order a nuclear strike if a foreign leader slights him?

He is record is he likes to build things, not destroy buildings...

I think people are crazy if they believe he would use nuclear weapons. Look North Korea have nuclear weapons, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia have them as part of the financing deal for the Pakistani nuclear program.
    The only people who would use nuclear weapons are terrorists, or a regime that was in it's death throws.
    We were closer to nuclear Armageddon in 1983 I think it was when the Soviet Union thought the US had launched nuclear weapons against them. It was during war games and it showed up in Russia as a nuclear attack under way.
    The Russians had 7 minutes to respond, it was November 11th and the Soviet Union was ready to launch a counter attack against the west, when they saw the nuclear strike they believed was happened stop. It was 11 minutes after 11 and the war games had stopped to commemorate armistice day. The world was literally minutes away from destruction.
    It is these type of situations that are more likely to lead to a nuclear attack or a terrorist attack.
    I think people are crazy if they think Trump will use nuclear weapons simply because he can, Trump is not stupid.

RoberkKK did Trump meet Putin or did he not?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,045 ✭✭✭Christy42

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    I actually think trump is Walter Mitty... The guy doesn't know reality from fiction. CNN just had a clip of him on FOX news (looks like off one of the debates)where he is saying that he knows Putin very well they were on 60 minutes together etc. It then cuts to today where he says he never met Putin???????

I actually don't know how to respond to this, problem is he had told so many lies he now doesn't know what the truth is. He also asked Russia to hack the presumptive POTUS email accounts!!!!!

Crazy

John Oliver had a good theory that Trump merely doesn't care about truth or lies. He simply says what he feels will help him at any given time. He doesn't intentionally lie but he doesn't try and tell the truth either.

Having said that I don't think he is nuts enough to hit the red button. He could still do a lot of damage though.

• Advertisement

Crazy

Trump gets away with it as these are not the issues that people care about. They are not seen as big lies as in lies that are hiding a big problem.
    It is not like the lies Hillary told which was there were no classified or top secret state emails on her private email server, which the FBI said there was, 110 emails of classified or top secret state secrets were on her private email server, maybe she missed them when busy deleting emails.
    All of Trump's lies so far can be viewed as white lies, there are no serious consequences from them. The problem for Hillary is her lies could have serious consequences as it seems her emails were compromised and a lot of state secrets may be known by a foreign power or foreign powers.

Also why does Hillary Clinton see her emails as a threat to national security? I read they were suppose to be mundane stuff like stuff about her yoga classes and wedding planning stuff for Chelsea.

RoberkKK did Trump meet Putin or did he not?

I was reporting earlier what Trump had said, I was not saying he had or had not.
    It seems he did. Was it to ask Putin to hack Hillary Clinton, No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Christy42 wrote: »
    John Oliver had a good theory that Trump merely doesn't care about truth or lies. He simply says what he feels will help him at any given time. He doesn't intentionally lie but he doesn't try and tell the truth either.

Having said that I don't think he is nuts enough to hit the red button. He could still do a lot of damage though.

Speaking of lies the media is full or false narratives like when the US bombed a site in Syria they kill bad guys when the Syrian and Russian army bomb a site they destroy hospitals.

I would submit to you that the media is behind the increased terror level across Europe as a result of not telling the full truth. This is not the words of conspiracy this is just plainly dismissing the facts to tell claptrap to the public.

Because he is not stupid. There is no record of him being vindictive like you claim he would be.
    A foreign leader slights him and he would launch a nuclear attack, that is crazy thinking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Crazy

The truth is actually that his fans embrace the lies, and tend to be very much in on them. Most do not even appear remotely interested in anything Trump says beyond banning Muslims, deporting illegals immediately, building a wall and the 'emotive' (coding) talking points.

I was reporting earlier what Trump had said, I was not saying he had or had not.
    It seems he did. Was it to ask Putin to hack Hillary Clinton, No.

So you are willing to believe him about the second part, despite him lying about the first part. Why is that, exactly?

I don't know why nobody on the Democrat side is not bringing up the elimination of Osama Bin Laden. This was done under President Obama's tenure a successful mission yet nobody on the Democrat side has brought up this issue nor have they come up with any alternative plan to the roadmap to peace between the Israeli's and Arabs. We know where Trump stands with regard Iran and the nuclear deal but no one has come up with any proposals for dealing with PM Netanyahu. I find it unlikely Clinton or Trump will be very much dissimilar on any of these core issues. Very little discussion within the parties mostly follow the leader approach.

KingBrian2 wrote: »
    I don't know why nobody on the Democrat side is not bringing up the elimination of Osama Bin Laden. This was done under President Obama's tenure a successful mission yet nobody on the Democrat side has brought up this issue nor have they come up with any alternative plan to the roadmap to peace between the Israeli's and Arabs. We know where Trump stands with regard Iran and the nuclear deal but no one has come up with any proposals for dealing with PM Netanyahu. I find it unlikely Clinton or Trump will be very much dissimilar on any of these core issues. Very little discussion within the parties mostly follow the leader approach.

Obama & Biden are speaking tonight, so we might hear on it there. But mainly, a lot of it has to do with the fact that they aren't so bent on making the US seem like hell on earth that it has to come up every minute of every day. Besides, if Trump said it was him who killed Osama, his fans would fully get behind that.

Billy86 wrote: »
    So you are willing to believe him about the second part, despite him lying about the first part. Why is that, exactly?

It is clear Julian Assange has a vendetta against Hillary Clinton. Did Trump need to hack his fellow Republican candidates when looking for the nomination?
    It would be political suicide if Trump had been behind the hacking, the Russians hate Hillary over wanting to bomb Assad, over Libya, over Iraq, her closeness to the Saudis. They did not need Trump to tell them to hack Hillary Clinton, they would have done it as she was going to be a presidential candidate and her policies are very hawkish.

The Americans were listening to Angela Merkel's telephone calls. Imagine the disaster that is Hillary Clinton who had 10s of 1000s of state emails on her unsecured email server which she used everywhere she went.
    The Russians are going to destroy Hillary in this campaign - for the sanctions, for wanting to turn Syria from a Russian ally to an American ally, for removing Gaddafi, for her support of Saudi Arabia - a country which Russia does not get on well with.
    Russia would have hacked the Democrats and Hillary because they believe she is dangerous.

It is clear Julian Assange has a vendetta against Hillary Clinton. Did Trump need to hack his fellow Republican candidates when looking for the nomination?
    It would be political suicide if Trump had been behind the hacking, the Russians hate Hillary over wanting to bomb Assad, over Libya, over Iraq, her closeness to the Saudis. They did not need Trump to tell them to hack Hillary Clinton, they would have done it as she was going to be a presidential candidate and her policies were very hawkish.

The Americans were listening to Angela Merkel's telephone calls. Imagine the disaster that is Hillary Clinton who had 10s of 1000s of state emails on her unsecured email server which she used everywhere she went.
    The Russians are going to destroy Hillary in this campaign - for the sanctions, for wanting to turn Syria from a Russian ally to an American ally, for removing Gaddafi, for her support of Saudi Arabia - a country which Russia does not get on well with.
    Russia would have hacked the Democrats and Hillary because they believe she is dangerous.

Lets not forget RobertKK those same Saudi's were the biggest sponsors of state terrorism anyone on the planet. That fact that Hillary nor Obama did not distance themselves from them is a reason so many of their former supporters flocked to Bernie Sanders.

It would be political suicide if Trump had been behind the hacking, the Russians hate Hillary over wanting to bomb Assad, over Libya, over Iraq, her closeness to the Saudis. They did not need Trump to tell them to hack Hillary Clinton, they would have done it as she was going to be a presidential candidate and her policies are very hawkish.

So you're just flat out refusing to see the mutual benefit in this that you just pointed out, when you have already acknowledge Trump lied about knowing or having met Putin?

By the way, what happened to it being Guccifer 2.0? Or was it Assange?

It seems someone has a very vested interest in throwing up a lot of smoke and mirrors as to who is behind the hacks, in the short term at least.

Lets not forget RobertKK those same Saudi's were the biggest sponsors of state terrorism anyone on the planet. That fact that Hillary nor Obama did not distance themselves from them is a reason so many of their former supporters flocked to Bernie Sanders.

"BUT BUT BUT... HILLARY"

Try getting back on topic, re the email hack.

Trump gets away with it as these are not the issues that people care about. They are not seen as big lies as in lies that are hiding a big problem.
    It is not like the lies Hillary told which was there were no classified or top secret state emails on her private email server, which the FBI said there was, 110 emails of classified or top secret state secrets were on her private email server, maybe she missed them when busy deleting emails.
    All of Trump's lies so far can be viewed as white lies, there are no serious consequences from them. The problem for Hillary is her lies could have serious consequences as it seems her emails were compromised and a lot of state secrets may be known by a foreign power or foreign powers.

I don't know what to say about this :( it's ok if Trump lies about meeting one of the most dangerous dictator's in the world who just annexed a country. Do you what! you are embarrassing yourself.!

I don't know what to say about this :( it's ok if Trump lies about meeting one of the most dangerous dictator's in the world who just annexed a country. Do you what! you are embarrassing yourself.!

Russia is not your average country. It is the largest country in the world with a nuclear arsenal. For 40 years the US and the previous Soviet Union were in a period of Cold War what's more both countries collaborated to fight the Nazi's and hunt down Jihad i's. You don't ignore world leaders. You have to be aware of the nuances of international diplomacy such as the genuine claims Russia had over Crimea. You better be careful a new generation of American diplomats will walk their country into another war.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Given that Donald Trump has ZERO governance, ZERO diplomatic, and ZERO preparation to be CIC, it's obvious that experiential qualifications are not important to a large segment of the American electorate for their highest elected office that's chiefly responsible for these 3 important functions. So Donald Trump is really lucky that one of the most popular persons in the US today, Michelle Obama, who is also inexperienced, is not running for president 2016, because she would win by a landslide against loud mouthed, bigot, angry, and divisive Donald Trump, who went on and on for a windy, boring RNC speech; so long as to remind me of the windy and long speeches that former 20th Century dictators gave.

In comparison, Michelle Obama's national popularity (ranked near the highest in the nation, way, way above Trump, and her president husband, and hugely ahead of the US Congress), with Trump receiving some of the lowest, especially among women, would put her way out ahead of him. And Michelle's superior elocution skills make Donald sound like a high school sophomore, addressing a class filled with students of the same or lower school ranks. Her 2008 DNC speech, which was so grand that Melania Trump claimed in an NBC interview with Matt Lauer that "I wrote it," and had either lied to Lauer about "I wrote it," or her speech writer thought it so good as to plagiarize several passages from Michelle Obama's speech that occurred 8 years before.

Michelle's 2016 DNC speech was good indeed, far surpassing Donald Trump's, but where she really excelled was at her recent City College of New York commencement keynote speaker address, that was absolutely stellar, charismatic, dynamic, and something that Donald Trump could not accomplish. Michelle only took 23 minutes, while Donald Trump went on for what, 4 or 5 times as long? This election season Trump has been a boring, windy, red-faced angry, loud-mouthed, bigoted, and divisive speaker, who makes up things continuously, later to be discredited by several fact-checking sources.

And lastly, Hillary Clinton is a terribly boring and unimaginative speaker, who is very lucky she did not have to compete with Michelle Obama these past Democratic primaries. Michelle would have overwhelmed boring Hillary as an energetic, dynamic, and memorable speaker, and won the nomination, and without anything like the email baggage that haunts Hillary today. Donald Trump and the Republicans would have nothing of substance to shake their fingers at Michelle about, absolutely nothing of substance. Of course Donald would have come up with a childish playground bully name-calling label, "Lying..." or "Crooked..." or whatever. And they could not say she had ZERO experience in governance, diplomacy, or preparation to be CIC, because that exemplifies the ZERO experience in those 3 important presidential things lacking in Trump.

And if they try to compensate with Donald Trump's business experience, then they will have to explain why Donald is currently a defendant for (alleged) "fraud, racketeering, and corruption" in US District Court, and not just one (alleged) "fraud" case, but 3 current class action cases filed during or before 2013 in the 2 states of New York and California, with thousands of former Trump University students represented in these class actions claiming that Donald Trump (allegedly) "fraudulently" took their tuition and fees, and gave them nothing in return of value.

So you're just flat out refusing to see the mutual benefit in this that you just pointed out, when you have already acknowledge Trump lied about knowing or having met Putin?

By the way, what happened to it being Guccifer 2.0? Or was it Assange?

It seems someone has a very vested interest in throwing up a lot of smoke and mirrors as to who is behind the hacks, in the short term at least.

Well Assange said a few weeks ago he had emails and they would be released at the appropriate time.
    I expect he will release more either before or after Hillary gives her acceptance speech so the attention will be on scandal. Julian Assange is unhappy with Hillary who he says wants to silence whistleblowers, and his belief she is very hawkish and will create more wars.
    There are a lot who would want to hack the Democrats and Hillary Clinton's emails.

I'm looking forward to the Clinton Foundation scandal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,891 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

You have to be aware of the nuances of international diplomacy

Wow, I've never heard this offered as a reason to vote FOR Trump. This election has made America seem increasingly like Bizarroworld, but this is by far the best yet.

Wow, I've never heard this offered as a reason to vote FOR Trump. This election has made America seem increasingly like Bizarroworld, but this is by far the best yet.

Not everyone commenting are Americans the next President will have world consequences and the approach taken by the Clinton's re Russia is straight out of a spy thriller. Not everyone here in Europe is comfortable with the sanctions imposed on either Russia or Syria and Trump has a feel of this. When Trump said NATO has to pay its way you will find on this side of the Atlantic be it France, Britain, Germany, Netherlands, Hungary & Greece that opinions are divided on how to react to Putin. Their is no consensus on the issue it is still a work in progress. Saying good riddance to Putin is not what many countries want.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,045 ✭✭✭Christy42

I had presumed it was a reason not to vote Trump.

Nah, he's got some way to go before he can top the claim that Trump's official statement from his official website that called for a "complete and total shutdown of Muslims entering the US" was actually just media spin (from his own official website) and after that, is a sign of Trumps religious tolerance, because by "muslims" he only means "jihadists". Despite there being zero mentions of jihadists in the official statements from Trumps official website that called for a "complete and total shutdown" of Muslims entering the US.

Trump was a genius today, why?

Because the media is obsessing over hacking and emails rather than the DNC convention.

Trump was a genius today, why?

Because the media is obsessing over hacking and emails rather than the DNC convention.

You mean the email hacks that Trump 'had nothing to do with'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,891 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Trump was a genius

If ever a word has been devalued...

• Advertisement

You mean the email hacks that Trump 'had nothing to do with'?

Where is your evidence that he had something to do with them?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement