Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

920xt

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭boysinblack

Well they claim they have my preordered one in stock and that it will be processed today even bumped me up to next day delivery for free so hopefully I will have it monday!

They are now in stock on the wiggle website for anyone who hasn't pre ordered

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

When I see it with my 'platinum discount' it makes this very tempting...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

When I see it with my 'platinum discount' it makes this very tempting...

€475 from wiggle with platinum or €365 from US when over next month. Ahhhh I want it now but if hold off can get it over in US for cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

viperlogic wrote: »
    €475 from wiggle with platinum or €365 from US when over next month. Ahhhh I want it now but if hold off can get it over in US for cheaper

I found it very hard to find a shop that stocked the 620 when over last month, bestbuy list it but no stores had it. I would check ahead to make sure you can pick one up.

Edit: don't forget sales tax on top of RRP at 6-9%

I gave in, just ordered from Wiggle. Now to see if I can get some overtime to pay for it!

PS 620 with HRM-RUN for sale!

• Advertisement

I gave in, just ordered from Wiggle. Now to see if I can get some overtime to pay for it!

Thats what I can do....overtime over christmas...you guys just make me want things I can't afford more...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

PS 620 with HRM-RUN for sale!

Lets us know when it ships please.

tunney wrote: »

FYI I suspect it will be some time!

FYI I suspect it will be some time!

My preordered one shipped today so they do have stock ...

Ordered at 3pm today and shipped at 6pm 😀

• Advertisement

It finally came !!!

€475 from wiggle with platinum or €365 from US when over next month.

Worked out cheaper paying in pounds than euros on Wiggle, €463 in the end.

Worked out cheaper paying in pounds than euros on Wiggle, €463 in the end.

Swam with one of the wiggle ones yet?

I've a fear of water to get over first!

I have! Worked perfectly ...

Do you expect it to work differently because it is from wiggle than the one you're getting from AKW? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Do you expect it to work differently because it is from wiggle than the one you're getting from AKW? :confused:

Yep, imperial measurements ;)

Its a possibility.

Its a possibility.

Pretty much basing that offf zero evidence....

I have! Worked perfectly ...

How do you find the swim metrics? Does it detect different strokes or rest times and how accurate did you find the measurement?

Any chance to test the new run metrics? This was the big thing I was hoping for in the V800 updates myself, wonder how useful people will find having the extra run data?

• Advertisement

Pretty much basing that offf zero evidence....

Which I freely admit. But am curious as to some rumours I heard.

Where did the rumors of Wiggle getting stock from US come from?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

AKW wrote: »
    How do you find the swim metrics? Does it detect different strokes or rest times and how accurate did you find the measurement?

Any chance to test the new run metrics? This was the big thing I was hoping for in the V800 updates myself, wonder how useful people will find having the extra run data?

Run metrics on the 620 is great, I had it down as a gimmick when buying the watch but find it very useful now.

mloc123 wrote: »
    Run metrics on the 620 is great, I had it down as a gimmick when buying the watch but find it very useful now.

Very interested to see the ground contact time based on what you said about differences between shoes and contact time.

Where did the rumors of Wiggle getting stock from US come from?

It's caused a bit of consternation in Garmin as there is no stock in Europe for distribution and the only territory that has received early stock is the US. It would be interesting (curiosity) if there was a way to do a reverse search on serial numbers.

Significant information that I get each day from calls with Garmin is updated to my pre-orders so they know what is happening. So I would ultimately be the source of that story.

At the end of the day it is a global company (Wiggle) exercising it's buying power.

From the Garmin forums and DCrainmakers blog you can see many have got 920XT's all over Europe and not all from Wiggle also it appears

From the Garmin forums and DCrainmakers blog you can see many have got 920XT's all over Europe and not all from Wiggle also it appears

They can be picked up at major races - stands at international marathons and Ironmen races. All of these though are pre-waterproofing changes.

AFAIK and not taking away from anyone, these are all initial seeding units direct from China and were not on general release through distribution channels. The 920 is yet to be launched through retail and the European HQ has not received stock from China yet (again AFAIK).

There is one outlet that is to have 60 days exclusivity in the UK market this has not kicked in yet, and Ireland are thankfully excluded from this agreement so Irish stores will receive stock at the same time as the UK exclusive.

Everything is 4th & 5th hand by the time it gets to me (through official channels I have to add) so the game is likely changed by the time it washes through.

Anyways, enjoy the new toys, you lucky duckers!! :)

Check that serial number

B2z09gYIUAAkuEc.jpg:large

• Advertisement

Check that serial number

B2z09gYIUAAkuEc.jpg:large

My wiggle one is good anyways ....

Thank Christ !!!

Advertisement