Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 US Presidential Race - Mod Warning in OP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

20-30rds is not a large capacity magazine, it's the standard. Banning those is not going to effect anything, more typical scare mongering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Donald Trump calls to ban all Muslims entering America

How much further can this rhetoric go? Deporting every last Muslim out of the US? It's getting all a bit too edgy now imo. Far too much persecution of muslims entering/in the US imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,902 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

20-30rds is not a large capacity magazine, it's the standard. Banning those is not going to effect anything, more typical scare mongering.

Whole lot easier to "rush the shooter" when he has to reload.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭meepins

How much further can this rhetoric go? Deporting every last Muslim out of the US? It's getting all a bit too edgy now imo. Far too much persecution of muslims entering/in the US imo.

I don't know, how much higher does the body count have to go?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,224 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Do republicans not realise that by nominating Trump they basically give the presidency to Hillary? Jeb Bush would realistically have the best chance against her. I'd imagine most republicans, even supporters of Trump, would choose Jeb over Hillary so why nominate Trump who doesn't stand a chance???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Overheal wrote: »
    Whole lot easier to "rush the shooter" when he has to reload.

Someone with a basic proficiency with handling firearms can reload in 1-3 secs. Having to reload is not the disadvantage that it is portrayed as being.

MadYaker wrote: »
    Do republicans not realise that by nominating Trump they basically give the presidency to Hillary? Jeb Bush would realistically have the best chance against her. I'd imagine most republicans, even supporters of Trump, would choose Jeb over Hillary so why nominate Trump who doesn't stand a chance???

He has a very good chance. If it comes down to Trump versus Hillary he will absolutely annihilate that witch and it will be hilarious to watch.

meepins wrote: »
    I don't know, how much higher does the body count have to go?

Considering that there's a 1 in 20million chance of one being killed by terrorism, yet over 100,000 are victims of gun violence annually and there's now effectively a mass murder a day happening in the US, I think Trump's not only dealing with the wrong issue, but he's scaremongering and whipping up Islamaphobia and hatred against Muslims with the aim of boosting his poll numbers.

Previously I thought Trump was just a clown, but now I'm genuinely concerned about his rhetoric. Religious discimination is unfortunately a common tactic in history and usually ends in bloodshed.
    He has a very good chance. If it comes down to Trump versus Hillary he will absolutely annihilate that witch and it will be hilarious to watch.

He has a slim chance, and if it comes down to Hillary vs Donald, she'll win out comfortably.

Also, referring to her as a 'witch' only makes you look like a right eejit and does nothing to strengthen your argument.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,902 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Someone with a basic proficiency with handling firearms can reload in 1-3 secs. Having to reload is not the disadvantage that it is portrayed as being.

True, but again that's a skill not an accessory: you greatly narrow down the number of people who could commit to a mass shooting if you increase the barriers to entry, such as requiring them to have the expertise to illegally modify a firearm for high capacity (or access to someone who does), or as the case of a firmly limited clip you require them to develop the skill to reload with that kind of finesse. Not too unrelated, I might be dead from adolescent stupidity if my car was not factory governed to a top speed of 110mph (and thats the story of how I know thats the case) - even though the vehicle is clearly capable of higher speeds. If I really want to take that risk into my hands, I have to look up how to lift that restriction/jailbreak the vehicles OBC.

Also, referring to her as a 'witch' only makes you look like a right eejit and does nothing to strengthen your argument.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fgcd1ghag5Y.
    Finding pleasure in the murder of someone... I think it's an accurate description of who she is.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,267 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Inquitus wrote: »
    Are we really surprised with America? We had the Palin VP fiasco not that long ago...
    I did not care for US Senator McCain as president, but I thought he was brighter than to select someone like Sarah Palin as his running mate, who could not even finish her 1st term as Alaska's governor, quitting governor in 2009 shortly after they lost the presidential election November 2008. I thought Palin the all time GOP low, but if they nominate Trump, they will set an even lower qualifications standard for president, with Trump having ZERO education, training, and past experience with governance to prepare him for the highest government position in the USA.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Increasing wish of many in Ireland too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭Weatherproof79

Donald Trumps mother and father were immigrants. His wife and ex wife are immigrants. Majority of his Childrens Mothers are immigrants. So I find it rich when he talks on immigration etc

His latest comments about Muslims are reactionary to last weeks shootings as we know. As the article below states mass shootings are common in America but this one seems to have garnished much more attention because a Muslim carried it out.

1,052 mass shootings in 1,066 days: this is what America's gun crisis looks like
    The mass shooting in San Bernardino, California, is the deadliest in the US since a gunman killed 20 children and six adults at Sandy Hook Elementary School in December 2012.

“We have a pattern now of mass shootings in this country that has no parallel anywhere else in the world,” Barack Obama said on Wednesday.

Data compiled by the crowd-sourced website ShootingTracker.com reveals a shocking human toll: there is a mass shooting – defined as four or more people shot in one incident – nearly every day. (Updated on 3 Dec 2015)

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/ng-interactive/2015/oct/02/mass-shootings-america-gun-violence

Donald Trump is entertaining to watch but I'm starting to not find it funny anymore. His speech is alarming and parallels could be drawn with Hitler and Jews. I don't for a minute mean concentration camps or anything like that but he wants them out of America like Hitler wanted the Jews out of Germany.

If I were a Muslim American and grew up feeling American to hear and see a prominent politician say that and to have so many of my fellow countrymen agree with him I'm sure it could have negative impact and push people more closer towards groups etc.

Worrying times indeed when the world's most powerful country who has been dropping bombs daily since 2001 may get a mad man in charge. Who knows what will happen then

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

If your country is at war, why should you allow the enemy to send their people in unhindered? It's only a temporary measure anyway. He's putting his country and his people first, instead of some highfalutin ideals that are going to end up getting more people killed.

If your country is at war, why should you allow the enemy to send their people in unhindered? It's only a temporary measure anyway. He's putting his country and his people first, instead of some highfalutin ideals that are going to end up getting more people killed.

So America is at war with 1.6 billion people based entirely on their religion

• Registered Users Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

So America is at war with 1.6 billion people based entirely on their religion

Maybe frosty's hoping Donald will let him take part in his "final solution of the Islamic problem".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

Maybe frosty's hoping Donald will let him take part in his "final solution of the Islamic problem".

I'd rather upset a few pinko liberals than risk letting some psychopathic terrorists into the country.

I'd rather upset a few pinko liberals than risk letting some psychopathic terrorists into the country.

Another idiot who uses liberal as an insult. 1.6billion Muslims has nothing to with upsetting liberals. You're too thick to know the consequences this will have and will turn more people to extremism. Anyway I won't get in the way of you being an ignorant grunt any longer

• Registered Users Posts: 32 jefferytibbs

He's (Trump) has appealed to a huge vote in America after his "speech" last night. What a fuc**d up scenario it would be if became President.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭First Up

The funniest part is Trump thinking he can help figure out what is going on.

• Advertisement

First Up wrote: »
    The funniest part is Trump thinking he can help figure out what is going on.

I'd take Trump over the spineless Obama any day

Obama is useless as well. Mass murderer with a noble peace prize. World is a joke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Mod:

Less snipiness and more quality please, some very low quality posts recently.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Obama is useless as well. Mass murderer with a noble peace prize. World is a joke

Well the poster above seems to think Obama hasn't murdered nearly enough.

my friend wrote: »
    Increasing wish of many in Ireland too

Doesn't justify it one bit. Islamaphobia is wrong no matter where it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fgcd1ghag5Y.
    Finding pleasure in the murder of someone... I think it's an accurate description of who she is.

Were you upset at the death of Gaddafi? Because I wasn't upset at the death of a bloodthirsty tyrant.

I think you'll also find thousands of Americans celebrated the death of Bin Laden, some of whom are Trump supporters today.

Even Trump himself is promising to destroy ISIS; so do you think his reaction to their destruction wouldn't be celebratory in the slightest?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Christy42

A. We are meant to better than ISIS.

B. This will cause a surge in ISIS numbers.

C. How temporary? This could go on for quite some time. Especially if Trump gets in.

D. The idea is hypocritical. He doesn't apply the same logic to gun control (which kills far more of his countrymen). Why is the logic valid here and not elsewhere?

E. I mean how far from the ideals of your country do you want to go? You would have to remove protection from discrimination on the basis of religion.

Doesn't justify it one bit. Islamaphobia is wrong no matter where it is.

Islamaphobia you say, legitimate concerns with Islam rational people say

It's rational to ban 1.6b people from entering your country? Jesus

• Advertisement

So your problem is not with ISIS but with Islam itself. You have a problem with more than 1/7 of the people of this earth. Perhaps you need to consider what you're saying before you try to portray extremism as islam.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement