Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 US Presidential Race - Mod Warning in OP

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭Amerika

OMG Cher reference... you know how to win me over Chica.

LOL. Come over to the dark side.

I met Sonny and Cher once, in Vegas. They shared an elevator with us. They were going out to dinner soon and asked if my 8-year-old daughter could baby-sit for Chastity. I said okay, but stayed with them as I thought a 8-year-old was too young to baby-sit in a strange place, especially Vegas. When the two returned, about 2 am, they were smashed. But they sure were funny with a few drinks under their belts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Amerika wrote: »
    LOL. Come over to the dark side.

I met Sonny and Cher once, in Vegas. They shared an elevator with us. They were going out to dinner soon and asked if my 8-year-old daughter could baby-sit for Chastity. I said okay, but stayed with them as I thought a 8-year-old was too young to baby-sit in a strange place, especially Vegas. When the two returned, about 2 am, they were smashed. But they sure were funny with a few drinks under their belts.

Ah here,... You happen to bump into Sonny and Cher in Vegas and they proceeded to ask a random 8 year old girl they met in an elevator to baby sit their kid while they went out on the piss.

You also think Trump would make a good president...

Amerika, you have had a good run here time you punch out.... You've been found out

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    Ah here,... You happen to bump into Sonny and Cher in Vegas and they proceeded to ask a random 8 year old girl they met in an elevator to baby sit their kid while they went out on the piss.

You also think Trump would make a good president...

Amerika, you have had a good run here time you punch out.... You've been found out
    Yes they asked a random 8 year old girl they met in an elevator to baby-sit their kid. But I was wrong about it being my daughter, it was my younger sister.

And I don't think Trump would make a good president. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

And that is because of this lousy deal, who only benefits Iran and greedy European countries who put a greater value on gold over security IMO. And you are correct not every American is conservative, loves guns etc. But we do tend to stand together when it comes to security. And not many like this Iranian deal.

I disagree about Trump. And the majority of the US has no interest in looking a little more like a European country IMO.

I can't take credit for the following, but it rings true for many Americans, and what is helping his popularity with Republicans, Democrats and Independents. Reasons why Trump would make a good president...

Trump gets it. The other candidates who have a greater chance of winning, better get it also.

I think you did......

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    I think you did......

None of that means I think Trump would make a good POTUS. If you notice the part about "reasons why Trump would make a good president..." were not my words and I noted such. But he does appeal to the disgust many of us feel towards the establishment GOP, and how many of us in the middle class are being forgotten by our leaders. Trump gives good speeches but is lacking on ways to accomplish what he wants done (an Obama 2.0). At the current time Carly Fiorina is getting my vote.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

At the current time Carly Fiorina is getting my vote.
    Hope you're marking your preferences all the way down to 17 (or so), and aren't getting your hopes up.

Crowley later admitted that in the debate Romney was right and she was wrong.

Let's see if we can walk this one back some:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/17/candy-crowley-libya-fact-check-backtrack_n_1973431.html

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

None of that means I think Trump would make a good POTUS. If you notice the part about "reasons why Trump would make a good president..." were not my words and I noted such. But he does appeal to the disgust many of us feel towards the establishment GOP, and how many of us in the middle class are being forgotten by our leaders. Trump gives good speeches but is lacking on ways to accomplish what he wants done (an Obama 2.0). At the current time Carly Fiorina is getting my vote.

Your Carly Fiorina obsession is getting weird. Her support in the poles is what, 2-3%?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

they/them/theirs

Brian? wrote: »
    Your Carly Fiorina obsession is getting weird. Her support in the poles is what, 2-3%?

But what about in the Ukrainians, German-Americans, Armenians, etc?

I'll get me coat.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

As opposed to the general fan-boy enthusiasm for Mr. Sanders :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

If Trump becomes President it might made the Congress work again. Him as the commander and chief and the House Speaker & Majority leader massaging his ego quoting the powers of the Congress to him.

Rather than focusing on the issues and differences between the Republicans and Hillary Clinton, the presumed democratic candidate, FNC turned it into a ‘gotcha’ reality show.
    Person complains about Fox not being enough of a Republican party mouthpiece. Film at 11.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Amerika are you seriously standing by that story that Sonny and Cher asked a random adult and 8 year old to look after their kid in an elevator in Vegas?

Thargor wrote: »
    Amerika are you seriously standing by that story that Sonny and Cher asked a random adult and 8 year old to look after their kid in an elevator in Vegas?
    One of his more plausible claims in this thread, I found.

Thargor wrote: »
    Yup. Although it was the early 70's and still the hippie era filled with love and peace and understanding, I still thought it was odd. But we figured rock and roll/Hollywood types... Go figure... What the hell, why not. Who in their right mind would turn them down?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,834 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

They're not looking for scandal, their looking for the truth and accountability. It is obvious from the latest investigation that anything done prior was inadequate because of all the information Clinton and the State department refused to turn over to investigators.
    Does that also explain why the GOP tried and failed to repeal Obamacare over 50 times? I wish that was an exaggeration. Apparently elephants do forget?

Manach wrote: »
    As opposed to the general fan-boy enthusiasm for Mr. Sanders :rolleyes:

Are you rolling your eyes at me as a Sanders "fan-boy"??

I'm under no illusion that Sanders will win the nomination for the Dems. But statistically he has a much great chance than Fiorina.

they/them/theirs

Overheal wrote: »
    Does that also explain why the GOP tried and failed to repeal Obamacare over 50 times? I wish that was an exaggeration. Apparently elephants do forget?

No, the GOP tried to repeal ObamaCare because it's bad legislation.

alaimacerc wrote: »
    Hope you're marking your preferences all the way down to 17 (or so), and aren't getting your hopes up.

Have you looked at her rising poll numbers since the debate? More people just need to find out who she is and listen to what she has to say, and she could be a real threat to the GOP establishment.

• Advertisement

Have you looked at her rising poll numbers since the debate? More people just need to find out who she is and listen to what she has to say, and she could be a real threat to the GOP establishment.

I posted a link to the latest poll numbers. Did you see that?

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/2016_republican_presidential_nomination-3823.html

pretty remarkable climb by Fiorina in the last week.

trebling her score in the national GOP poll with similar climbs in Iowa & New Hampshire

I posted a link to the latest poll numbers. Did you see that?

I didn't look at it as I've seen numerous others. But I did now take a glance at it and from the same source, lets look at the two polls that matter most right now, Iowa and New Hampshire, where people are actually looking at the candidates and listening to what they have to say. So in the matter of one week Carly has jumped from the end of the list to the middle of the pack. Just think what next few weeks will look like.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/ia/iowa_republican_presidential_caucus-3194.html

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/nh/new_hampshire_republican_presidential_primary-3350.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

If she gets into the top 3 for either of Iowa or NH, then who knows?

The Trump debacle has to fizzle out eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭eire4

I'm under no illusion that Sanders will win the nomination for the Dems. But statistically he has a much great chance than Fiorina.

The latest New Hampshire poll has Sanders leading Clinton 44-37. Obviously thats only in New Hampshire but so far Sanders has gone from a token candidate to a serious candidate albeit still the underdog.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Nah, the rolleyes is for not supporting Rick Anal-Sex-Aftermath or the balding billionaire beloved of assholes who miss being allowed to pick on LGBT people or religious minorities without getting called out for it.

I didn't look at it as I've seen numerous others. But I did now take a glance at it and from the same source, lets look at the two polls that matter most right now, Iowa and New Hampshire, where people are actually looking at the candidates and listening to what they have to say. So in the matter of one week Carly has jumped from the end of the list to the middle of the pack. Just think what next few weeks will look like.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/ia/iowa_republican_presidential_caucus-3194.html

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/nh/new_hampshire_republican_presidential_primary-3350.html

So between 3.4 and 5%? The margin for error is polling better :)

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,834 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

No, the GOP tried to repeal ObamaCare because it's bad legislation.

And not one of the 54+ times they tried to repeal it did they ever propose a solid alternative.

When was the last time any legislation passed that was perfect? Obviously the ACA is far from perfect but undoing what is now probably 10 years of work in Washington to go back to the old system? Not a chance. GOP wants to go back to XP because 8.1 is buggy.

Overheal wrote: »
    And not one of the 54+ times they tried to repeal it did they ever propose a solid alternative.

When was the last time any legislation passed that was perfect? Obviously the ACA is far from perfect but undoing what is now probably 10 years of work in Washington to go back to the old system? Not a chance. GOP wants to go back to XP because 8.1 is buggy.
    No, I'd like to say we want to go to Windows 10, but it violates your privacy by default which is more a Democrat type thing... so maybe moving to a MAC is a better analogy. :)

• Advertisement

So between 3.4 and 5%? The margin for error is polling better :)
    And in a couple of weeks she'll probably poll in the number 4 or 5 spot. What tune will you sing then?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement