Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Year round Dublin-Reykjavik coming in 2015

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,944 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

martinsvi wrote: »
    sorry to burst your bubble but you can't buy a connecting flight from Dublin via LHR to Reykjavik. That means not only you will be overpaying for your un-connected flights, you will also have to go through a hassle of checking out and back in your luggage at LHR.

We already had this topic before, the only proper connection is via SAS at CPH and it's super expensive.

I ended up going by Ryanair/Easyjet via Bristol this summer, cheap as chips as they say (not Iceland, but the flights.. make no mistake, Iceland is still very expensive and to be honest, most services are poor value for money)
    ok, fine, we've been through this before, lets not start this discussion again. I was talking about a classical connection sold by an airline, not you gee-wiz super sites that will sell you just about anything and bail out on you when s**t hits the fan

Someone asked how can you fly to Iceland without checked baggage fees. The airlines flying the routes I listed will do that.

I didn't mention anything about connections, ticketing arrangements or interline connections - I merely listed an option of flying without baggage fees which was the question that was posed.

Yes, you probably would need two separate tickets, but you know there are vast numbers of people travelling like that these days. Many people are not as risk averse as you seem to be, and I really think you are insulting reputable firms such as lastminute.com, expedia.com or ebookers.com by your last comments.

It boils down to personal preference. While you may not want to take that route, others might.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭martinsvi

lxflyer wrote: »
    Someone asked how can you fly to Iceland without checked baggage fees. The airlines flying the routes I listed will do that.

I shouldn't have quoted your post, as it now seems as if I'm arguing what you said, which is not the case. I only wanted to specify that the option provided is not as simple as it, perhaps, should be
    I really think you are insulting reputable firms such as lastminute.com, expedia.com or ebookers.com by your last comments.

I haven't called any names and I keep insisting that these are my personal emotions and considerations, based on a bad experience

I shouldn't have quoted your post, as it now seems as if I'm arguing what you said, which is not the case. I only wanted to specify that the option provided is not as simple as it, perhaps, should be

I haven't called any names and I keep insisting that these are my personal emotions and considerations, based on a bad experience

Personally speaking, in the absence of a direct flight, I would be quite happy booking return DUB/LHR flights with BA and LHR/KEF flights with Icelandair, leaving a suitably long connection at LHR. It's not going to cost an arm and a leg to rebook.

I think perhaps you should take a bit more care about throwing out comments about online flight sites - there are plenty of reputable ones, such as the three that I listed, that will make sure you get to where you are going.

I think perhaps you should take a bit more care about throwing out comments about online flight sites - there are plenty of reputable ones, such as the three that I listed, that will make sure you get to where you are going.

are you saying if someone has a bad experience with a certain service provider they should keep that to their selves and not warn others? Some world you live in..

don't know what you used for your "reputation" scale, but please, if you don't believe me, why don't you check reviews online - http://www.tripadvisor.ie/ShowTopic-g1-i12290-k4118412-Lastminute_com_any_reviews-Bargain_Travel.html

look up any of your 3 mentioned, the stories that keep popping up are just mind blowing

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

owenc wrote: »
    Good for Dublin but in Northern Ireland Easyjet have started a 90 minute service so that should be good enough for me.

I am not sure if I will ever use it though.

This is what to do with the announcement of a DUBLIN service????

are you saying if someone has a bad experience with a certain service provider they should keep that to their selves and not warn others? Some world you live in..

don't know what you used for your "reputation" scale, but please, if you don't believe me, why don't you check reviews online - http://www.tripadvisor.ie/ShowTopic-g1-i12290-k4118412-Lastminute_com_any_reviews-Bargain_Travel.html

look up any of your 3 mentioned, the stories that keep popping up are just mind blowing

No, but perhaps don't tarnish everyone as you seem to be doing.

I can tell you as a fairly frequent flyer that I've not been left high and dry when connections haven't worked - I've managed to get things sorted out fairly easily. That being said, I generally only book European shorthaul flights that way.

No, but perhaps don't tarnish everyone as you seem to be doing.

point taken
    I can tell you as a fairly frequent flyer that I've not been left high and dry when connections haven't worked

me neither, IF the connection was sold by an airline.

Advertisement