Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 US Presidential Race - Mod Warning in OP

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

Pathetic that they're still obsessed with that, really.

It just demonstrates how little of real substance the Republicans have to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    This whole "bleeding from wherever" comment has to be the end of him.
    One almost finds oneself thinking he's worried that he's not been "forced" to bow out yet, and is doubling down on the outrage until he is...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭Amerika

Pathetic that they're still obsessed with that, really.
    The Christie/Obama hug? Ancient history to most. And you say this because of the debate? Oh, please! Fox news screwed that debate up. Rather than focusing on the issues and differences between the Republicans and Hillary Clinton, the presumed democratic candidate, FNC turned it into a ‘gotcha’ reality show. Hopefully the next debate will focus on the issues.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Amerika wrote: »
    The Christie/Obama hug? Ancient history to most. And you say this because of the debate? Oh, please! Fox news screwed that debate up. Rather than focusing on the issues and differences between the Republicans and Hillary Clinton, the presumed democratic candidate, FNC turned it into a ‘gotcha’ reality show. Hopefully the next debate will focus on the issues.

Ha! You're angry at "fair and balanced" Foxnews for showing some slight impartiality? You were hoping for a pile of softball questions?

It was up to the candidates to differentiate themselves. They weren't debating Hilary, they were debating each other.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Brian? wrote: »
    Ha! You're angry at "fair and balanced" Foxnews for showing some slight impartiality? You were hoping for a pile of softball questions?

It was up to the candidates to differentiate themselves. They weren't debating Hilary, they were debating each other.

No, I was hoping the debate would be more focused on jobs, the economy, regulations, and governmental overreach... Silly me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

We learned something from the debate. The GOP don't like Mexico.

No, I was hoping the debate would be more focused on jobs, the economy, regulations, and governmental overreach... Silly me.

I didn't realise you'd never seen a primary debate before. They're all like this.

they/them/theirs

KingBrian2 wrote: »
    We learned something from the debate. The GOP don't like Mexico.

Sure we do. Most of the establishment Republicans bend over backwards for them, just like Democrats.

I didn't realise you'd never seen a primary debate before. They're all like this.

I've seen plenty. The next GOP debate is at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and is sponsored by CNN and Christian broadcasters, the Salem Media Group. I have hopes for the next one as CNN will probably pull out all the stops to try and redeem itself after the Candy Crowley debate debacle. I do hope Carly Fiorina makes the lineup for the next one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,834 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Candy Crowley, the moderator who stuffed Romney's own sock in his mouth for trying to inject spin into the debate? I could see how GOP/Republican/Right-leaning voters would have been upset by that. :rolleyes:

(video title not my first choice)

• Advertisement

Overheal wrote: »
    Candy Crowley, the moderator who stuffed Romney's own sock in his mouth for trying to inject spin into the debate? I could see how GOP/Republican/Right-leaning voters would have been upset by that. :rolleyes:

(video title not my first choice)
    That's one way of looking at it. Then there's the more accurate one, accepted by most, that she voided her debate moderator responsibilities and perpetuated the Obama lie that his vague statement was in direct regard to the terrorists attack on our mission in Benghazi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,834 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

That's one way of looking at it. Then there's the more accurate one, accepted by most, that she voided her debate moderator responsibilities and perpetuated the Obama lie that his vague statement was in direct regard to the terrorists attack on our mission in Benghazi.

Either way, we can both agree Benghazi will come up during this election cycle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Overheal wrote: »
    Either way, we can both agree Benghazi will come up during this election cycle.

Why are the GOP so upset about Bengahazi? And Fox still harp on about it like it some silver bullet they have on Clinton. From what I can see its just because she or obama didn't say it was a "terrorist attack" the five minutes after it happened it just them a couple of days to say it. Am I right or is there more to it?

Don't want to derail the thread but this apparently is a massive issue with the GOP and will form part of the election

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

This again? Romney was caught out because he was out manoeuvred. He should have known exactly what President Obama said. The was enough wiggle room in the statement for Obama to use later, it was clever politics.

The moderator actually did a decent job I'm that debate. Romney lost because he was sloppy and robotic. To describe it as a debacle is nonsense.

The next GOP debate will be similar to the last one. It's the nature of primary debates with this many candidates.

they/them/theirs

Why are the GOP so upset about Bengahazi? And Fox still harp on about it like it some silver bullet they have on Clinton. From what I can see its just because she or obama didn't say it was a "terrorist attack" the five minutes after it happened it just them a couple of days to say it. Am I right or is there more to it?

Don't want to derail the thread but this apparently is a massive issue with the GOP and will form part of the election

The GOP accuse Clinton of a coverup, when in reality it was negligence and incompetency that was the problem.

they/them/theirs

The GOP accuse Clinton of a coverup, when in reality it was negligence and incompetency that was the problem.

What do they think she is covering up, the 25000 employees that work for the state dept all the CIA that operate out of these embassies.

Do the GOP think that she personally reviews the security of every one of their embassies,seems a pretty loose argument. I am sure that they have fleets of staff from CIA NSA feeding them intel, and the embasador on the ground I am sure would know better as well.

But what do I know :)

What do they think she is covering up, the 25000 employees that work for the state dept all the CIA that operate out of these embassies.

Do the GOP think that she personally reviews the security of every one of their embassies,seems a pretty loose argument. I am sure that they have fleets of staff from CIA NSA feeding them intel, and the embasador on the ground I am sure would know better as well.

But what do I know :)

It's hard to know what they're actually accusing Clinton of.

http://gawker.com/what-the-****-is-all-this-benghazi-****-an-explainer-499776059

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

This again? Romney was caught out because he was out manoeuvred. He should have known exactly what President Obama said. The was enough wiggle room in the statement for Obama to use later, it was clever politics.

The moderator actually did a decent job I'm that debate. Romney lost because he was sloppy and robotic. To describe it as a debacle is nonsense.

The next GOP debate will be similar to the last one. It's the nature of primary debates with this many candidates.
    No she didn't. Crowley later admitted that in the debate Romney was right and she was wrong. And if she had stuck to her duties as moderator the problem wouldn’t have arisen in the first place.

Benghazi remains important as an example of a failure of leadership and a decision process on Clinton's part, and of lies utilized to protect political futures.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

There's been something like nine investigations into Bengazi. Why do they keep looking for a scandal?
    Obama called it terrorism the next day on the Whitehouse lawn.
    The republicans vetoed the budget for extra security in embassies by the way.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

It would be an interesting compare and contrast to discuss US foreign policy as it related to the initial decision to both invade and destablise Libya in the first place as well as the wider role of US in the region, ie if candidates support the use of drones outside of militarised zones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Manach wrote: »
    It would be an interesting compare and contrast to discuss US foreign policy as it related to the initial decision to both invade and destablise Libya in the first place as well as the wider role of US in the region, ie if candidates support the use of drones outside of militarised zones.

wrt Libya, the US was relatively ambivalent militarily

It was Sarkozy & Cameron who lead that charge, however both have degraded their respective militaries to such an extent that they needed the US to do some of the heavy lifting.

a tin-pot dictator was beyond the combined 'might' of the UK & France who ran out of missiles by day 3.

I dont doubt that Obama would have preferred Gadaffi gone, But I doubt it was ever a priority for him.

AFAIK most candidates are ok with the use of UAVs in America, at least on its border.
    They are much handier & cheaper than using manned flight.

I think Rand Paul voiced misgivings wrt to surveillance permissions/warrants on individuals?

20Cent wrote: »
    There's been something like nine investigations into Bengazi. Why do they keep looking for a scandal?
    Obama called it terrorism the next day on the Whitehouse lawn.
    The republicans vetoed the budget for extra security in embassies by the way.
    They're not looking for scandal, their looking for the truth and accountability. It is obvious from the latest investigation that anything done prior was inadequate because of all the information Clinton and the State department refused to turn over to investigators.

And no he didn't call the attack terrorism the next day on the White House lawn. He was making a general statement about terrorism.

They're not looking for scandal, their looking for the truth and accountability. It is obvious from the latest investigation that anything done prior was inadequate because of all the information Clinton and the State department refused to turn over to investigators.

And no he didn't call the attack terrorism the next day on the White House lawn. He was making a general statement about terrorism.

Republicans vetoed extra monies for embassy security. You are done. Finished. Pick another wart to pick at (fruitlessly).

Republicans vetoed extra monies for embassy security. You are done. Finished. Pick another wart to pick at (fruitlessly).

Yes, the GOP controlled House did initially approve about $330 million less than what the administration requested. But in the final bill which passed with bipartisan support after adjustments by the Senate, put the amount much closer to the administration's target. So, what did the Administration do with that extra money? Apparently it didn't much go into security.

Yes, the GOP controlled House did initially approve about $330 million less than what the administration requested. But in the final bill which passed with bipartisan support after adjustments by the Senate, put the amount much closer to the administration's target. So, what did the Administration do with that extra money? Apparently it didn't much go into security.

It doesn't matter because even if it was one cent it was one cent more than the Republicans in the House were going to give. The whole party is nothing more than loons, hypocrites, and the occasional hero.

It doesn't matter because even if it was one cent it was one cent more than the Republicans in the House were going to give. The whole party is nothing more than loons, hypocrites, and the occasional hero.

Well, that's an improvement from being labeled Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves I guess. :)

I think what's sad and disgusting is that the GOP are using a tragedy where a US ambassador and staff died to make political capital:(

I think if the US state dept knew that the embassy was going to come under attack they would have sent in a SEAL team ASAP or bomb the F*** out of the place. To imply that Hillary or any body in the state dept would say "ah sure they'll be grand" if they got warning is comical

I think what's sad and disgusting is that the GOP are using a tragedy where a US ambassador and staff died to make political capital:(

I think if the US state dept knew that the embassy was going to come under attack they would have sent in a SEAL team ASAP or bomb the F*** out of the place. To imply that Hillary or any body in the state dept would say "ah sure they'll be grand" if they got warning is comical

Ah yes, Democrats - good, Republicans - evil.

No they didn't! They told those who might have been able to help, to stand down.

But back to Hillary... Video, Mob? What do you think of Hillary’s statement, when she knew form the onslaught of the attack that it was terrorist group and not a mob, and had nothing to do with a video? Is the guy who made the video still sitting in jail? This is not the type of person our country deserves as our next leader.

• Advertisement

Well, that's an improvement from being labeled Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves I guess. :)

OMG Cher reference... you know how to win me over Chica.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement