Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pot-pourri in the office

• 01-10-2014 4:44am
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,613 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Long story short, I work in a manufacturing place. For the longest we were in a HUGE 'open office'. Basically the side factory floor. Now they built one of those prefab office thingys in the same area. It's much quieter but the air is a bit stall. So, I was thinking of bringing in some pot-pourri and stashing it under my table or in my drawer or whatever. On the sly basically, at least at first. Some people I work with are not too good with new ideas basically.

How does AH feel about this?

Sorry if this comes across as 'I have a job and you don't'. I had to move bloody far to get it and it'll be -40C soon enough. Not all roses.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Go for it, the others will probably comment on how the air and stale smell are getting better.

Or just eat 3 large curry's before work and perfume the air a different way:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭Esel

iamstop wrote: »
    Long story short, I work in a manufacturing place. For the longest we were in a HUGE 'open office'. Basically the side factory floor. Now they built one of those prefab office thingys in the same area. It's much quieter but the air is a bit stall. So, I was thinking of bringing in some pot-pourri and stashing it under my table or in my drawer or whatever. On the sly basically, at least at first. Some people I work with are not too good with new ideas basically.

How does AH feel about this?

Sorry if this comes across as 'I have a job and you don't'. I had to move bloody far to get it and it'll be -40C soon enough. Not all roses.
    Is it possible that the new environment is affected by the (new) construction materials? If so, air freshener will only mask it, at best.

Is there proper ventilation / air conditioning? Any dead spots?

What do you mean by stale?

Just be glad it won't be -40F soon! ;)

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

No, because that stuff is disgusting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

And nice curtains for your computer monitor?

diomed wrote: »
    And nice curtains for your computer monitor?
    /serious thread...

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Nothing like strong perfume air fresheners in cars and potpourri to give you massive head aches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭SweetChaos

Do it on the sly and see but I cant see why anyone would have a problem just as long as its not overpowering.
    I used to bring into my office the glass glade gel freshners and nobody had a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭gjc

Pot-pourri .......... That's radical......... Roly eyes..........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

I ate Pot-pourri as a child once. Not my finest hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

-40C Are you in Siberia?

Get a couple of jars of Oregano, and just take the tops off. Everyone will think ..... :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

My wife bought me this stuff for the bathroom.

Poo pouri,

It works too. (surprisingly well)

Read the back of the bottle for details and what it does.

We got it in Johnstown garden centre, county Kildare. I believe Amazon sell it too.

Really does make my post curry bathroom exploits smell divine now.

I'd get a fan first or look for some source of ventilation
    Just pot pourri and stale air would be asking for headaches

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭vandriver

My totally useless fact that in no way furthers the discussion -40°c is -40°f

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Pot Pourri means rotten toilet.

It is an apt name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

There was a gobshyte on my floor a few years ago who burned incense at her desk. I like incense - at home- but she took no account of others who might not have liked the smoke.
    Also allergies: I used to sit beside a guy who had an allergy to chemical fragrances, which meant I had to substitute my glass air freshener for Vick up my nose when the smelly guy came in...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

I thought pot pourri was something like pot noodles :-) only with an Asian flavour .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

How about a nice arrangement of flowers for your desk as well and a few copies of People strewn across your desk?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭Minera

iamstop wrote: »
    Some people I work with are not too good with new ideas basically.

Wow really? You know what you should do take your pot pourri into work and dont bother being discreet, if your colleagues have an issue im sure they wont be long in telling you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

bluewolf wrote: »
    I'd get a fan first or look for some source of ventilation
    Just pot pourri and stale air would be asking for headaches
    There are two of us in the room that I work in, and it's a big enough room, but if you turn off the fan, the air is just dead after 15 minutes. I know we're only moving the bad air but the difference it makes is amazing. We've been trying to get it sorted for years but nothing has happened yet, despite promises.

Esel wrote: »
    Just be glad it won't be -40F soon! ;)
    vandriver wrote: »
    My totally useless fact that in no way furthers the discussion -40°c is -40°f
    :cool: :)

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

I'd second a fan above pot pourri. Things like that give me headaches and make me sneeze and if I'm stuck in too enclosed a space with them I can start wheezing. You've no idea what weird allergies your colleagues have.

Advertisement