Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 US Presidential Race - Mod Warning in OP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,751 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

If ever a word has been devalued...

You may think, wonder if the email hacking will be mentioned at the convention tonight.

The thing is given the unsecured email server which the FBI said was extremely careless, bringing up the email hacking will have people thinking of Hillary and her emails and did she put state secrets in foreign hands through incompetence to not protect them on the designated secure server.

There is something going on if Hillary thinks her private personal emails could harm national security.
    I am sure her yoga emails are not a threat to national security.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,045 ✭✭✭Christy42

RobertKK wrote: »
    Where is your evidence that he had something to do with them?

Well your post seems to suggest that first. Otherwise Trump simply lucked into this e-mail scandal going on with no genius needed on Trump's part (which is lucky as I don't think that genius is forthcoming whether or not it is needed).

Personally I don't think Trump is capable of this (in terms of physically can't, not morally)-maybe he hired someone but it seems a long shot that they would find something. His campaign is missing too many pieces for me to think he has this type of back end set up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Where is your evidence that he had something to do with them?
    You're the one who called him a 'genius' for the emails.

And he has now implicated himself in any further ones, today publicly asking Russia to find and release any others they can find. So that's that closed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

KingBrian2 wrote: »
    You have to be aware of the nuances of international diplomacy...
    The the American electorate should also be made aware that Donald Trump has absolutely ZERO experience in US foreign diplomacy, making him the least qualified of all the candidates that ran for the Republican nomination (except for Ben Carson or Carly Fiorina, both of whom had ZERO), and certainly not "aware of the nuances of international diplomacy." This is the same Donald Trump who sent numerous and repeated emails to MPs in 7 countries a couple months ago, soliciting donations for the Trump campaign, which was both a breach of diplomatic protocol, as well as in violation of the Federal Campaign Commission laws. This is the same Donald Trump that has made abusive, broadsweeping and generalised comments about Mexico and its citizens, the same Donald Trump that insulted the citizens of Brussels calling it "a living hellhole right now," the same Donald Trump that wants to ban US entry to all persons of a particular religion from several Middle Eastern countries, countries that the US needs help from to defeat ISIS and Al-Qaeda. The same Donald Trump that had been awarded 2010 an honourary (DBA) doctorate from Scottish Robert Gordon University, now stripped of that degree for "deplorable" international behaviour inconsistent with the values of that university. The same Donald Trump, who had been awarded the honouary title of business ambassador for Scotland, now stripped of that title by Nicola Sturgeon First Minister of Scotland for his discriminatory statements made to over a billion people of the world of a particular religion. It appears that Donald Trump is not aware or prepared to implement the "nuances of international diplomacy."

Christy42 wrote: »
    Well your post seems to suggest that first. Otherwise Trump simply lucked into this e-mail scandal going on with no genius needed on Trump's part (which is lucky as I don't think that genius is forthcoming whether or not it is needed).

Personally I don't think Trump is capable of this (in terms of physically can't, not morally)-maybe he hired someone but it seems a long shot that they would find something. His campaign is missing too many pieces for me to think he has this type of back end set up.
    Billy86 wrote: »
    You're the one who called him a 'genius' for the emails.

And he has now implicated himself in any further ones, today publicly asking Russia to find and release any others they can find. So that's that closed.

Look here, people are talking about the emails, what Trump said. He lucked into there being an email situation for the Democrats, but then he used it to say something to get the media talking.
    It is leading to time being taken away from people discussing the DNC in the media. Most if not all would run away from what he said as in not have the courage to say what he said, because it is highly controversial. It is garnering him a lot of criticism but it is a form of campaigning that has worked for him.

• Advertisement

Look here, people are talking about the emails, what Trump said.
    No, we were replying to your latest post. We're trying to make sense of what you're saying, but it clearly might take a while yet.

Billy86 wrote: »
    No, we were replying to your latest post. We're trying to make sense of what you're saying, but it clearly might take a while yet.

You are intelligent, no need need to pretend you are slow and it might take a while to make sense of what I posted.

You are intelligent, no need need to pretend you are slow and it might take a while to make sense of what I posted.
    Robert, you are being incoherent, is what I am saying. I know it's a favourite stance of Trump fans, but that doesn't make it any less incoherent.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Trump was a genius today, why?
    "Donald Trump is said to be... speaking to America at the level of a fourth-grader" (Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level). What does this say about his followers?

What exactly did Trump do that was genius? As in the specific action.

People were already talking about the e-mails before Trump's speech so that can't be it and I can't think of anything else he has done with regards to the e-mail scandal aside from let it happen (which while good for him is hardly an incredible tactical decision).

• Advertisement

Trump was a genius today, why?

Because the media is obsessing over hacking and emails rather than the DNC convention.
    To go back to this one... I decided to visit the front pages of websites of several major outlets in the USA, and here is what I found. I chucked in the BBC because it's always struck me as the defacto #1 source in the world, but anyone can feel free to disavow that one if they don't agree.

Ok... are we all ready for the 'media obsession' Robert is talking about?

Here goes... remember, Trump's email conference is getting more attention than the DNC. That is Robert's point.

bbc.png

wsj.png

abc.png

nyt.png

cnn.png

nbc.png

usatoday.png

wapo.png

You'd barely even know there was a Democratic convention going on at all with all that non-stop obsessive coverage of Trump begging the Russians for help... right?

(awaits desperate clutching to NBC front page)

Theme of the DNC tonight (Wednesday, Day 3) attempted to contrast the Democratic platform vs Republican in opposites, but in the latter case more the Donald Trump platform rather than specifically Republican: Inclusion vs exclusion; unity vs divisiveness; positive vs negative; light vs darkness.

Another interesting comment (cannot remember whom) asked about what was the most famous quote attributed to Donald Trump? "You're fired!" Not "You're hired!" Makes one reflect on Trump's promised job creation if elected, when so many were "You're fired!" as the result of numerous Trump bankruptcies and business failures.

A big surprise was to see Michael Bloomberg, former Republican mayor of New York City, now independent, endorse Hillary Clinton.

Julian Assange claims he has enough evidence to get Hillary Clinton arrested.

FBI Director Julian Assange, or US Attorney General Julian Assange? Or was it John Miller or John Baron pretending to be Julian Assange? Or was it the "Avowed Foe of Clinton" doing as foes do, as reported by NYT?

Black Swan wrote: »
    FBI Director Julian Assange, or US Attorney General Julian Assange? Or was it John Miller or John Baron pretending to be Julian Assange? Or was it the "Avowed Foe of Clinton" doing as foes do, as reported by NYT?

You know who he is.

He said that he has evidence of Hillary telling her staff to remove 'Classified' from emails before moving them on to her private email server.
    He says he has evidence of the Pentagon telling Hillary that removing Gaddafi is not a good plan as it will leave the country as it turned out to - a disaster. But she ignored their advice and went to war with Libya.
    Assange says she "gets an unseemingly emotional rush out of killing people".

Well that discussion shifted quickly. What about Trump's genius?

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    RoberkKK did Trump meet Putin or did he not?
    I was reporting earlier what Trump had said, I was not saying he had or had not.
    It seems he did. Was it to ask Putin to hack Hillary Clinton, No.

Or, more succinctly: "I don't care."

It's the thing about Trump supporters I've never been able to wrap my head around. They genuinely don't seem to care that damn near everything the man says is a lie, because they are able to latch on to a subset of those lies that they agree with, and ignore the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Treason surely?
    Calling on Russia to hack your opponent. Still like Trump said himself he could shoot someone and his supporters wouldn't care.

"Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing. I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press". Donald J Trump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,336 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

20Cent wrote: »
    Treason surely?
    Calling on Russia to hack your opponent. Still like Trump said himself he could shoot someone and his supporters wouldn't care.

"Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing. I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press". Donald J Trump.

But surely the treason is by Clinton for allowing the emails to be vulnerable to hacking in the first place, by not adhering to security protocol.

If Russia gets their hands on, or already have their hands on Clinton's emails, its her fault, not Trumps.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

But surely the treason is by Clinton for allowing the emails to be vulnerable to hacking in the first place, by not adhering to security protocol.

If Russia gets their hands on, or already have their hands on Clinton's emails, its her fault, not Trumps.

He's calling on the Russians to release hacked emails. What bit of that isn't treasonous !!

Actually believe he could shoot someone live on TVs and his supporters would be making excuses.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

It's not Trump or Clinton's fault. It's Russia's for breaking the law!

This is lunacy. Trump is calling for Russia to break the law and you're saying its Clinton's own fault for "allowing" her emails to be hacked. I'll say it again: this is lunacy. Trump should be condemning the hacking of Clinton's mails, it's a crime.

Have you asked all of those ordinary Americans how they feel about this? I'm waiting on my apology by the way.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Brian? wrote: »
    It's not Trump or Clinton's fault. It's Russia's for breaking the law!

This is lunacy. Trump is calling for Russia to break the law and you're saying its Clinton's own fault for "allowing" her emails to be hacked. I'll say it again: this is lunacy. Trump should be condemning the hacking of Clinton's mails, it's a crime.

Have you asked all of those ordinary Americans how they feel about this? I'm waiting on my apology by the way.

Look at it from the point of view of who do you want to see as President.

Do you want someone who was so careless with national security that their actions allowed Russia access to their emails ?

That's a huge red flag for Clinton.

I'm not here to defend Trump by the way, its a pity that he is the one on the other side and not someone better.

But at the end of the day, it Clintons carelessness that allows someone like Russia access to something they should not have.

That's massive, how can you trust such a person to be president ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

20Cent wrote: »
    He's calling on the Russians to release hacked emails. What bit of that isn't treasonous !!

Actually believe he could shoot someone live on TVs and his supporters would be making excuses.

"The gun malfunctioned"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

ha ha ha. Victim blaming?

Nixon should have tried that excuse after the Watergate burglary.

He was impeached and thrown out of office for his "supporters" stealing data from his opponents.

That's massive, how can you trust such a person to be president ?

Because I assume hillary clinton isnt personally going to be setting up the email service for the white house.

InTheTrees wrote: »
    ha ha ha. Victim blaming?

Nixon should have tried that excuse after the Watergate burglary.

He was impeached and thrown out of office for his "supporters" stealing data from his opponents.

Again look at it from a fit for office point of view.

How can Clinton be trusted if she has allowed such a situation to occur in the first place.

How can Clinton be trusted if she has allowed such a situation to occur in the first place.

I'm going to assume that the secret service and white house security are not completely incompetent.

Because I assume hillary clinton isnt personally going to be setting up the email service for the white house.

Oh please, stop acting stupid, you know well what the problem is.

Clinton did not adhere to the correct protocol when it came to emails when she was secretary of state.

As a result those emails are vulnerable to being hacked, and possibly have been hacked.

How can she be trusted with security in the future.

Why do I have to spell it out ?

I see Trump calling on the russians to hack the DNC

Thats just plain weird. He wants help from the russians to break into his opponents computers?

• Advertisement

I'm going to assume that the secret service and white house security are not completely incompetent.

And I assume they are not either.

But what happens when Clinton wishes to circumvent the protocols again, no one stooped her as secretary of state, who is going to stop her as president.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement