Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

920xt

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

My wiggle one is good anyways ....

Thank Christ !!!

Same, just got my Wiggle one and checked straight away!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Was this the same situation with the first shipments of the 910XT as well? Hard to imagine a major brand like Garmin would fall foul of quality issues on their premier sports watch line twice in succession?

Maybe a component supplier let them down? No excuse though I suppose, you would expect very stringent signoff on the unit testing and early field acceptance testing one hopes.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭boysinblack

Anyone advise me if there a cheap way of getting a power meter that gives me my power on the bike through my watch ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

define cheap? you;re looking at several hundred euros for even the most basic option. cheapest new at the moment is probably a stages, which is one leg only. don;t think the 4iii has hit the shelves yet

mossym wrote: »
    define cheap? you;re looking at several hundred euros for even the most basic option. cheapest new at the moment is probably a stages, which is one leg only. don;t think the 4iii has hit the shelves yet

Ya was hoping there be something cheaper than that , may try second hand I guess :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gerfmurphy

slowtwitch and there is alot of deals in the US theses days with thanksgiving

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Ya was hoping there be something cheaper than that , may try second hand I guess :/

Always going to be a few hundred.

Do you need power?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

So.. any stock yet with these? Fenix2 is looking tempting at this stage :D

Wiggle have stock of the white/red with HRM at the moment

I have the white/red one but have reversed the strap so its more predominantly white than red.

mloc123 wrote: »

Why do you need the cycling and swimming bits? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Getting White / Red ones in tomorrow, no word on Black / Blue stock at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

tunney wrote: »
    Why do you need the cycling and swimming bits? :)

I don't.. I need battery life :)

run faster?

Fenix2 or V800.

Given a choice today I'd go Fenix2 for the run metrics.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭kenn0

Hi all
    Wife bought a 920 black/blue in NYC at the weekend. The had no white/red. Anybody interested in a swap black/blue for white/red. Straight swap. No HRM. PM if interested.

Another 920 question but anyone care to recommend me a turbo that will connect up with the 920 for around 200-300 mark ?

Another 920 question but anyone care to recommend me a turbo that will connect up with the 920 for around 200-300 mark ?

Could also just get a normal turbo, use the Garmin speed/cadence sensor and trainer road software. It will give you a power reading as they have profiled most turbos. It's what I do.

viperlogic wrote: »
    Could also just get a normal turbo, use the Garmin speed/cadence sensor and trainer road software. It will give you a power reading as they have profiled most turbos. It's what I do.

Any chance you link me to what I need to buy, only new to this and haven't a clue!

New straps available for the 920! What are the design department on! If they will make a plain white band I will be happy

cf-lg.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

viperlogic wrote: »
    New straps available for the 920! What are the design department on! If they will make a plain white band I will be happy

cf-lg.jpg

Saw them on ebay about a week ago and thought someone else had manufactured them. The yellow is pretty. :D

Just a heads up in its own spot so people can learn from my experience...

Went out for long run today and the Low Battery warning came on after 45 min. I had 1hr 45min to go...the next warning came about 1:15 later, then again, 15 min later, then 10min, then 5.

Just as I was about to upload via wifi it died, so it was about 2hrs of use after the first Low Battery warning. Had on wifi, GPS/ GLONASS, w/o screen rotation.

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Triathlon_Forum_F1/Garmin_920_Battery_Life_P5368368/

I know I had started charging too early as I didn't know what would happen when it started to fade.

Also the recovery advisor definitely seems to "learn".

What previously had a 30 hour recovery, and was easy. Now is a 3 hour. Definitely learns as it goes.

The battery life is exceptional, getting over a week from it and that's with everything turned on, 1 second recording, glonass, smart notifications, activity tracker, and running every second day. Not hitting any bugs either unlike the disaster that was the 620 when released.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Tibulus

Finally got my 920xt last week.

Notice it adding alot of extra lengths to my pool swimming.

Is there something that im doing wrong? I understand that it clocks a length when you turn.

Have you the pool length set up right?

I made a similar mistake recently and was chuffed with my swim until I realised the mistake :(

Tibulus wrote: »
    Finally got my 920xt last week.

Notice it adding alot of extra lengths to my pool swimming.

Is there something that im doing wrong? I understand that it clocks a length when you turn.

have you done drills? changed strokes mid length? stopped mid length?

Used the beta for the last 3-4 weeks

Doesn't sort all the bluetooth issues, not buggy mind and the ConnectIQ is nice.

• Advertisement

Since the GPS update about a month ago the watch has been bullet proof for me. Was looking forward to ConnectIQ stuff but stopped wearing it as a daily so won't be taking full advantage of that now. Use the Withings Activite as my daily now, certainly better looking!

Advertisement